News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

D - The New 3 Singles Visual Style and Sound

Started by †Ira†, August 17, 2007, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

†Ira†

I would like to hear your opinion about their new style.
Personally i love anything that comes from D so i can't really give an opinion except that i really love it. The sound changed into something a bit more indie i think.. i noticed that more in the new PV: "Schwarzchild". Somehow i feel that i'm back to Malice Mizer era or something, but with an heavier sound.

They have three different fashion styles in each PV. Crazy, Japanese Traditional and Gothic.
I think that a lot of people were like: OHHH MY GOD, what happened to D.. after they saw the PV of Dearest You. I was shocked with the visual of Asagi, it was really great. But when i was watching the new PV my mouth was opened for 6min, the entire time of it. It was wonderful, great music, wonderful visual, they are PERFECT!!

So.. fans of D or someone of the band in particular, spit out your opinion about them.
;D
~Currently Searching~
-Yousei Teikoku Indie Releases-
(Momo no Hane, Momo no Mori, Atarashii Momo, fairthm, Shikou no momo and a Promotional CD)
...PM me if you have something...

Tsunetako

I felt that Dearest You was decent.. But the B-sides on that single far out shined the main track, and I didn't really enjoy the concert style PV, but the animal print was pretty damn awesome and Ruiza's hair was amazing. Yes, amazing. I don't care what any of you think.

Schwarschild is AMAZING. An absolute masterpiece. The song is so epic and technical, but emotional too. I love the whole vampire story, and Asagi's costume during that PV was stunningly beautiful. The opening notes to Die lietze nacht are some of the most hauntingly beautiful vocals I've heard since LLV's Torawarete..

As for Ouka.. I love the classical japanese lyrics. NEO JAPANESQUE didn't do much for me though.

evilaya12

-cough- I was so waiting for this thread lol. I hate when I have to force myself to watch/listen to something more than twice to start to like it.......Which Is why I hated dearest you and the other crappy Japanesey one I can't seem to recall/ want to think about. Dearest you grew on me and I love it but The other one just blows besides the outfits (Asagi =pretty) The Schwarzchild single and PV really brought D back to me because I fell in love with them during the Name of the Rose album. I think D just looks better with the heavier Goth look / sound, They know how to work that style and should stick to it.  It'd be nice to have another album I can sit through without having to skip tracks...They should work on that >_> BUT WOOT FOR D not getting on my nerves again♥

Do As Eternity 6

let's see...

dearest you was ok. I didn't hate it but it wasn't as good as i think D could be.

I really really liked ouka saki some ni keri it was a nice change to hear from D and it definitely beats dearest you.

schwarzchild is great...admittedly i had to play it once or twice before i decided i really like it but after the second time i decided it was awesome...i still haven't watched the pv yet though...

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Kyο

Well, I thought Dearest You was okay. Definitely not some of the best D out there though.

I'm still addicted to Ouka, and love the pv.. I had seen the pv before hearing the single and was really surprised at the traditional angle they took. (Not to mention 'Oh look! On the bridge! the lady in a kimo--shit in a hat, that's Asagi. O_O' Still, I love the song and costumes. Neo Japanesque though..not so much.

Schwarzchild was amazing, the single and pv. I watched the pv last night as a matter of fact and kind of sat there for awhile when it ended thinking '.......wow.' XD For me, It takes a really good pv to get a reaction like that, lol. The song is beautiful and the video is really well done (especially when the camera shots slow down a bit, they go pretty fast near the beginning).

The tranditional Japanese sound/look was good, but I personally think D should stick with the darker stuff. They really can pull it off *O*
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

埒々

It's "Schwarzschild", not "Schwarzchild". =(

Well, Dearest You never really grew on me. It sounded a lot like other stuff D has done before... But Ouka Saki Some ni Keri was really surprising, I love the traditional Japanese feeling that's hitting you in the face everytime you listen to the song or watch the PV. Just beautiful. Schwarzschild was an acquired taste. At first it sounded rather meh-ish to me, but after a second listen I realized how complex it was and how wonderfully it worked out. Really one of D's best songs this year.

†Ira†

Quote from: 埒 on August 18, 2007, 03:56:22 AM
It's "Schwarzschild", not "Schwarzchild". =(

You're right, my mistake! XDXDXD
For some reason it sounded a bit strange but since I'm not German i couldn't know at first sight.  ;)
~Currently Searching~
-Yousei Teikoku Indie Releases-
(Momo no Hane, Momo no Mori, Atarashii Momo, fairthm, Shikou no momo and a Promotional CD)
...PM me if you have something...

Do As Eternity 6

lol it's not just you i did it too xD for some reason whenever i read the title i miss the s xD it's like it's not even there T.T

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

埒々

Just remember that it's supposed to mean "black shield". (They managed to fuck around with the grammar though. =0)

Yumeko

^ heh my eye skipped over that 's' too and I thought it was 'black child' LOL  yes I'm a dork

I love D; always have; especially since their first album.  I wasn't that crazy for Dearest You and their outfits really scared me because I don't like that generic VK look.  But the next single really pleased me.  The PV for 'Sakura Hanazaki Some ni Keri' (I don't believe it Ouka anything.  Besides; yesasia.com lists it as Sakura) was a masterpiece.  Very very beautiful.  And his voice in the song was harsh and yet also very beautiful.

'Schwarzschild' took me two listens to see that it is easily the best single of the three.  And I love the song 'Die Leztze Nacht'.  Does anyone have the lyrics for the songs?  Anywho; the pv is growing on me more.  I didn't like it the first time.  But I broke down the other day and bought the cd+dvd single on yesasia.  I can't wait till I get it.

I'm very much looking forward to a new single and if D puts out another album; I hope it's as likable as the first album.  The second album had a lot of tracks I wasn't especially crazy about.  Where as the first album is so good I can just let that play.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

I thought the same thing at first until i had my mom translate *she speaks,she lived there for awhile but she looked at me very strangely when i asked her >_> at first i thought it was because of the darkish titles but now i figure it's because of the grammer that 埒 points out* and yet still after she told me what it meant i continued to miss the s... i'm slow T.T

i think the reason it's ouka saki some ni keri and not sakura hanazaki some ni keri ..is because of the whole classical Japanese theme... i know the lyrics are in classical japanese and what not...so i don't doubt the title would be as well... then again i don't much about classical japanese at all so i could be wrong about the title too

i hope they come out with a new album next too.... i actualy liked both albums equally for different reasons but a new D album would be nice =] especially if it has a good mix like the singles prove to be

(PS yumeko you're sig is highly amusing xD AAA?)

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Yumeko

^ LOL it amuses me too.  I'm such a DBSK fangirl :P

I'm confused on the title.  The classical Japanese title makes sense given the lyrics; but then Yesasia had it as the other title.  Who knows; they probably fucked it up.

Its probably too soon for them to put out a new album.  But if they keep up with this style of music like that have been in their singles; I bet the next album would ROCK
drawing by me...

Culo

I never was a big D fan... I only liked a couple songs (my favorite is still Vampire Missa... but now Sakura hanazaki is coming close too).
What I don't like is when Asagi starts doing falsetto... some people might find it fascinating and OMG so elegant and stylish, I think he sounds like a drunken salaryman making fun of opera at some karaoke. But otherwise I like his vocals (I'm a big JE*REVIENS fan).
Lately I've been listening to the new singles a lot, especially Sakura hanazaki and Schwarzschild.

edit: about their visual style, I don't pay much attention to that but I saw the new PVs and they look decent... I like asagi as a oni (not so much his girly kimono outfit), overall they look cool except for tsunehito, he should try another kind of hairstyle or overall look because his face doesn't really match the image he's going for... reminds me of psycho le cemu's aya *shivers*
Fag who reads

reddish

Their visual style lately has scared the hell out of me. With Ruiza's hair exploding on the top of his head, and the rest looking like cavemen hookers. Then they go through a very beautiful stage where it's traditional type clothing. Now it's back to vampire themed wear.  I wish they would of taken the traditional clothing a bit further..

Their music has honestly gotten a little sloppy.
I don't dislike the newer releases, but I know they can do better.

Don't insult Tsunehito.
Aya is ugly.  ::)

Do As Eternity 6

^ lol the ruiza hair kind of scared me as well i actually saw it in a magzine before i watched the Pv *cuz i'm lazy and i always watch pvs days and days later =_=* and when i saw it i was like who the hell is..RUIZA?!?!?!

Quote from: Yumeko on August 19, 2007, 01:07:51 AM
^ LOL it amuses me too.  I'm such a DBSK fangirl :P

I'm confused on the title.  The classical Japanese title makes sense given the lyrics; but then Yesasia had it as the other title.  Who knows; they probably fucked it up.

Its probably too soon for them to put out a new album.  But if they keep up with this style of music like that have been in their singles; I bet the next album would ROCK

ah so it's DBSK hehe it's awesome i just can't stop watching it xD

yea actually i've noticied quite a few screwups in some of yesasia's descriptions of a few japanese and korean Cd's so i wouldn't go by what they say >_>;

and i agree if they keep going this way i'm sure it will be awesome

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか