News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

female bands

Started by Alice the Sister, July 15, 2007, 12:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice the Sister

Does anyone like bands with female singers? I know a lot of people don't like bands with female singers, but don't mind females in the band.

I don't want to limit it to Visual Kei, though. There are some good punk bands like Bleach and Midori. And some good experimental stuff like Afrirampo. I tend to like Yuki (ex-Judy and Mary) a bit too even though she's kinda pop music now instead of ...pop-rock.

There's also stuff like exist+trace, hybrid-zombies, kilhi+ice, kokyoku sumire, inugami circus-dan, and ALI project in the visual stuff that I enjoy.

Some people have problems with the voices, (Kana, Mary Rue, or Kokyoku sumire for example). And there's the stereotypical high-pitched Japanese voice people are scared of. Sometimes it's true, but sometimes the vocals can be pretty dynamic or interesting like with Inugami Circus-dan. A lot of the female bands seem to be more unique too...I dunno like I haven't heard any bands that are like Bleach with all males or like Afrirampo.

What's your opinion? You like/dislike girl groups?
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

Do As Eternity 6

actually since the beginning of my liking j-music I've always preferred female vocals to male ones...in fact at first i hated Japanese male vocals xD i admit there are alot of bad ones ie. kana and then of course the typical female jpop singing voice but there are also terrible male vocalist too ...i really don't see the big deal or why one would discriminate between male or female voices...i know before when i didn't like jp male voices it was because i was new and still hadn't heard one that i really liked but once i did i kinda felt stupid for feeling the way i did to begin with =/

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

fangy89

Ooo I love female singers! Taia and exist†trace are my favorites, but I also like Area51, Yousei Teikoku (one of those high-pitch voices, that I normally can't stand, but it goes nicely with the music), BAAL, Aya Kamiki, OLIVIA inspi REIRA, and a couple songs from Ali Project. Onmyouza is so-so but the guy singer bothers me after a while and I like some songs from [13], only whats-her-face's voice starts to get on my nerves after a while too.

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: fangy89 on July 15, 2007, 12:22:25 AM
Aya Kamiki

hehe you're one of the first people I've seen list her in their favorites I like her a lot too ^^

let's see my favorites are : Do As Infinity (duh), the brilliant green, midnightpumpkin, midori, babamania, bleach, dazzle vision, OLIVIA, ikimono gakari, kaela kimura, nirgilis, noodles, afriranpo, pistol valve, Shaka Labbits, fra-foa, spangle call lillie line, tornado tatsumaki, yui (some songs the second album pwns the first which i didn't like very much), ZWEI, daner gang, taia, head phones president, tokyo jihen, and of course more =]

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

fangy89

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 15, 2007, 12:35:20 AM
Aya Kamiki

hehe you're one of the first people I've seen list her in their favorites I like her a lot too ^^

let's see my favorites are : Do As Infinity (duh), the brilliant green, midnightpumpkin, midori, babamania, bleach, dazzle vision, OLIVIA, ikimono gakari, kaela kimura, nirgilis, noodles, afriranpo, pistol valve, Shaka Labbits, fra-foa, spangle call lillie line, tornado tatsumaki, yui (some songs the second album pwns the first which i didn't like very much), ZWEI, daner gang, taia, head phones president, tokyo jihen, and of course more =]

Haha! And you're the first person I've seen who likes OLIVIA XD

AHHH omg  I forgot about Zwei! And I was obsessed with them for the longest time! And Headphones President! Jeez...shame on me...-_-

Do As Eternity 6

have you heard the latest zwei single, me loves it *goes to listen to it* ^^ they are so awesome. and yes shame on you for forgetting the awesomeness that is anza xD

hehe well now alot of people are into olivia from her NANA stuffs but she's one of the first singers i heard way back when, i think back when i was more active on tokyo-nights ~ she has some really awesome songs *still listens to spiderSpins regularly*

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: fangy89 on July 15, 2007, 12:44:47 AM
Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 15, 2007, 12:35:20 AM
Aya Kamiki

Haha! And you're the first person I've seen who likes OLIVIA XD

AHHH omg  I forgot about Zwei! And I was obsessed with them for the longest time! And Headphones President! Jeez...shame on me...-_-

I love OLIVIA. Not as much as ACO or Tsuchiya Anna , but yes.

I don't care for female vocals in bands , unless it's pop/rock. Metal female vocals are not for me , they just don't convey anger that well.... ( minus Headphones president which is like a female version of Jonathan Davis ).
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Do As Eternity 6

oh ACO is good ^^ i think i still like OLIVIA better but ACO is very good..i could never get into Tsuchiya Anna though =/

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

fangy89

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 15, 2007, 12:49:03 AM
have you heard the latest zwei single, me loves it *goes to listen to it* ^^ they are so awesome. and yes shame on you for forgetting the awesomeness that is anza xD

O_O they have a new single?! What the fooooooosh? Why do I not have it?!

Do As Eternity 6

wait well it's been out for a little bit so you may actually have it ...the latest one is the 1+1=2 single...have it? if not i will upload for thee

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Alice the Sister

Derr... I totally forget about stuff like Olivia, Spangle Call Lillie Line, Dazzle Vision, Lucifer Luscious Violenoue, Zwei, Tsuchiya Anna, Taia, Head Phones President, Pistol Valva, noodles, and Shakalabbits. I'm lame.

Oh well.

At any rate, I'm really not a big fan of Onmyouza, I like some of their music, but it doesn't do anything special for me.

Olivia was one of the first J-rock groups I ever found. She holds a special place in my heart. My dad really likes Olivia too.

I like some nana kitade too.

Has anyone heard of UNDER17? I hear that they have a really really really annoying voice.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

fangy89

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 15, 2007, 01:06:37 AM
wait well it's been out for a little bit so you may actually have it ...the latest one is the 1+1=2 single...have it? if not i will upload for thee

Nuuuu...I do not gots it. So yush, please do upload! That would be super duper awesome of you!  ;D

Quote from: Alice the Sister on July 15, 2007, 01:16:49 AM
Has anyone heard of UNDER17? I hear that they have a really really really annoying voice.

Haha...wth? With a name like that, would it be correct to assume that it sounds like someone being raped? Perhaps with a screwdriver?

Do As Eternity 6

nope never heard of UNDER17 ....is her voice better or worst then the chick from every little thing *who i used to like in the beginning but then really started to hate xD * EDIT- just read fangy's comment, geez you love to pollute my mind don't you =]  and yea i shall uploads*

nana kitade = hate for me xD when i first heard the clip from the song on full metal alchemist i kinda liked it ...then i d/l'd the full song and her voice made me want to kill myself >.< since i've tried to listen to her album but i just can't hmmm...

Onmyouza is okay ...i admit i'm not head over heels for them anymorez but at one time i really really liked them

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Champ213

Hm, I like Youjeen's older solo stuff, Dazzle Vision and Anemone in particular.... Area51 is fine too. Similar to Taia.

But since that topic is here.... I recently made a list of female-fronted vk/angura/related bands in my Last.fm jornal recently, if somebody wants to check it out or add anything.

fangy89

Quote from: Champ213 on July 15, 2007, 02:08:27 AM
Hm, I like Youjeen's older solo stuff, Dazzle Vision and Anemone in particular.... Area51 is fine too. Similar to Taia.

But since that topic is here.... I recently made a list of female-fronted vk/angura/related bands in my Last.fm jornal recently, if somebody wants to check it out or add anything.

*gasp* You wouldn't happen to have that Renaissance single, would you? O_O