News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xKojix

Just out of a curious question, aside from the family values tour, has anyone else met Diru at other concerts? I met them at their show in Denver CO, on 02/16/07 and all I can say is they are very chill and fun guys. However never got to meet Kyo, he went to bed early that night. Great way to celebrate his birthday lol

signal to noise

only FVT for me. i didnt bother with that "preorder the new cd with the shitty fuckin bland american packaging and have a 1 in 100 chance to meet the band!"
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

非難GO-GO > バクチク

lol on both replies.

There are hardly any cds worth pre-ordering.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

signal to noise

so are we gonna end up turning this into a serious dir en grey discussion? because i'd love to see what people have to say. most of the time they seem like a love or hate band.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Tsunetako

Everything that can be said about Dir en grey has been said.

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: signal to noise on August 08, 2007, 09:38:19 AM
so are we gonna end up turning this into a serious dir en grey discussion? because i'd love to see what people have to say. most of the time they seem like a love or hate band.

let's not ... really...we all know what happens with deg threads >.< besides i think we already know the different opinions of the people here ffrom that other thread...

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Karasu

Quote from: signal to noise on August 08, 2007, 09:38:19 AM

I don't think anyone can keep a serious discussion in Japanese Music forums if their life depended on it, ESPECIALLY when it's regarding this band. However, I'd love to see this place prove me wrong, honestly.

I haven't met the band, but i've seen them twice. When they were at FVT in Tampa, I  was across from them when they were meeting and greeting. I decided not to shake their hand because it would be so quick and...empty like.  I got a clear view at Die and Kaoru though, and it was pretty cool to see them up close like that. They look...very groomed which I found kinda hilarious. They play this raw, brutal music, yet keep a constant state of cleanliness lol.

One day i'd love to meet them after the show and just give them a handshake and conversing with them like adults and let them see they have some normal, level-headed fans.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I don't understand why people keep raising the issue of DeG overall. Knowing full well it could turn into a fangirl/boy raving spot or a full blown argument. That's just me though.

I personally loved them until vulgar , and even vulgar was tolerable , now they are just crap , there really isn't another way to put it for me. I was turned off by Kyo's directions with whatever he calls his lyrical style now. Other than that long live stuff pre-vulgar. I crack out the cds once in a blue moon these days.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Kyο

I like the music they've been putting out recently, but prefer their older stuff.  Kyo definitely needs to sing more, in my opinion.  He has a great voice. I think songs like Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tamerai ni Hohoemi are a thousand times more powerful than screaming would ever be. It has its place, but not so much and so often.

Quote from: Karasu on August 09, 2007, 03:20:29 AM
One day i'd love to meet them after the show and just give them a handshake and conversing with them like adults and let them see they have some normal, level-headed fans.

Same here. I've met Kyo at FVT but that wasn't exactly a long 5 seconds. It would be nice to talk to them all about their influences, change in style, etc.
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

Karasu

For me, I used to be a "I love it all" Dir en grey fan. I liked Gauze, Macabre...that whole era of music. I think since last year however, I've grown out of love with their older music. It just...doesn't capture the level of emotion and force that the newer albums dish out. Hell, even Kisou I find...boring lately. The intensity and production of the albums six Ugly and beyond have been just mind-blowing to me. I totally understand and get the direction they're going towards. They're influenced by the bands of the west lately yes [Muse comes to mind], but they still have their own sound to it, and have not SOLELY become Death Metal, or Metalcore or Hard Rock/Nu-Metal. They blend those styles of music and fuse it with their own style and it creates this unique sound for them. I love it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Give me 'The Deeper Vileness' over 'Schwein no Isu' anyday.

Do As Eternity 6

^ i basically am the same way ... i was a love it all fan to but  as time went on i listened to the older stuff less ...well except for kisou <3 (which is still my favorite album)

i don't really know why i like the newer stuff more... I've never been the type to like that kind of music *in fact i used to hate it and couldn't understand why people could listen to all that screaming xD and to me all metal/or any kind of heavy heavy rock was all screaming nonsense* but somehow deg made me like it... it's strange...and from that I've grown to like other bands that have that metally/heavy sound (don't shoot me, genre impaired remember) ... even though as of MOAB kyo has gone all screamy (cuz honestly i don't think WTD was that bad with screaming at all) the overall songs impact me more i think then let's say cage does... yea...

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

lyrandis

I like certain albums when I'm in certain moods. Sometimes I can't stand their new stuff, and sometimes that's all I want to listen to.

I do though miss the times when you could ask someone "Hey, do you like Dir en grey?" and if they said yeah, you could start talking about all sorts of Jrock things. But now it seems like first I ask if the person likes Dir en grey just to make sure he/she is open to music from another country. Then I have to ask if they also like The GazettE or some other band. Most of the time they don't know wtf I'm talking about. v.v  And some people like them just because they're "sicker" than the next band. That just bothers me with any band. If the answer to the question of "Why do you like this band?" is something like "Oh because the lead singer is HOT!" or "The band members are pyro freaks," then I just lose respect for that person. Bands are supposed to be about the music first, right?  ???

signal to noise

new single Dozing Green, 10/24/07. holla. discuss. high hopes?
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

yup we were talking about it at another forum... so apparently it's supposed to be different from anything they've ever done...so we're all taking guess on what it shall be...i quickly said techno ...but meh they've added bits and pieces before ...so now i think the consensus is music to get stoned too ...especially with a name like dozing green..

all things aside though i'm freaking excited since it feels like it's been awhile ... i look forward to it and seeing as this and tsubasa are coming out the same day i will be an extremely happy little girl

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Kyο

Quote from: signal to noise on August 30, 2007, 10:52:11 PM
new single Dozing Green, 10/24/07. holla. discuss. high hopes?

Yey, what nice news to come home to! 8D I was wondering when another single would be released.

I'm leaning toward thinking it'll be along the lines of Ryoujoku no Ame for some reason (melodic with a bit of screams thrown in), but something different from what they've done in the past? Hm...that could be anything from techno-style stuff to operatic vocals in the background. XD Hopefully they won't go the 'rap-route' which I've noticed a few bands have been doing in certain songs..  The thought of Kyo rapping makes me die a little inside. >_o;

As for the name, it kinda makes me think Dozing Green = sleepy, desolate sort of landscape. Maybe they're going to shock us all with a totally mellow song or something! XD

Random thought: Search for Dozing Green to get a bunch of graffiti art/artists sites and a few hip-hop links.
..Okay, now I'm a little nervous. *waits patiently until the 24th*
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.