News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

ipods and iphones?

Started by Alice the Sister, November 23, 2007, 02:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice the Sister

BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

neoalex

They're a good piece of hardware, but iTunes is a pain. I mean, I totally hate that sync system, since my HDD is constantly crying for some room. Oh, I have a 1st gen ipod nano and that's my only complaint.

you CAN spread my links if you want/need.

Do As Eternity 6

i dunno i love my ipod <3 i don't care so much about the iphone(then again i don't care much for cell phones...the crappiest ones will do) ...but i couldn't live without my ipod =/ and i like itunes it's pretty simple to use and i like the organization. i just turn my settings so it doesn't make copies of the songs so i don't need to worry about the copies taking up room on my hard drive and i set it so that i update my ipod manually...so that takes care of any issues i would've really had. I have 3... one 30GB black (but the headphone jack doesn't work anymore so i just use it as a hard drive), a white 30GB which i pretty much used until i got a new 160GB for my birthday so i'm using the white one as a hard drive too. even so they may be a tad bit overrated xD

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Champ213

My uncle has an iPhone. It's a neat thing to look at but personally I wouldn't need it. I habitually displace my 3-year-old cell phone. Yeah, I'm the type of person that constantly fogets her phone's security code because I use the thing so rarely.  :-\

Kyο

I have a 60gb iPod video and love it (unfortunately it only has 4gb left D:). I'm not even interested in getting an iPhone..it's too expensive. I'd rather just use that kind of money to buy a bunch of cds/dvds or something.
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

wtfuxeric

How do I set iTunes to not make copies of songs?

My Hard Drive is about to 'splode. D:
:O

signal to noise

ipods are totally not overrated. i have a 60gb ipod video and i love love love it. and i dont think itunes is a pain or anything, it's pretty simple for me. iphones are lame though.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

Quote from: wtfuxeric on November 23, 2007, 04:50:42 AM
How do I set iTunes to not make copies of songs?

My Hard Drive is about to 'splode. D:

Somewhere amongst the many tabs of iTunes "Edit/Preferences..." section, there's a checkbox that says "Automatically copy songs when adding to my Library" or something. Uncheck that.
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

Alice the Sister

So theres really nothing too bad with the hardware it's self...it's just whole package Apple forces down your throat?

In the old days, music players accepted quite a few codecs, and you could just drag and drop the files. My iriver accepts like wma, ogg, and mp3 and it's pretty old. But you can't just hook it up to your PC and treat it like an external drive. :(

Too much pressure for copy protection these days, I bet.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

nekki_chibi

Actually Apple has one of the mildest copy protection rules in the market - if they didn't invent itunes store as we see it now, the whole market could be much stricter in terms of copyrighting.
Speaking of hardware, they're both great, but iPhone users, as it was once brilliantly told, are like crazy mothers: He started talking! He smiled to me! (...) He's got a bloggie-thingie! OMG we have a new wallpaper!