News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Anti-leechers

Started by Quorthon, May 03, 2007, 03:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane

Seeding or not seeding? Well, anytime I download a torrent from here (and any other tracker), I seed it until i reach at least 1.2 (if my computer doesn't crash before it... >:()
But my question is: is important to share torrent even if noone asked for it or is it futile? I don't live in japan and I don't have any chance to know new bands or get new japanese music (my sources are tonberry and jpopsuki). Does it make sense creating a torrent for older things? I think that anyone of you has what I have. Would these torrents be useful or not? I'd like to help this site.

(and one day or another I should learn how to create and post a torrent  ;D)

TolQ

Quote from: Stephane on May 14, 2007, 11:54:50 AMDoes it make sense creating a torrent for older things? I think that anyone of you has what I have. Would these torrents be useful or not?

Yes, it's important to share and seed older things. Why ? It's simple - when somebody becomes japanese music fan, he do not have all these older stuff. 2 years ago, when I started listening to japanese music, I was greenhorn, and I've found a lot of great music on Tonberry Torrents. Some older stuff too.

klavierbarrette

i agree a low ratio would be good cuz i mean unless you have suck internet or there's a lot of seeders (meaning you don't always upload a lot of kb) you would get that pretty much by dling something.

but deff need something where it shows if there's seeders or leechers.  please.  i hate dling a torrent and see there's nobody seeding it.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I too prefer a ratio controlled site. People are more grateful for what they get. Oink.uk and UKNOVA.com know how to run a torrent server. Keep a good ratio , only upload quality rips , making posts that inclue information , links , band info , cd info and where to buy it.

I mean really , the torrents on here are labeled so stupidly , not to mention having a crappy amount of seeders to leechers. Make people work for it , they will be more grateful and more willing to give back to the community.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

ZeroDyne

Enforce a low ratio, like 0.2. That way the really slow uploaders can still get something from the community and not essentially be "leechers'

ushi

PLEASE fix a ratio system...im tired of having 10 torrents that wont dl anything just because noone is seeding  >:(

Hizumi-chama are awesome

klavierbarrette

Quote from: PrismSub7 on May 15, 2007, 06:29:46 PM
Quote from: klavierbarrette on May 15, 2007, 04:37:10 AM
but deff need something where it shows if there's seeders or leechers.

you do know that you can click on "torrents" at the top of the page? ;)
whoah thank you, i thought that just linked to teh torrent section so i never bothered to look at it XD

xbiinex

Quoteim tired of having 10 torrents that wont dl anything just because noone is seeding

In order to avoid this as far as possible I always check if there are seeders before I start downloading a torrent - especially if it's not a very new one. If it doesn't show any seeders from the beginning I wouldn't bother to try and download.

ushi

Quote from: xbiinex on May 25, 2007, 08:07:38 PM
Quoteim tired of having 10 torrents that wont dl anything just because noone is seeding

In order to avoid this as far as possible I always check if there are seeders before I start downloading a torrent - especially if it's not a very new one. If it doesn't show any seeders from the beginning I wouldn't bother to try and download.

the thing is that 9 out of this ten torrents was added within 2 months so theyre indeed new...
or what do oyu call new?
and is it supposed to die that fast?

and what about new users that wants to find some of the older stuff?

Hizumi-chama are awesome

hirose

the thing is that 9 out of this ten torrents was added within 2 months so theyre indeed new...
or what do oyu call new?
and is it supposed to die that fast?

and what about new users that wants to find some of the older stuff?
well then I guess I would go to the reseed section, but still I think a lot of people just download and close the torrent once theyre finished, so a rate system wouldnt be that bad.

ushi

yeah...a ratio system/everyone must have a account to dl torrents. would indeed stop the leechers.

Hizumi-chama are awesome

Quorthon

So, boss, what are we going to do?

ushi

because its so freaking annoying with all these leechers who doesent seed.

thanks to them i still havent been able to dl the whol mosome discog XD...

Hizumi-chama are awesome

DIOMEHIRO

well... I've been trying to download gackt's jyougen no tsuki dvd for 6 months so far... For like 4 months I'm stuck in 88,1% and I have uploaded like 2x what I've downloaded :/ This is sad :~ If there were a ratio system this would be diferent!

Ratio FTW!

heshallburn

I agree. I have always a ratio better than 5, and it's annoying to wait 5 weeks just to download an album -.-