News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

X-Japan's comeback

Started by Modulate God, June 04, 2007, 10:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderword

Quote from: 4skin. on June 12, 2007, 12:32:22 AM
he really is a phenomenal drummer, especially when it comes to the double bass. btw, after hearing the official S.K.I.N. preview, i really think his drumming style has changed a bit, but i in no way think that it will taint his proficiency on the drums as the preview sounded awesome.

I haven't heard the SKIN preview yet, so I can't form an opinion on that. I assume that his drumming style's calmed down a little bit since his X days? For some reason I picture his new style as something resembling the way Shinya from Luna Sea used to play.

4skin.

you can check it out yourself, it's not much, but it's something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P9OeCkmCmE

wonderword

Quote from: 4skin. on June 12, 2007, 03:42:50 AM
you can check it out yourself, it's not much, but it's something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P9OeCkmCmE

Shit, that got me all excited. He doesn't sound nearly as tame as I expected he would! The fact that I'm a Sugizo fanboy helps too, as does the concept of seeing Miyavi just playing guitar again, which is what I think he does best.

4skin.

i think it'll be beyond awesome to see those two dueling back and forth with furious soloing. i hope they hire someone worthwhile to cover the bass vacancy. i just think this band could be alot cooler, it seems like it's missing something, IMO. preferably, a bass player.

wonderword

Quote from: 4skin. on June 12, 2007, 04:22:31 AM
i think it'll be beyond awesome to see those two dueling back and forth with furious soloing. i hope they hire someone worthwhile to cover the bass vacancy. i just think this band could be alot cooler, it seems like it's missing something, IMO. preferably, a bass player.

No shit! All I ever hear about in regards to SKIN is people talking about the ego clashes and how it seems like a way for Yoshiki to make a quick buck, but all I think about is how fucking EPIC it's going to be if it actually does well.

And I agree with you on the bass thing. Even if they don't get a famous player to fill the gap, I hope they at least get someone who's skilled enough to match the virtuosity of everyone else in the band.

Anonymous_Lulz

Quote from: 4skin. on June 10, 2007, 09:58:08 PM
theres no such thing as being "stupidly fast". yoshiki always played those generic "one-two kick beats" because they went with each song perfectly. alot of his fills were also nothing short of amazing.

and to answer the question on as to whether or not toshi is involved:

this entire thing was toshi's idea.
what i mean by stupidly is the fact that he had to repeatedly go to the doctor about the pain in his wrists and legs because of how fast and hard he hit the drums.  its one thing to be fast, but when you actually start to hurt yourself, there is definitely wrong.

and thanks for ensuring me of Toshi's participation.  i dont think this would have been very good if they just randomly put toshi up there to sing.

Yumeko

^ for an artist; no matter what your trade is; if you truly love it you can't stop yourself even if you know it's bad for you.
drawing by me...

4skin.

thats why he was occasionally seen wearing a neck brace. none the less, he's one of the best drummers in the world (IMO), and i've got tons of respect for him and his work. X coming back is really cool and all, but im not gonna lie, S.K.I.N. sounds alot more interesting.

residentevilrulz

Well... it's past June 29th and SKIN hasn't released anything have they? Also... why would Yoshiki want to do both that and X again? Whatever happened to Violet UK?! Was it ever even released? That man.. I swear... lol

wonderword

Quote from: residentevilrulz on June 20, 2007, 05:46:29 AM
Well... it's past June 29th and SKIN hasn't released anything have they? Also... why would Yoshiki want to do both that and X again? Whatever happened to Violet UK?! Was it ever even released? That man.. I swear... lol

... it's June 20th.

residentevilrulz

WOOPSIES!!!  ;D I don't know what the hell I was thinking.. honestly.. what do you think they are releasing?

ZeroDyne

Quote from: residentevilrulz on June 20, 2007, 10:02:50 AM
WOOPSIES!!!  ;D I don't know what the hell I was thinking.. honestly.. what do you think they are releasing?

free hot dickings to the first 50 fangirls that comes to AX

residentevilrulz

Formless

Quote from: ZeroDyne on June 21, 2007, 04:20:54 AM
Quote from: residentevilrulz on June 20, 2007, 10:02:50 AM

free hot dickings to the first 50 fangirls that comes to AX

Oh how the fangirls wish.