News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

MUCC

Started by signal to noise, July 22, 2007, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signal to noise

ok seriously who loves this band? because i sure do. i think everything they've done in the past few years is freaking genius. their indie vk stuff is kindof ehh, like its still good, but its just not as defined as they are now. i think their past two singles Flight and Libra have both been extremely good, and i think its cool that they did a really dark song and then their next single was really poppy. i own Gokusai and i think its really good, and i wanna buy their live Budokan dvd soon, i watched some of it and it was so awesome. i think one of the coolest things about them is how Miya used to make just Korn ripoff guitar parts, but now he has such an awesome guitar style and can make songs of all different types. Yukke is also a very sick bassist and i dont think he gets enough cred for that. some his basslines have really wowed me, which is cool because a lot of jrock bassits i see suck. anyone else completely love this band??
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

lovetrick

Guns n roses fans don't like MUCC apparently.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I liked mucc alot , I just never listen to them anymore. o..o Don't know why.
I do like GekiGakuTai a bit more though.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

signal to noise

Quote from: lovetrick on July 22, 2007, 08:20:33 PM

yeah isnt MUCC opening for them on a Japan tour or something?? i didnt realize that they even had a fanbase in Japan. guns n roses fans are pricks anyway. maybe they are just mad because MUCC puts out new music every few months and GNR hasnt made a cd in like 15 years. hell, i doubt GNR themselves even like MUCC, they've been known to diss on their opening acts, like referring to the Eagles of Death Metal as "Pigeons of Shit Metal". yeah good one Axel, write some fucking music.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

klavierbarrette

mucc is really versatile, and i think that's why i love them so much.  i like their earlier stuff a lot more (pre-zekku except for kuchiki no tou), but their new stuff is refreshing too. 

they put on a great show too ^^
*is an odd one out*

mucc is my fave japanese band and i grew up w/ gnr and they hold a special place in my music interests still even though they haven't made a cd in over a decade...

i heard about this awhile ago (like months..) i think....or am i trippin?  i thought this gnr thing was over.  i sort of fell out of my stalker mode with mucc for some weird reason.

Do As Eternity 6

i loves them ^^ i would write more but i have to go ...but yes they are in my top 10 favorite bands <3

EDITS_

okay like i was saying ...i love mucc... i love both old and new styles though i think i listen to pre kuchiki no tou a lot less then that album and on but they have a really nice and versatile discog. and tatsurou is defiantly one of my favorite vocalist and yukke is my favorite bassist <3 (i almost forgot to give him some love xD)

and no the Gnr thing was recent >.< i'm not a fan of gnr i never grew up with them or anything so i have nothing against them...they really have nothing to do with this at all anyway soooo basically i think it comes down to their being a certain amount of respect that an opening band deserves ...i mean when me and my friends saw d'espairays last year and that crappy band (opiate for the masses was it?) played we didn't boo them or throw stuff at them (though i would've liked to)...you don't have to like the band but at least a bit of respect... it takes guts going up there like that when you know your not the band people came to see >.< i hate it when fans act like that on both sides of the fence it's just stupid and uncalled for... i feel bad for mucc >.<

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

4skin,

Quote from: signal to noise on July 22, 2007, 09:21:19 PM

yeah isnt MUCC opening for them on a Japan tour or something?? i didnt realize that they even had a fanbase in Japan. guns n roses fans are pricks anyway. maybe they are just mad because MUCC puts out new music every few months and GNR hasnt made a cd in like 15 years. hell, i doubt GNR themselves even like MUCC, they've been known to diss on their opening acts, like referring to the Eagles of Death Metal as "Pigeons of Shit Metal". yeah good one Axel, write some fucking music.

Axl's wrote an entire new album, he just doesnt know when to release it. and half the reason as to why they havent put a new album out is because 90% of the band left. sometimes writing music is harder to do when it's just one person doing it all. i do feel as if he should just call the next album an "Axl Rose" album though, because it's not really Guns N' Roses anymore.

signal to noise

Quote from: 4skin, on July 23, 2007, 06:37:17 AM

Axl's wrote an entire new album, he just doesnt know when to release it. and half the reason as to why they havent put a new album out is because 90% of the band left. sometimes writing music is harder to do when it's just one person doing it all. i do feel as if he should just call the next album an "Axl Rose" album though, because it's not really Guns N' Roses anymore.

some material leaked online, and i hadnt heard it, but friends of mine said its probably the worst music yet of the new millenium.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

ipetcats

GNR was awesome, back in the day and that's where they should be; not in the present.
The whole reason they broke it off was because all the band members had a stick up their ass, which sucks.

But, what the fans did to ムック was unforgivable... really... Anyone else agree?  They had no right, honestly.  Sorry, that incident just really makes me angry, so I'm cutting this short.

wtfuxeric

I fucking love MUCC and I agree GnR should stay in the past.
:O

4skin,

Quote from: signal to noise on July 23, 2007, 09:08:26 AM
Quote from: 4skin, on July 23, 2007, 06:37:17 AM

some material leaked online, and i hadnt heard it, but friends of mine said its probably the worst music yet of the new millenium.

it's actually quite good, IMO. especially live.

also, i feel like alot of this GNR bashing has resulted from anger due to what some fans did to MUCC. i can understand why some of them did it. GNR havent toured in years, so alot of people were probably excited to see them, not an opening act. however, im not saying that what the fans did is excusable. personally, if i didn't like the opening act, i wouldve gone and bought a shirt or something.

signal to noise

so what happened anyway? they boo em, throw stuff, that whole thing?
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Were they japanaese GnR fans?
Lol , I don't even see why MUCC is opening for them to begin with. Two completely diffrent styles imo , and era's to boot.

At any rate , I've seen that alot at concerts , most people only go to see the main act , not the opening one. ( I normally hate the opening acts , but don't boo them off the stage , unless it's linkiln park or puddle of mudd , then that's a diffrent story ).
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Do As Eternity 6

yea Japanese fans...

and yea it's weird for them to be opening for Gnr in the first place considering the styles are completely different but it could've been just a great opportunity for them or w.e ya know ..it's a shame it turned out so crappy...theres no reason for people to act so shitty =/

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか