News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

female bands

Started by Alice the Sister, July 15, 2007, 12:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do As Eternity 6

off topic: loves hana kimi too ~ one of my favs but i have been holding off on the ending for awhile been taking my time with that one *doesn't want it to end*

back on: omgz please don't get me started =_= *remembers the first time she saw her* nightmares, not that i had to see her to hate her though...she just had to sing...and it's a shame cuz i like the beats of some of her songs ...like  i will only listen to the instrumental of alterna and the only song i can stand with her singing on it is the WALL 5 remix of will ...which has her voice basically vocoded and not as noticeably sucky

QuoteHaha...sorry...evilaya12 is at ConnectiCon and so there's no one to distract me from my stupid. Oops...I forgot this was the serious discussion forum...my bad. Come, Robin! Let us frolic elsewhere! *pelvic thrusts away*

lolz it's okay your stupid is entertaining xD but it is indeed te serious music disscussion we can randomize threads elsewherez *joins in the thrusting away*

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Yumeko

I have to admit that I have a big preferance for male vocals versus female ones; no matter what language it is.  But that usually depends on the genre.  Pop; it doesn't really matter to me.  But something about rock music; I really like male singers.  I know it's stereotypical to think only males can pull off rock; and I don't really think that.  Maybe I just haven't heard enough female rock vocalists.  The ones out there that I know of; I don't really like. 
drawing by me...

snickety

I also definitely prefer male vocals for most types of music. For me, sometimes I can overlook a really generic or mediocre male vocalist if the music is awesome or catchy enough, but females have to have something special to get my money. For me, the generic female voices have to go only with disposable pop music for me to enjoy it every once in a while. (Like H!P... I like some of that stuff.  :-X)

But like the singer in Jinn is pretty good, I like her. I don't really like all of their songs, but I dig her voice. Um, Shiina Ringo of course, ACO somewhat, can't really think of any non-pop others. I like Koda Kumi's voice, her music lately has been pretty much crap, though. Emyli is good, too (except those hot pants in her latest video were not hot). So I guess most of the female voices I like are in pop. Except the other night I downloaded a video by Superfly & that woman has a really nice voice.

And to ramble a bit more, I like when the female is backing or not used very often, like in Base Ball Bear and Maximum the Hormone.

ipetcats

QuoteAnd to ramble a bit more, I like when the female is backing or not used very often, like in Base Ball Bear and Maximum the Hormone.
Me too!  She has a beautiful voice, I think.
Too bad she doesn't sing more often.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: ipetcats on July 15, 2007, 04:24:36 AM
Quoteoh i haven't heard peach o.O i haven't really been keeping up with her newness i'm pretty much stuck listening to LOVE COOK =/
I only know because of the Japanese Version of Hana Kimi being released, haha.
I'm a sucker for that Manga D:
ALTHOUGH THE ENDING SUCKED.

浜崎あゆみ looks like a baby Alien D:
Anyone else agree??
Sucked in cheeks, huge eyes?

Gah , that's one of the J-dramas I'm watching atm. I like the Taiwan version better , but Maki's acting is getting somewhat respectable as Mizuki ( Still thinks Oguri Shun is *not* Sano. ) =/

*Off-topic*
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

ipetcats

^I hate the Japanese version D:
I understand why they wanted to rearrange everything, but it's just so bad, you know?

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: ipetcats on July 15, 2007, 03:41:54 PM
I understand why they wanted to rearrange everything, but it's just so bad, you know?

Finally someone who doesn't like the JP version. Well at any rate , The TW second season starts airing later this year. =>

ipetcats

Quote from: 마왕 on July 15, 2007, 06:06:24 PM

Finally someone who doesn't like the JP version. Well at any rate , The TW second season starts airing later this year. =>

omg!  Really?
I heard that they were making a second season, but this makes me happyyyy.
Thanks!

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: ipetcats on July 15, 2007, 06:48:27 PM

omg!  Really?
Thanks!

* Title: 花樣少年少女 2 / Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu 2
    * Also known as: Hanazakarino Kimitachihe 2 / Hana Kimi 2
    * Genre: Romance, Comedy
    * Broadcast network: CTS / GTV
    * Broadcast period: End of 2007/Beginning Of 2008
    * Related show: Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu

:3

ipetcats

Quote from: 마왕 on July 15, 2007, 07:43:30 PM
Quote from: ipetcats on July 15, 2007, 06:48:27 PM

omg!  Really?
Thanks!

* Title: 花樣少年少女 2 / Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu 2
    * Also known as: Hanazakarino Kimitachihe 2 / Hana Kimi 2
    * Genre: Romance, Comedy
    * Broadcast network: CTS / GTV
    * Broadcast period: End of 2007/Beginning Of 2008
    * Related show: Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu

:3

Oh fuck yes >:D

Champ213

Quote from: PrismSub7 on July 15, 2007, 09:28:22 PM
OT:You know what would really be unique, a mixed gender VK band :P *can't name 1*

I can name dozens. Mostly female vocalists and the rest males, which isn't really that uncommon (check the list I posted above - I guess more than half of the bands belong to that category).
But Necrocircus for example had - I think - 3 girls and one guy, and kanuak had a female guitarist and the rest men. I'm sure there are others.

Tsunetako

Quote from: Champ213 on July 15, 2007, 09:34:57 PM
Quote from: PrismSub7 on July 15, 2007, 09:28:22 PM
OT:You know what would really be unique, a mixed gender VK band :P *can't name 1*

I can name dozens. Mostly female vocalists and the rest males, which isn't really that uncommon (check the list I posted above - I guess more than half of the bands belong to that category).
But Necrocircus for example had - I think - 3 girls and one guy, and kanuak had a female guitarist and the rest men. I'm sure there are others.

Yeah, but how many bands of those type that aren't complete failures?

Do As Eternity 6

*cough cough* would champ happen to have stuffs by this necrocircus *cough cough*

yea i guess i don't really have anything else to add... except i would like to see more mixed vk bands ...yup yup that would be cool... it's a shame they don't get as much exposure

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

非難GO-GO > バクチク

There are plenty of mix age , gender , country vk bands. o//o

Champ213

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 15, 2007, 11:13:52 PM
*cough cough* would champ happen to have stuffs by this necrocircus *cough cough*

Champ would. Their "Rotten to the Core" single is pretty worthwhile. I'll put it up someday.