News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

TheCandySpookyTheater

Started by Alice the Sister, July 25, 2007, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fangy89

Quote from: パニック姫 on July 26, 2007, 11:59:25 PM
I remember everyone being pretty scared of them, that was funny.
Jack doesn't look like he would bite... hard.

:-X

I always thought he looked like a cheap Kozi prostitute on crack...and not the good kind like in Brise. >_>

Hmm...actually now that I really examine him, he looks like the the result of a Malice Mizer orgy. Yay! ^.^

reddish

That's a rather disturbing analysis you did there.

Jack looks better without make-up and his hair not pulled back, or at least that's what I think anyway. I'm sure there are loads who will disagree on that.

Their music is really fun actually. I love the whole halloweenie feel it has to it. I mean how great is it driving down the street with that blaring out of your window?

I think one of their most enjoyable songs is "A Clockwork World" (read translation)
It's almost romantic, and very slow which is unlike the typical style. I wish they would of turned this into a PV, it would of made a really good visual.

When Jack wants to take himself seriously, he will be great.

fangy89

Quote from: パニック姫 on July 27, 2007, 01:39:08 AM

Aw come on! He totally has Mana's lips and Kozi's...eyes...makeup...face...thing. And he's even got Yu~Ki's Beast of Blood pimp cane! Cuz it's totally a genetic trait!!!!!!111

Anonymous_Lulz

Quote from: fangy89 on July 27, 2007, 04:03:28 AM
Quote from: パニック姫 on July 27, 2007, 01:39:08 AM

Aw come on! He totally has Mana's lips and Kozi's...eyes...makeup...face...thing. And he's even got Yu~Ki's Beast of Blood pimp cane! Cuz it's totally a genetic trait!!!!!!111
hahahahah oh god. that was awesome.

but seriously now.  i like 2 songs. Two.  and i could listen to them all day long and never get tired of them. Merry Go Round and Nightmare.

on an even more serious note.  do they really need a guitarist?.... i can barely hear any at all anyway. only in Nightmare and Spook House in which they are incredibly easy licks....

Tsunetako

Oh, yeah..

I also love how they actually have a concept and a sort of "world" to their music, sort of like Lareine or Malice Mizer. Not too many bands nowadays in VK really do that, which is kinda disappointing.

klavierbarrette

omg he IS malice mizer's love child

XD that's awesome

PsychoticVampireChild

I like TCST a lot. I think that they make really good music, And they are all so adorable~<3 Peggy is so cute xD

klavierbarrette

peggy's adorable in that ADHD and out of his mind way, yes.  XD

i can't wait for their release next month. :D  i wanna see how kiddie skeleton does with them.

Alphonse

Quote from: Tsunetako on July 27, 2007, 06:50:36 AM
Oh, yeah..

I also love how they actually have a concept and a sort of "world" to their music, sort of like Lareine or Malice Mizer. Not too many bands nowadays in VK really do that, which is kinda disappointing.

I totally agree with this, more VK acts need an underline concept in which to base themselves around. It's that whole little "Universe" that bands like MIZER and LAREINE created for their own that gave them such a more lustrious vision. That's partially why I'm excited about Versailles, and why I tolerated Phantasmagoria to such a degree (There was some semblance of a concept there, right?)
Also known as "Zagatosan" from the -scape- message board.

Future Audio Rips:
Deflina Ma'riage - LAST INFECTION
UNDERCODE PRODUCTIONS - Nihon Seiatsu 2005.11.30
Phantasmagoria - at the ends of the rest period...

Tsunetako

Quote from: Alphonse on September 07, 2007, 07:53:40 AM
Quote from: Tsunetako on July 27, 2007, 06:50:36 AM
Oh, yeah..

I totally agree with this, more VK acts need an underline concept in which to base themselves around. It's that whole little "Universe" that bands like MIZER and LAREINE created for their own that gave them such a more lustrious vision. That's partially why I'm excited about Versailles, and why I tolerated Phantasmagoria to such a degree (There was some semblance of a concept there, right?)

Phatasmagoria's concept is, quite obviously, "JESUS CHRIST YEOUW!".. Duh.

Culo

malice mizer's concept, if any, was way too wide... "what is human?"?
but anyway I understand what you're trying to say, they had their own thing going on... let's say style.
I think lareine's concept was a bit boring and limited them too much after so many years, no wonder Mayu got tired of kamijo and his cliche romantic stuff (thats my own belief :P).
my favorite conceptual band is Da'vid/shito:aL, I think it was oneof the few visual bands with a not-cliche concept and that really matched the music and lyrics, which were also super original and far from the cliche VK formula (i wish i got 1 dollar everytme i wrote cliche)

Anyway, i haven't heard much cst.. only "devilish kidnapper" which i already liked from Dororo.. maybe i should give them a try, dororo was good.
Fag who reads

Tsunetako

You say Lareine's concept was limiting, but then go on to praise Da'vid? Theirs is even far more so.

But that's probably why they didn't stick around too long.. :(

Culo

Well i guess it's a matter of taste and point of view. I'm not interested in romance, flowers or France... I know romance is a feeling and it can be very wide, and that there's a lot of flowers and that france has many ... people in love, I dunno.
I dunno if you've read Da'vid lyrics, but they're all totally different from each other (I dunno, in one of them they talk about a ballon which they ride to travel to another land, another is about a pharaoh enslaving people, another is about toys coming alive, etc,etc... yeah they have the childrens book feeling obviously, but it can be about anything really.
Da'vid broke up but some of the members continued a similar concept in pleur, so...
But I know not many people in the west find Da'vid interesting... in japan they're often refered to as "Densetsu no dabide shito aeru" tho  ;D

but that was enough offtopic, back to TCST, anyone here has heard Dororo's early stuff? i've read they were influenced by japanese horror, instead of westernized halloween stuff. I bet that'd be interesting to listen.
Fag who reads

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

Whatever you guys, Spook House is their best song.
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

zombie8mylunch

i like murder in the borduex (however it's spelled) it reminds me of a slasher film.
candy spooky is one of my favorite bands, the lead singer's voice reminds me of mako from deadman when he sings.