News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

TheCandySpookyTheater

Started by Alice the Sister, July 25, 2007, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice the Sister

I think it's high time for a serious discussion of this group. I hope to hear some well-formed opinions of both why the band is good and bad.

Here's my opinion. I like these guys. It's a pretty cool concept, but sometimes it's a little bland. I like a lot of the songs, the atmosphere is cool. Sometimes I feel a little underwhelmed by it, and wishing there was a little bit more substance there. However, I do realize they're on a budget. TheCandySpookyTheater makes for a good listen every now and then, but it's not really something I think I could listen to every single day. (well, not anymore...lol)

I would play them on my radio show a lot, but I wouldn't play the same song twice.

Anyone else like them? Hate them?
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

fangy89

Mmm I like em lots. Some of the songs are a bit too 'weird' for me though, so I can't listen to them constantly either. They do put on one hell of a show live...I wish I could've gone to the NY show when I had the chance T_T I hope they can get some more stuff out soon with this new replacement of theirs.

reddish

They are better live than on CD. That's my opinion.  :)

wonderword

I've actually never listened to them, but I've never been terribly interested by their concept. Is there more to their music than just their "teehee halloween" schtick, or is that as deep as it goes?

GEWALT

Horrible.

Using the same shitty halloween theme over and over. And just not my thing.

Do As Eternity 6

i don't like them. i tried because my friend liked them (well used to anyway i think) and she was on their street team and stuff when they came here ..but iono their music just doesn't do it for me >.< it's like Halloween music over and over and i know that's the whole concept but i'm just not down with listening to more than one track like that... I just can't =_= (i ended up not going to the live though so I'm not sure if they're better live or not)

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

klavierbarrette

I really like them.  Wish I had the money to go see them live but it was too far. :/

Is there any news on what they're going to do now that Zull left, however?

Do As Eternity 6

i know they got a replacement ...erm kiddie smth (although I'm seeing kiddie skeleton in my mind for some reason) i forget sry >.< but i dunno f they're going to release anything soon

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

fangy89

Tsunetako

I love them. Glad to see something unique and interesting in VK nowadays, rather than the "chuu chuu happy!" oshare or the even worse metal constipation shit like Gilgamesh.

baka_neko

I've tried to get into them a few times after hearing people talk about them.. but I dunno.. they were just too "chuu chuu halloween!" for me.

ipetcats

Hm, their PV was interesting... Certainly got my attention.

Their music is okay, if I was drugged I guess I would like it more... But, the only song I really liked was  Exosist.  But, it, too, sounded like a beast dying.

So, my final opinion is:  They're okay, not good, not bad, okay.

Alice the Sister

Quote from: baka_neko on July 26, 2007, 12:58:08 AM
I've tried to get into them a few times after hearing people talk about them.. but I dunno.. they were just too "chuu chuu halloween!" for me.

I know what you're saying. It's fun sometimes but then sometimes it's like "enough already!!"

and then you smash your head into the desk. :(
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

klavierbarrette

Quote from: fangy89 on July 25, 2007, 10:39:45 PM
Yeah it's Kiddy Skeleton

hah i can't wait to see him, if there aren't already pictures.  i should look them up again but i got all pissed when zull left XD

reddish

I remember everyone being pretty scared of them, that was funny.
Jack doesn't look like he would bite... hard.

:-X