News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

MUCC

Started by signal to noise, July 22, 2007, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nekki_chibi

Quote from: signal to noise on January 23, 2008, 09:24:12 AM
As for most bands only tour once a year or every two years... uhh...no?? Bands tour all year every year...
if you haven't mentioned it, japanese bands are making tours as a supplement for releases
diru usually play one tour in half-dozen cities before any single/album release, and one - after

Karasu

Quote from: signal to noise on January 23, 2008, 07:59:11 AM
Exactly how i explained it. Not just having "jrock" fans but get recognition from people who dont even know of japanese music.

I dont think Dir en grey's goal was to ever cater to jrock only fans, infact if anything they've been trying for years now to distance themselves from the jrock/vk scene. As of now I believe they are catering to the metal movement and hard rock movement here. Performing with bands like Deftones, KoRn, Bury Your Dead and performing at the metal and hard rock festivals in europe. If what you say is true, then shouldnt they have been at the jrock revolution like...gee...MUCC did? Come on man lol. Can't you see the contradiction there?

Quote from: signal to noise on January 23, 2008, 06:35:22 AM
I looked again for literally like a half hour and didnt find it again, you'll just have to take my word for it. And it was from a real magazine, i didnt get it from some random person, and im not misquoting him, because i was shocked myself to see him admit that.

Well I can understand Kaoru saying that. They're not the "IT" band anymore there. I'm sure their musical change affected the Japanese fans as much as it affected us, but the great thing is, they don't give a shit lmao. They followed their own wills and dreams to do what they wanted, and id rather them be true to themselves than sellout and change their music to get a quick-buck, which I personally feel MUCC has been done since 2005.

Quote from: signal to noise on January 23, 2008, 06:35:22 AM
Obviously they are different bands, i wasnt trying to make a bitchfit over this, and im not trying to lump them together because they're both japanese. im just saying that im more satisfied with MUCC's plans for the US this year than what Dir en grey has been doing most recently. They havent been in the US in 6 months, it feels like what they did the past year was just a quick phase. If i get news that Dir en grey plans some more US interaction for this year, then i'll probably change my mind, but hearing news of all that MUCC is doing at the same time i heard news that Dir en grey is releasing yet another fanclub dvd for only their japanese fans, that kindof clashed eachother.

I dont see the big deal with this "OMG MUCC IS COMING TO USA". First off, Taste of Chaos caters to the metal/hardcore crowd. MUCC isn't any of that really. Gokusai had 3 songs that I would define as having a metal edge...but put that shit up against their newest material and it means nothing. They dont have any place on that tour whatsoever. Also you said something about them releasing that Best Of CD here. I dont see how that's gonna help either. It's all singles recently that have that pop rock/pop punk sound they've been having since 2005...don't see how that will help them, other than making american j-rock fans want to buy it, and possibly latching on to fans who listen to Yellowcard, Simple Plan etc etc.

Kaoru said in that blabbermouth interview recently that the band right now as we speak are in the studio working on new material, and they plan on touring again this year in Europe, America and their homeland. And while on some level I agree with your some of your frustration on the AKnot only DVD...it's just a DVD what will easily be burned by someone so we call can check out the American concerts in some way. I mean lets admit it...we all illegally checked their music out and still do with new singles that get leaked or new albums lol. We eventually buy it, yes...but we still download shit from them.

signal to noise

alright. i think we can settle it at that haha. good points have been made. i didnt mean to be so anti Dir en grey, they are definitely my favorite band. and even if i did come up with an argument as good as yours, i think i'd still lose no matter what, being the only MUCC fan here  :'( hahah
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Karasu

Well I hope you weren't thinking I was trying to win at an argument, I was merely stating the points which I know to be true, and showing the contradictions that MUCC has become. And I think all of us here are still MUCC fans, but most of us are very disappointed in what they have become.

nekki_chibi

Quote from: Karasu on January 24, 2008, 01:26:47 AM
And I think all of us here are still MUCC fans, but most of us are very disappointed in what they have become.
.... so
THEY SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK

signal to noise

Quote from: Karasu on January 24, 2008, 01:26:47 AM
Well I hope you weren't thinking I was trying to win at an argument, I was merely stating the points which I know to be true, and showing the contradictions that MUCC has become. And I think all of us here are still MUCC fans, but most of us are very disappointed in what they have become.

Well i mean, i dont think we were in a heated argument, just discussing clashing points, and i dunno, i think in the end you did state some better thought out things.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

signal to noise

anyone know if theres another site where i can listen to samples of the songs on the new MUCC cd, aside from their official page? those are all Real Player, and last time i checked, every smart person does not have Real Player.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

google real alternative codec

signal to noise

fuck. this album is gonna be tight. the second track sounds amazing. as with the song.. anjelier or however you'd romanjilate that. yet i cant tell the difference with the Flight and Libra "album versions." ah well it'll be good.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

signal to noise

REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

♪└|∵|┐♪└|∵|┘♪┌|∵|┘♪

Loved it. It feels like MUCC's trying to unify the music styles they've been doing into one unique piece.

ghostface

I'm very impressed with this album. It totally exceeded my expectations.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

This album sucks less then Gokusai and Houyoku ( I really liked 6 ). I actually have to admit that it's channeling european industrial styles and as much as I like track two (梟の揺り篭) its an alright album .

I have to admit it's not bad , then again I like more electronic things , which this album is for the most part. If they stay on this track , I can forgive them for Gokusai and Houyoku.

My only gripe is I can think of like 10 bands they sound like now off the bat , one of them being ooomph! a bit of She wants revenge , etc...

Track 6 and 7 are utter trash though , worst songs on the whole album...
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

She wants revenge is so new, you can't compare anybody to a band that new.

Bleah maybe i should listen to this, everyone seems to think it's pretty good. Taste of Chaos is in a week or so, i dont know if i wanna go. I used to like mucc alot but i kinda got out of the loop.  Weuhhhh bloog
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES on March 27, 2008, 10:55:16 AM
She wants revenge is so new, you can't compare anybody to a band that new.

Bleah maybe i should listen to this, everyone seems to think it's pretty good. Taste of Chaos is in a week or so, i dont know if i wanna go. I used to like mucc alot but i kinda got out of the loop.  Weuhhhh bloog

Not so much comparing , as it made me think of them when I was listening to the album.

It's not a bad album ,but it's not amazing , it's got alot of shakey tracks.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/