News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Video Game Music

Started by joesushi, November 05, 2007, 05:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fangy89

Ah I totally forgot about Ico...the ending theme is incredible.

signal to noise

oh shit i totally forgot about Jet Set Radio. the first game had a fuckin amazing soundtrack. i LOVE THAT GAME!!!
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nijuu_rasen

Jet set radio yeeah!! I loved Guitar Vader cos of that soundtrack! ^_____________^ *warm nostalgic feeling*

klavierbarrette

second guilty gear

N.EX.T is amazing.

4skin,

theres Jet Grind Radio and Jet Set Radio Future. what game are you guys talking about?

nekki_chibi

Jet Set Radio is initial japanese version, which later was updated for US-UK release as Jet Grind Radio (several new levels, renamed characters and Rob Zombie added to ost)
and later, re-released in Japan as De-la Jet Set Radio

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I really like the osts for Halo. I don't care for the games , but the osts are very nice.
Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2 have really nice osts as well. So does Castlevania SOTN.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

nijuu_rasen

Quote from: nekki_chibi on November 28, 2007, 10:12:47 AM
Jet Set Radio is initial japanese version, which later was updated for US-UK release as Jet Grind Radio (several new levels, renamed characters and Rob Zombie added to ost)
and later, re-released in Japan as De-la Jet Set Radio

in the UK it was Jet Set Radio too ^-^, i think they only changed it for US

Alice the Sister

I enjoyed the xenogears soundtrack. Threads of Fate, Grandia II, Skies of Arcadia, and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne had pretty good soundtracks I might add.

Shadow of the colossus was decent as well.

Guilty Gear's soundtrack was nice, but it didn't really stick out too much. I dunno...Don't forget Katamary Damacy. XD
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

signal to noise

Quote from: Alice the Sister on November 29, 2007, 05:18:25 PM
I dunno...Don't forget Katamary Damacy. XD

ohmyGOD YES. i love that soundtrack. theres a song from the first game that me and my friends call like "the lone boy singing on the cliff in the moonlight" song.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

odoroboujohn

COSTN My top favorite
Illusions of Gaia <--- my favorite snes rpg (spent so much damn time on that it better be up here)
Tales of Phantasia <----- first time I heard an snes video game with vocals in the music section of options.
Terranigma<----- nothing special but i liked it a lot
Final Fantasy 6<---- Haha.... Kefka's theme
Vagrant Story
Livin' like a bug ain't easy

Ellen8Russell

We should say for me Neo-Geo and Street Fighter series had some of finest music..... Off course there are others. ...But it all depends on the mode and what is your perspective of music. ....

odoroboujohn

I'm still trying to learn ryu's theme on the guitar. I also like the music in Capcom vs SNK 2 remix, darkstalkers mfms, and Last blade 2.
Livin' like a bug ain't easy