News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyο

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on September 03, 2007, 03:56:07 AM
maybe one day there will be a miracle and peace can be made between deg fans... maybe

Asking for peace between Dir fans is like asking for world peace..you can get all the people in the world to pray for it, but it's highly unlikely that it'll happen in our lifetimes. </pessimist>
Meh..we can still hope though..I guess. ^^;

PEACE, OR KYO WILL RAPE THE HATERS ON THEIR DAUGHTERS' GRAVES, LEIK HE DID TO THE HACKER!!!!1
(sorry, I couldn't help that one, lol)
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

Do As Eternity 6

xD rofl oh my

hehe i know I'm a dreamer xD such a shame though it will never happen =/

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

琴乃

Quote from: signal to noise on August 31, 2007, 12:16:11 AM
i really hope its like Ryoujoku no Ame type stuff. i really thought Clever Sleazoid and Ryoujoku no Ame had a good direction in where their music was going

I really would like something like those singles too =)

But I think there's still hope. As their official myspace says:

"DOZING GREEN will give fans a chance to hear a brand new track with a brand new sound for the band:

It took a long session of trial and error before DIR EN GREY came to the final version of DOZING GREEN. This track is definitely one that represents the new DIR EN GREY combined with elements that has never been in their music before."

So, what do you guys think?

signal to noise

i bet its gonna be very Deftones-sounding. its a sound they havent really done, plus theyve been doing songs with new sounds based off the bands theyve played with. after playing with Bury Your Dead at Family Values Tour they made 'Lie Buried With a Vengeance'.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

mjmclean

Hmm. I don't know. I love all the Deg albums [never got into Missa, though], but The Marrow of a Bone is not for me at all. Every loud song has the same feel and heaviness, and is just downright offensive vocally [coming from me, that's pretty bad!]. For the record, while sixUgly and Vulgar split the fanbase up, I enjoyed both of them just as much as their previous albums.

However, there are a few songs which really caught my attention, and I believe that they are the best that they've made since kisou. Conceived Sorrow is bliss, and Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tomadoi ni Hohoemi is probably among my top ten Deg songs ~ever~.

The Pledge is alright, a kind of average song as far as Dir en grey goes, and if I were to pick one of the loud songs, it would probably be Grief... this is stretching, though. The single version of Clever Sleazoid was much better than the album one. I really want to like this album, but I'm having trouble. :'(

The comment on their myspace gives me a lot of hope!

"DOZING GREEN will give fans a chance to hear a brand new track with a brand new sound for the band"

Please change your sound! ANYTHING but TMOAB!

That being said, I will definitely download first, and if I like it, I'll buy it for real.

signal to noise

knowing Dir en grey, they arent gonna repeat what they just did last. they're done with the Marrow stuff. their sound is just constantly changing, i think every new cd they make they dont just evolve for one albums worth time, its like they jumped 5 albums of redefining themselves. of course there are high high chances that the song will still be heavy, but not exactly like Marrow.

well they've played this song a few times live now, for a[knot] and for general shows too... has anyone read anything about a fans thoughts of it and how it sounds?
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Kyο

Quote from: signal to noise on September 21, 2007, 08:43:50 PM
well they've played this song a few times live now, for a[knot] and for general shows too... has anyone read anything about a fans thoughts of it and how it sounds?

I've heard from someone who was at one of the Europe shows that they heard Diru playing some completely new song as a practice before the show..that could have been it. They said it was heavy, yet slow and kind of mellow. I wish I could remember what live they said it was..I talk to too many people on soulseek. xD;;
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

signal to noise

if its heavy but slow and mellow, its most likely a Deftones-esque song.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

Such a lot of emotional comments here
Don't you understand that Dir en grey _want_ to sell out outside of Japan? That's why westernish heavy stuff is written  -the marrow of a bone is an album of three songs, Conceived sorrow, fatal believer and the pledge, other, minus singles, are simple fillers, that should please not related to jrock listeners.
Ignore them and wait for new single - Diru have lots of great older stuff to listen, and not to mention, they actually play macabre songs at japanese lives - that's also some kind of signal.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I will shit bricks if they play my 2 fav song live here in the states.

1. Mitsu To Tsuba
2. Mask

Bricks I tell you. Old school love I still have.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Do As Eternity 6

^ actually i would too those are my 2 favorite songs from gauze o.O

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

signal to noise

Quote from: nekki_chibi on September 23, 2007, 09:54:54 AM
Such a lot of emotional comments here
Don't you understand that Dir en grey _want_ to sell out outside of Japan? That's why westernish heavy stuff is written  -the marrow of a bone is an album of three songs, Conceived sorrow, fatal believer and the pledge, other, minus singles, are simple fillers, that should please not related to jrock listeners.
Ignore them and wait for new single - Diru have lots of great older stuff to listen, and not to mention, they actually play macabre songs at japanese lives - that's also some kind of signal.

they JUST started to play Macabre songs again. they JUST started to play old songs again live in general. next time they come to the states, they'll be playing them no doubt.

and how is 'Namamekashiki Ansoku Tamerai ni Hohoemi' just filler and shouldnt be jrock related if its a beautiful song with the lyrics composed completely in japanese?

its one thing if you dont like the bands music. its another thing when you're trying to attack them. i dont see how they even sold out. its not like they perform on tv all the time, or use their songs to advertise various products that have nothing to do with their music. if you argue that their change of sound is selling out... well, they change their sound EVERY album because they dont want to feed their fans the same album but in a series of volumes. oh no they wanted to get bigger outside of japan. boo-hoo. people have ambitions.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

非難GO-GO > バクチク

People who normally say a band "sells out" have no idea what they are talking about 90% of the time.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Karasu

Personally, I think MUCC is the definition of 'sell out' but that's just me :P

When Dir en grey come back to the states, id really love if they played their six Ugly material. For me, that was the best era. Original visuals but not gaudy and overdone, and kickass music with great production. Who didn't love Kaoru's Picnic Jacket? But id like them to play some Gauze and Macabre stuff too, but not the generic jrock/vk stuff, more like the songs that have a neutral original sound.

And fuck if they played Mitsu to Tsuba...that would be godlike. That was my first Dir en grey song, fuck Cage. lmao.

signal to noise

i think my old song requests for their future lives would have to be like... Tsumi to Batsu/Mitsu to Tsuba, Raison D'etre, Deity, Zakuro, 24ko Cylinder, and Karasu. and anything off of Six Ugly or Vulgar that theyve kept in their more recent rotation, like Marmalade Chainsaw, Red...[em], Drain Away, Hades, Ugly.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album