News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

"MIX" cd type torrents? Sampler.

Started by Sugarhand, July 24, 2006, 09:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugarhand

Would anyone bother downloading a sort of "Sampler" type torrent? I often download torrents of bands I have never heard of to try and expand my library, but sometimes end up with something I completely dislike.

I was thinking I would put together like, 2-3 songs per band of every discog I have, so if someone has never heard a band they can see if they would want the entire library of said band.

Perhaps it could be a group effort and we could get selections from every single discog available?

Rust.Orange

That sounds like a lot of effort, but a really interesting idea.
"お財布を恵んで頂けなければ、このナイフで刺させて頂きます。" - some random person

Alys

I agree..
I love sampling new bands, and it's so much better with a few songs instead of a complete discography.
Frailty is a Weakness Only Humans Can Indulge

Impeding uploads:

impact

why not do short clips from discography's

maru

why u guys do not disable some files when downloading the whole discography? use azureus! ^^ But it might be good when we wre told which songs are the best or most popular!  ;D

Spike760

I like the idea, just because if I want to hear a new band, I don't want to download their whole discography when I could just download a couple songs to see whether I like them or not; and if I do then I'll download their disco. But I think this is a good idea.

BillStBill

I would like this a lot.
When I download a discog I'm like where should I start?
This would only have the best songs
But then again what if you don't like other peoples taste?
But whatever, I would download it.

noslen_seta

well brilliant idea i think I'm gonna put some sample in my torrent next time well thanks for sharing Ur idea ^_^

Healthy Foods + Vitamins + Gym + Steroids + Jesus = Super Jesus

Spike760

Quote from: BillStBill on July 24, 2006, 09:41:56 PM
I would like this a lot.
When I download a discog I'm like where should I start?
This would only have the best songs
But then again what if you don't like other peoples taste?
But whatever, I would download it.

Well we could make more than one of them, like you could make one for different genre's, be like Punk, Metal, etc.

IAmSancho

I actually make mix CDs for some kids i know who work at a CD store (the irony of it), so I can make a mix CD and throw it up sometime this weekend ^_^

kittiekissies

Mix type thing is a great idea! As other people have said its nice to sample a band but with a whole discog if you havent heard the band its really luck if you're gunna get a decent song or the band's worst song ever
My new JRequest site! Click the image to go to it!