News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

direct downloads?

Started by Alice the Sister, July 10, 2006, 07:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice the Sister

Recently, there was a request for FLOPPY's discography. I would've fulfilled this request, would it not have been for the 'no external torrents' policy. I was wondering if it would be acceptable to post external torrents of qualified media in the direct downloads forum?

Honestly, I'd love to help fulfill these requests but over the summer I don't have the bandwidth or resources to upload the same thing to two different announces.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

DO

You can use the direct downloads forum and use a filesharing site to upload the files to.

Alice the Sister

But can I post a bit torrent link?

DO

No because it wouldnt be considered a direct download.

BillStBill

Is there nowhere you can post external torrents?
Maybe a section for external torrents wouldn't be bad
If not you are just going to have to PM him the link to the torrent you found, or upload it on another torrent site and PM him that link

impact

we want to be a tracker thats why we want all torrents to point at us rather than being an index site

Alice the Sister

I guess that'll have to do. I'm trying to cut down on the amount of trackers I use. I'm trying to make just 1 torrent, and upload it to different places so it helps minimize confusion on my part.

But I understand if you don't want external torrents. I don't allow external torrents on my site, so it's only fair. Though, a place to post them here would be nice. :P