News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyο

Quote from: 마왕 on September 01, 2007, 01:16:06 AM
I <3 DeG convos. =3

You'll have those that defend them no matter what , and those that don't care for them , or the other 90% of the board who have other stuff to listen to.

And you forgot to divide the 'those who don't care for them' into two more subcategories: those that casually say so and then leave it alone, and those that insult the band to start flamewars, because we all know that getting the Dir en grey fans pissed off makes a person's e-penis grow an extra foot with each angry post! 8D
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: ObscureWarumono on September 01, 2007, 01:32:43 AM
I <3 DeG convos. =3

You'll have those that defend them no matter what , and those that don't care for them , or the other 90% of the board who have other stuff to listen to.
And you forgot to divide the 'those who don't care for them' into two more subcategories: those that casually say so and then leave it alone, and those that insult the band to start flamewars, because we all know that getting the Dir en grey fans pissed off makes a person's e-penis grow an extra foot with each angry post! 8D

lol so true =/

this is why i was hoping there wouldn't be a DEG thread here to begin with this always happens...if we needed a flame-war thread to do battle with each other we already have one in the flame-pit section =P

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Karasu

I <3 DeG convos. =3

Oh I wonder where I fit in  ::)

reddish

Just a question.
How long have you all been listening to Dir en grey?

ghostface

A year. I started with Kisou and went through their discography up to MoaB, then listened to Gazue, Missa and Macabre.

Does that prove anything in your book? Cos I don't think it matters how long you've been listening to a band. It rather depends on the listener. Some people like their music to be versatile and are okay with any changes the band's music may undergo, others get attached to a specific sound and tend to measure everything else against it. And don't forget that people's tastes evolve too, so even if you've been listening to a band from the very beginning your opinion as to what's good and bad about their music tends to change too. The band makes more music, and you listen to other bands, you get fascinated by new things or rediscover music you liked in the past and so on.

So I think your question is irrelevant for this discussion, unless you were just curious.

akri

Quote from: neovampire on September 01, 2007, 01:49:56 PM
Just a question.

it's will be over 2 years!!

Do As Eternity 6

by now it's been 3 years but i don't think it matters much ...One of my friends has only been listening to them for 2 and she likes their older stuff more =P like i said before it just depends on the listener. unless you were just curious (because i don't know how many times that question is followed by some remark that ends up making me want to e-slap the person.)

besides when i first started listening to them i liked everything equally..over time i just began to like the newer stuff more.  Even more so i like the fact that they have different types of music in their discography instead of being a one trick pony and having 7 Gauzes under their belt. I've heard the argument before that newer fans just don't get it because they haven't been with Deg from the begging or the older years... and whatever other excuses older fans like to give...however like karasu said up there holds true for me too ...back in the day I loved linkin park (yes don't throw rocks at me) blah blah blah they go away for a while they release minutes to midnight ... it's different and i don't like it (at all i hate it actually)...So what do i do? i delete off my computer and don't listen to it. If there's a conversation about LP then i say "you know i used to like them but their recent stuff isn't doing it 'for me " and leave it at that. I don't go into every LP thread i can find and go "You know what dammit i wish they'd disband" or "Oh my fucking gawd theyh suck so much i wish they'd just die" or whatever just to start a flame war... there's no point... it's a waste of your time and a waste of mine to start a flame war ...especially in what is supposed to be a flameless forum where we discuss the artists not fight each other like babies over them ...that's what the flame pit is for... but for some reason when it comes to dir en grey people just can't let go and people just can't be civil what is so fascinating about them that makes me people go crazy? i don't get it but whatever =/

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Karasu

DaI 6 has gotten the idea ;D!

Seriously, I just wish we could discuss this band normally without the fighting, without the fangirling. They're a band now, a simple band.

Anyway to the question above, ive been listening to them for about....6 years I would say. I got into them around the time Filth, Jessica and Embryo came out as singles. I didn't know those songs at the time, but my friend is school sent me two songs from Dir en grey, Tsumi to Batsu and Raison Detre. I was all "wtf is this, its so not like what ive ever heard" But that was it, I was hooked. Personally, I thought i was introduced to them the right way, aka not hearing that damn song 'Cage' first lmao. :P

xbiinex

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on September 01, 2007, 03:27:47 PM
by now it's been 3 years but i don't think it matters much ...One of my friends has only been listening to them for 2 and she likes their older stuff more =P like i said before it just depends on the listener. unless you were just curious (because i don't know how many times that question is followed by some remark that ends up making me want to e-slap the person.)

besides when i first started listening to them i liked everything equally..over time i just began to like the newer stuff more.  Even more so i like the fact that they have different types of music in their discography instead of being a one trick pony and having 7 Gauzes under their belt. I've heard the argument before that newer fans just don't get it because they haven't been with Deg from the begging or the older years... and whatever other excuses older fans like to give...however like karasu said up there holds true for me too ...back in the day I loved linkin park (yes don't throw rocks at me) blah blah blah they go away for a while they release minutes to midnight ... it's different and i don't like it (at all i hate it actually)...So what do i do? i delete off my computer and don't listen to it. If there's a conversation about LP then i say "you know i used to like them but their recent stuff isn't doing it 'for me " and leave it at that. I don't go into every LP thread i can find and go "You know what dammit i wish they'd disband" or "Oh my fucking gawd theyh suck so much i wish they'd just die" or whatever just to start a flame war... there's no point... it's a waste of your time and a waste of mine to start a flame war ...especially in what is supposed to be a flameless forum where we discuss the artists not fight each other like babies over them ...that's what the flame pit is for... but for some reason when it comes to dir en grey people just can't let go and people just can't be civil what is so fascinating about them that makes me people go crazy? i don't get it but whatever =/

Fully agree.
Nobody's being forced to listen to them. If you like them it's okay. If you don't like them it's also okay. If you used to like them but you don't like their new stuff just forget about them and find yourself something you like better. And accept the fact that there are fans who like their new style. To me it's as simple as that. It's absolutely irrelevant for how long you've been listening to them. I totally understand that their fanbase keeps changing - the same way that their musical styles have been changing. I think any band that doesn't stick to one type of sound or style will experience such fluctuation. But I doubt there are many bands whose fans are that bitchy.

As for the new single I just read in another forum that some people heard them play a new song during the rehearsals for their recent shows in Germany. They said it was a rather slow song and they liked it. Well, I wasn't there myself - just read it. And, of course, there's no guarantee it was this particular song.

And I would never judge a deg song by its title without hearing it. They have too many songs with strange titles. So it doesn't surprise me at all.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Thier slow songs are better , I prefer Kyo singing to his slobber/rasp bussiness. Embryo is till one of thier stronger songs. I personally can't get tired of Kisou , Gauze and Macabre. Everything else is wtf to me.

Mind you , I haven't actively listened to DeG for more than 3 songs in a row in over 3 years.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

signal to noise

Quote from: neovampire on September 01, 2007, 01:49:56 PM
Just a question.

about a year and a half. a few months before Withering to Death came out in the US.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

lol so today i was talking to one of my more gangsta friends back home and i was telling them how excited i was about upcoming singles, and he's all like " oh here she goes with her Japanese crap again" when i mentioned the title of diru's single was dozing green...he stopped and asked "what do they know about that" ...I said "about what?" ...and he tells me that dozing green apparently means to smoke weed...
Quoteso now i think the consensus is music to get stoned too...especially with a name like dozing green
i was just being stupid but now I'm scared xD

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

fangy89

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on September 03, 2007, 01:32:50 AM
lol so today i was talking to one of my more gangsta friends back home and i was telling them how excited i was about upcoming singles, and he's all like " oh here she goes with her Japanese crap again" when i mentioned the title of diru's single was dozing green...he stopped and asked "what do they know about that" ...I said "about what?" ...and he tells me that dozing green apparently means to smoke weed...

Actually that's not surprising. At all. In fact, it explains quite a few things. Or maybe that's just me again.  ::)

Kyο

but for some reason when it comes to dir en grey people just can't let go and people just can't be civil what is so fascinating about them that makes me people go crazy? i don't get it but whatever =/

My guess is the reactions..many people have (and still do) overreact to things that are said about them, so it's guaranteed that insulting the band has a pretty good chance of pissing people off, as opposed to insulting I dunno, ∀NTI FEMINISM or something.  Just look at the epic lulz that the Diru myspace hacker helped create! XD

Anyways, I've been listening to them since summer 2005. I heard Garden and thought it was amazing, like nothing I had heard before (I had been a pop-rock and j-pop listener). After Garden I had heard some of Macabre which I liked, and then Withering to Death which HATED at first. However once I learned more about the band, read translations, heard opinions and found different reviews and etc, it grew on me after listening to it more and more. Now I'd have to say Macabre is a favorite album of mine, along with Kisou and Missa. Oh, and the Marrow unplugged versions too. *O* Their new stuff is still good, I just personally prefer Kyo's singing to raw screams. But to each their own..I think it's pretty cool how they never keep the same style for too long. It not ony allows for more musical freedom (Dir en grey = change is expected!!!!) but also for more people to be fans..if you don't like the new album with the 'metal' sound, there's always another or the ones that came before it.

On the title: I realized, since when have their titles been an obvious clue to what the song is about? I can't think of any off the top of my head..but I doubt there are many. o_o It could be some strange double meaning that relates to something entirely different, but you're able to possibly link it to something the song is about with little chance you may be right doing so! XD If that makes sense.. O_O;
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: ObscureWarumono on September 03, 2007, 03:43:03 AM
but for some reason when it comes to dir en grey people just can't let go and people just can't be civil what is so fascinating about them that makes me people go crazy? i don't get it but whatever =/

My guess is the reactions..many people have (and still do) overreact to things that are said about them, so it's guaranteed that insulting the band has a pretty good chance of pissing people off, as opposed to insulting I dunno, ∀NTI FEMINISM or something.  Just look at the epic lulz that the Diru myspace hacker helped create! XD

Anyways, I've been listening to them since summer 2005. I heard Garden and thought it was amazing, like nothing I had heard before (I had been a pop-rock and j-pop listener). After Garden I had heard some of Macabre which I liked, and then Withering to Death which HATED at first. However once I learned more about the band, read translations, heard opinions and found different reviews and etc, it grew on me after listening to it more and more. Now I'd have to say Macabre is a favorite album of mine, along with Kisou and Missa. Oh, and the Marrow unplugged versions too. *O* Their new stuff is still good, I just personally prefer Kyo's singing to raw screams. But to each their own..I think it's pretty cool how they never keep the same style for too long. It not ony allows for more musical freedom (Dir en grey = change is expected!!!!) but also for more people to be fans..if you don't like the new album with the 'metal' sound, there's always another or the ones that came before it.

On the title: I realized, since when have their titles been an obvious clue to what the song is about? I can't think of any off the top of my head..but I doubt there are many. o_o It could be some strange double meaning that relates to something entirely different, but you're able to possibly link it to something the song is about with little chance you may be right doing so! XD If that makes sense.. O_O;

lol that made sense until about the last line i think i get it what you're saying though

oh yes! the hacker thing was hilarious ...i got in on it after it blew over and all but reading all the comments provided soo many lulz =/ i just think both sides can be childish when it comes to them ...it's sad...but maybe one day there will be a miracle and peace can be made between deg fans... maybe

Quote from: fangy89 on September 03, 2007, 03:35:19 AM
Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on September 03, 2007, 01:32:50 AM

Actually that's not surprising. At all. In fact, it explains quite a few things. Or maybe that's just me again.  ::)

LMAO I <3 you fangy

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか