News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Labels (of today and yesterday)

Started by Kyο, July 28, 2007, 06:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyο

There are quite a few.. Under Code Production, Speed Disc, PS Company, Sherow Artist Society, etc, and those that used to be around but just.. aren't.

For me, I've come to really enjoy listening to Matina bands. The melodies are good, and the guitar solos are even better. Though most of the bands signed to the label disbanded (or moved to UCP, as Vidoll did), some members moved on to join other bands that are currently active (I really don't want to list =.=).. And as for favorite bands from Matina, I like vellaDonna, MIRAGE, and GARDEN. NADIA also sounds like a band worth checking out, though all I've seen around by them is 'Tears like a snow' from Matina Prelude  :-\ It's a good song though..

What are your favorite labels and bands on them, and which ones do you think people should check out?
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

lovetrick

Alice the Sister

BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

Culo

Key Party had some pretty good bands signed to it (Noir fleurir, Eliphas Levi)
I also have a special respect for Euro because he produced one of my all time favourite VK CD's: Hoshi no hako by Da'vid/shito:aL.

I can't really say I'm a big fan of Matina, but Makaroni had their CD's produced by Matina... and other bands like Anti-Kranke (or it was already Under Code? bah its basically the same), but I don't like the typical 90s Matina bands. As I don't like the current typical UC bands either (just Kibouya honpo which isn't typical or copied)

There was (is?) also Donuts Records which had some nice nagoya bands like Phobia, Lamiel, kein, etc.

And then there's the little labels owned by bands such as Fantasia (AMADEUS) and TEMPLE (Klein Kaiser, BABYLON).
I like bands with their own label, they have all the freedom they want, which in the particular cases of Fantasia and TEMPLE, brings lots of creativity and originality. But they never get to be too big as bands produced by big labels of course (they always can perform in other label's live events and get new public though)

Oh yeah! and there's Art Pop, label of Metronome and SEX-ANDROID, love that label. (Kibouya honpo should be there)

edit: btw i'm about to upload something related to old Matina on the direct download forum... coincidence?  :P
Fag who reads

Alice the Sister

Contemode is a good label, that's the label capsule is on and theres a bunch of nagoya-kei and sugary plastic cute pop music on there, usually either jazzy or 8bit-y sorta sometimes.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

4skin,

Matina was only good because of Madeth and Mist Of Rouge.

Champ213

Key Party and Soleil (which had La'Mule, Vasalla, Birushana, With Sexy, Marry+an+Blood etc.). Donuts Record West also had some nice bands (Lamiel, Phobia, Vizell)

Current labels, I don't know.... there's usually a band or two on every label I like, except PS Company and Loop Ash, who currently don't have any band I care for.

GEWALT

Art Pop = metronome,sex android
relative+heart = eight  (and its nachi's label)
anarchist records = A lot of bands I like were on it, like WERKMARE, THE PIASS, ANTI FEMINISM
AMG OSAKA =  for cool VA cd and supporting OTO-ONI

Do As Eternity 6

avex!!!!

lol jk i actually don't know what label most of the bands i listen to are one >.< sorry i fail...i only know basically what bands are on psc and most of the bands on UCP (i haven't memorized them but i slightly glanced at the homepage once) ...and then well a few band's label here and there... it's just something i hardly pay attention to >.<

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

wtfuxeric

Matina is great!!!

Sherow Aritist Society is my favorite mainly because it has Metis Gretel. I'm hoping they will sign more kotekote kei bands We really need them!
:O

非難GO-GO > バクチク

QuoteAMG OSAKA =  for cool VA cd and supporting OTO-ONI

Tricycle for Amatarase.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Kyο

Quote from: wtfuxeric on July 28, 2007, 07:11:06 PM
Matina is great!!!

Sherow Aritist Society is my favorite mainly because it has Metis Gretel. I'm hoping they will sign more kotekote kei bands We really need them!

Yes *__*

Quote from: Champ213 on July 28, 2007, 12:23:00 PM
Donuts Record West also had some nice bands (Lamiel, Phobia, Vizell)

Never heard of this one (and had no idea Lamiel was on it)! I just looked it up, and their Wiki says CROIX and Aliza Marie were on it too.  ;D
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

Champ213

Sherow Artist Society should sign EREMIA. They fit into their concept, already participated in some of their events ans are friends with Metis Gretel. And I think they could far with a good production. Their latest releases already were pretty decent.

Do As Eternity 6

sry if i sound stupid but what exactly is kotekote kei >.< i like Metis Gretel but i had no idea they fell into another sub-genre of vk, so would anyone be kind enough to explain...again sorry for my obliviousness

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Champ213

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 29, 2007, 01:52:18 AM
sry if i sound stupid but what exactly is kotekote kei >.< i like Metis Gretel but i had no idea they fell into another sub-genre of vk, so would anyone be kind enough to explain...again sorry for my obliviousness

"Old school vk". Stuff like Key Party, Matina etc. It's sometimes lously used as "opposite" of oshare kei. Flamboyant clothing and/or lots of black leather, fishnet, gothy stuff, heavy make-up, colorful hair etc. Usually with a darker, heavier sound as opposed to happier oshare stuff.