News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

MUCC

Started by signal to noise, July 22, 2007, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4skin,

lol, Axl wasnt late. he's actually usually always there, he just makes the fans wait longer. he's a really self centered person, but an amazing performer. Sebastian Bach (SkidRow) opened for the show here, and Axl could be seen behind the stage. Guns came on at 12am, ended at 2am.

im not fond of MUCC at all, but i felt bad that they were to be put in that situation. the bottom line is that there shouldnt have been an opening act at all, theres enough Guns material out to cover over 3 hours.

signal to noise

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 23, 2007, 11:13:35 PM
cllick here

wow thats kindof fucked up beyond reason. people like that should be choked.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

klavierbarrette

wtf how did i not know about that

agreed w/ 4skin, there didn't need to be an opening act....does anyone know how long it went on for?

Do As Eternity 6

unfortunately i don't  know how long it was >.< but too long clearly ...i can't believe they made them come out and do an encore after all that =/ poor things

anyway supposedly their new single is coming out in September ^^ I'm not sure if it's chain ring though (the song they did for that anime thingy: chain ring preview...i like it except for the yea yea part he sounds wierd singing that part yea >.< )because it said it was untitled but yea I'm anxious to hear any newness from them

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

signal to noise

yeah maybe Chain Ring will be the b-side off it, who knows. i cant imagine them making Chain Ring the a-side track of the single if its already been used for the anime ending theme for a good amount of time.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

klavierbarrette

lol whats up w/ tatsurou in that.  the anime cut of songs always sound weird tho i guess XD

i should watch that anime tho, i keep seeing it on bakaupdates and wanted to try it out but i hadn't heard anything on it.

signal to noise

Quote from: klavierbarrette on July 25, 2007, 12:42:06 AM
i should watch that anime tho, i keep seeing it on bakaupdates and wanted to try it out but i hadn't heard anything on it.

my friend said its really lame and it just rips off things from a bunch of other series and combines it together. one example is something really similar to the shinigami eyes from Death Note in it.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: signal to noise on July 25, 2007, 07:13:26 AM
Quote from: klavierbarrette on July 25, 2007, 12:42:06 AM

my friend said its really lame and it just rips off things from a bunch of other series and combines it together. one example is something really similar to the shinigami eyes from Death Note in it.

That's why anime is bad to watch. D: It's been a long time since I've seen one I've liked. -Tekkon Kinkreet of course.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Formless

I dunno why people are going "OMG POOR MUCC!". They're musicians, and as we all know people don't share the same likes. They should know via common sense that they'd be met with negative reactions onstage one day.

The fact Tatsurou got all shakey about it is ridiculous. Sure, the crowd was definitely disrespectful and at fault, but that doesn't change the fact that Tatsurou could've just said "Fuck you guys" and MUCC could've left the stage. They're not obligated to stay there and play for a bunch of assholes. Those people didn't deserve his apologies. Dir en grey were met with boo's and such at shows on the Family Values tour and other festivals and they didn't get all "boo hoo" about it (and I don't even like new Dir en grey). I understand that Tatsurou can be a sensitive person, but it's to be expected in music.

It's like that author who wrote that half-assed J-rock book that was supposedly "facts" when it was just uneducated opinion with little to no research done about the bands. When she was met with negative criticism she responded with things like "I don't see you writing a book" or really bad mouthed them.

Sure, it's a shame that they were treated so badly, but there's no reason for anyone to get all outraged (fans) and for MUCC to be so upset. In the end, they still have their fans and they'll still sell as well as they ever did.

klavierbarrette

^ they probably were obligated to stay, japanese contracts are a lot different than in the us and stuff

otherwise i think tatsurou would have been all fuck you and left, he's not the type of person really to play for people who hate him.

personally i would be upset if i was in a band and people disrespected me like that.

Formless

Quote from: klavierbarrette on July 25, 2007, 09:59:08 PM
^ they probably were obligated to stay, japanese contracts are a lot different than in the us and stuff

otherwise i think tatsurou would have been all fuck you and left, he's not the type of person really to play for people who hate him.

personally i would be upset if i was in a band and people disrespected me like that.

They didn't have a gun to their head. They could leave.

Karasu

I'm with Formless on everything he said. Yea, the band shouldn't have shit thrown at them and equipment fucked up, HOWEVER...I think a band who writes music that had [heh, past tense] such anger and despair in their music shouldnt be so...scared.

That's beside the point.

As for MUCC....they used to be a big big favorite of mine. Zekku was a godlike album for it's time, as was Kuchiki no Tou. Then...something happened, they lost that edge they always had. That originality. Pretty soon, all their songs started sounding the same in every way. Houyoku was alright, but very formulaic. With Houyoku's singles though...came this...pop sound they had. Pretty soon the singles all had an identical sound and structure. It got refined and manufactured fast. The singles for Gokusai are a joke. Utagoe and Horizont?? Here was a band that had songs like Ware, Arubeki Basho and Zetsubou as singles, which were dark and sinister...to a song that was something I would expect from Yellowcard or Taking Back Sunday.

What annoys me is, if you're going to metal festivals [Wacken, Loud Park], and when you tour overseas and play your old material for the most part...how come you're not staying with that vibe or theme then? My answer? I personally think they sold out. In a bad way. Everyone knows Japan is notorious for it's pop and upbeat songs. MUCC pretty much bent over and succumbed to Japan's taste rather than staying with what they made themselves. I don't mind a song like Gerbera, but when the singles prior to it [Saishuu Ressha, Monokuro no Keshiki] and the singles after [Horizont, Utagoe, Flight] sound similar in vocal notes...song structure and in guitar riffage...then you make me question if your talent is there anymore.

As far as i'm concerned, MUCC sucks for that.

P.S. Don't get all bent outta shape because of my opinion, please spare me the typical jrockfan's view on what they think on what I said about the band they know and love. I don't care to debate what I feel is right in my heart about a band I loved a lot. So there you go.

zombie8mylunch

mucc is an awesome band, i hope to hear more from them.

signal to noise

whats up with all the MUCC hate lately? i honestly think they are one of the most talented japanese bands out right now. people are saying their more recent stuff all sounds the same.. well.. how so?
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

Why don't you listen it and judge for yourself?
For me, their new stuff doesn't sound similarly - it all suck but in very different ways, they're doing all the hardest work to discriminate the face of jrock.
but their cover for lunasea v/a was good, you know Tatsuro, singing expressively is a rare thing these days.