News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Dir en Grey live

Started by residentevilrulz, August 04, 2006, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaoru-d

Well I  started half way between the sound board and the stage off to the right hand side. but by the end of the night I was pretty much standing at the right front side of the sound board. pretty much I was always on the outer back wall of the pit, I kept moving back and it just kept following me once I got to the sound board that was It had to stand my ground for the encore cause I was not missing a moment of that. I told my girlfriend when we got inside "you know there is someone from tonberry somewhere out here in this mess."

×SpacePirate Doll×

I had a shitty time at the Nokia Theatre Dir en Grey show on the 10th.
=/

After that, I'm probably never going to another Dir en Grey concert ever...

'Sides their recent songs have been shit(in my oppinon), D'espairs Ray FAR surpassed them in live performances >>;

In the D'espairs Ray concert, I felt their music, and I enjoyed it... I had new-found respect for them after I saw them live.

I think Dir en Grey's at a point in their musical carrer where its like 'Fuck it, we can play shit right now and you'd still love us.' .. thats what I felt from their concert.

Anyways... within the concert, the opening acts were playing, and I don't know why by people felt the need to jump, shove and push.

I was thinking 'why the fuck are they jumping?! these bands are shit'...
My sister was protecting me from most of the abuse. But we fell down when someone from our left shoved us hard.

I fell on her, then all I saw was black.. all I heard was just shouting and people shoving more.

And then I felt people climbing over us to get closer to the stage. Had the nerve to step on us and everything.

I then heard my sister screaming, so I started to kick/push/shove anyone what was on top on me to get to her.

Someone had been standing on her foot, twisting it so badly they sprained it.

After that, my sister and I made our way to the back, where the seats were located.

Man, I should've gone there in the beginning, when my sister warned me the first time.

I felt so bad, getting my sister hurt like that. I mean, she didn't even want to COME.. she hates my music, but she did it cause she knew it would make me happy.

Anyways, back there, with TV moniters hoisted up above us I saw everything that was happening on the stage. From every angle.

It was so much better than down by the stage.

Pfft, so what... so people got to touch Die or Kaoru... I don't think it would've been worth it to stay in that mosh pit.
'sides those stupid fangirls couldn't even keep those water bottles they had to claw/bite/stratch to get, that part really made me laugh =D

And after hearing accounts on here, I'm glad I got out so early...

Like I said, I'm never going to another DeG concert again... DeG fans like that are such dickheads.

It was SO not worth the 40 bucks and 10 hours I stood on line for...

I wish D'espairs Ray would come back to NYC!
I loved them so much~

THOUGH!

There WERE some part in the concert I liked.

Kyo's little dance he would do when he wasn't singing/screaming/whining.
Where he would shift his hips slightly from side to side xD
That was too cute.

Also that part where he put his hands on his hips and pushed his already low-riding jeans farther down! ;3 My fangirlish-side had a fieldday with that.

And the part where Toshiya lifted the mikestand and threw it, but then got tangled in the mike wire xDD
I felt bad for the stage crew as that person kept running after Toshiya, trying to untangle him. And toshiya couldn't care less... he kept on playing xD

And the part where Toshiya and Die where playing back-to-back, that was hot~

But that bullshit rule with no pictures!

Man, I would've risked it, but I kept on seeing people getting pulled out for cameras and getting kicked out.. I didn't think it was worth it. =/

All-in-all... the music wasn't SO bad.. but my sister hated it >_<

After Kyo started stratching himself til he bled.. my sister said 'Thats fake blood, right?'... she was so disgusted when I told her it wasn't xD

But...
What the hell was with all those disturbing videos?! I already had seen -saku-, but I never wanted to see Obscure for the fact I heard it was incredibily nasty x_x
And the first video, with those child-raping maggots?...
Come on, that was just sick.

I loved the intro, with [KR]Cube ~KK Vomit Mix~, absolutely my favorite remixed song of Diru. It got me bouncing in my seat xD

These girls next to me literatly KNEW all the words to most of the songs played... it was kinda creepy, but in a cool total-fanatic sorta way.

Now all I have to look forward to is BLOOD and Candy Spooky Theater... not that impressive, but its something =_="

Yumeko

QuoteI told my girlfriend when we got inside "you know there is someone from tonberry somewhere out here in this mess."
haha yes there was.  But man I applaud you for sticking it out in the mosh pit; I just couldn't do it though.  It's not like I'm really short, I'm 5'6 so I guess that's like average maybe and my friends are quite a bit shorter then me.  But all the guys around me were 6ft at least and all pretty big too.  And this long curly hair dumbass guy in front of me kept purposely pushing back; I wanted to kick him between the legs so bad.  The only way I could've stayed where I was was if I was much taller and stronger.  Anywho, I feel a little silly today for how I probably looked all exhausted while people were pushing on me and then I fell and was on the verge of tears LOL; but it really was that bad.  To me at least as I'm not very experienced with concerts.  I've just never had the desire to go to many.  FVT was the first one I really wanted to go to and then this was the second but much different setting lol.  Oh well, I'd still go again; but this time I'd go on the balcony from the beginning and get a better closer spot.

QuoteAlso that part where he put his hands on his hips and pushed his already low-riding jeans farther down! ;3 My fangirlish-side had a fieldday with that.
LOL yes!  I felt like such a dork when he did that; but being with my two fangirl friends I couldn't help but over react a little with them.  It was pretty hot.  And I must admit; he looked a lot hotter at this concert then he did FVT.  My friends aren't really into Deg music, neither was my brother, but I made them all go.  Especially since my friends love jrock like me and this was a chance for all three of us to see a jrock concert together.  So I'm glad there was some fanservice for them; they're too used to Gackt LOL.  But in my group I was the only Deg fan there. 

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the concert tho.  I thought the show in Detroit was great.  His singing wasn't the best; but for the genre and for the length of the concert; I was okay with it.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

yumeko your description  of the detroit show pretty much summed up the NYC show as well...oh well people are dickheads >.< but still i enjoyed myself and me and my friends had alot of fun on the line since we were there since 7:30 tehe and i had a big group ...eh we should've all banded together in the pit but we got seperated, which  sucked but oh wells ...what i don't understand is why people started pushing in the pit during bleed the dream and fair to midland ...jeez ... i was gonna conserve energy for dir but no~!i think that was kind of the point though because by the end of the night alot of the people from the back got way up to the front by wearing out all the weaker people early and getting them outta there >.< those people were crazy though... i still remember one big guy in red pretty much flung me behind him xD just like pulled me a bit by my shirt and flung me back lol  i was like o.O WTF?!?!?! oh hells no ...hahah but i couldn't do anything ...dammit i need to get a really big boyfriend to take to these shows dammit >_>

but i thought deg was pretty awesome ...they seemed really into the performance for sure ^^ and i sure as hell felt it tehe ..even though people in the crowd sucked dir was on point and i thought they all really connected with us down there... iono about up there but they sure kept us energized in the pit especially tochi who keptcoming up to us and pumping us up ^^ but then again like i said i've only been to 3 concerts one being dir @ fvt, and they were much better here, the other being d'espairsray, which was great but i'm also not the biggest d'espa fan, ... i missed Mucc *cries*, but i'm going to see blood and candyspooky theater ... who i like but just not as much >.< (MUCC comeback~!)

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

BLame8008

Wow ×One-Eyed Whore× I'm sorry your sister got so hurt. I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to another DeG concert again, if ever. It's makes me kinda sad though.

I was also at the NYC Nokia Theatre show.. and I had the time of my life. I was actually on rail... and yes, I was pushed, shove, poked HARD in the back, blah blah blah... but in the end, I was okay cause I hung on the rail as if my life depended on it. (By the way, I'm really short ~~> barely pushing 5'1" so I had to be mean when I had to be...)  But NY's crowd was VERY scary. I mean, I went to Baltimore and Philly and BOTH weren't half as bad as NY.

Actually I think NY was by far the venue with the MOST fainters... average of about 40 people? Previously, Florida was the only other venue that had fainters.. and they only had 10.

Thinking about it, I was actually going to invite a family friend to come with me to the show. Now.. I'm glad that I convinced him not to go. I never thought it was going to be as bad as that.

But besides the crowd, I LOVED Dir en grey's performance. My buddies and I were DREADING the fact that Diru might not perform all out since the crazy fangirls-chasing-the-band-into-the-venue fiasco when Diru first arrived and all the fainters BEFORE Diru even appeared on stage.

But man, when Kyo came on stage, crouched over his crate and put his hands together, as if in prayer, to calm us down... everything just got better. I'm glad you enjoyed the hip dance and the stage antics. And I really hope you consider seeing them again. They really are an amazing band on stage... grr, crazed fangirls/boys.

Yumeko

doaseternity6

you new yorkers are lucky!  Nobody (jrockers) ever comes to michigan.  The only reason I think Deg came to Detroit was for the bragging rights.  But I don't care; at least I got to see them and twice.  They didn't have to come to dirty ol detroit; but they did and twice; so I think they're awesome for that.
drawing by me...

×SpacePirate Doll×

Quote from: Yumeko on February 14, 2007, 03:55:28 AM
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the concert tho.  I thought the show in Detroit was great.  His singing wasn't the best; but for the genre and for the length of the concert; I was okay with it.

Quote from: BLame8008 on February 14, 2007, 11:34:10 PM
Wow ×One-Eyed Whore× I'm sorry your sister got so hurt. I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to another DeG concert again, if ever. It's makes me kinda sad though.

I was also at the NYC Nokia Theatre show.. and I had the time of my life. I was actually on rail... and yes, I was pushed, shove, poked HARD in the back, blah blah blah... but in the end, I was okay cause I hung on the rail as if my life depended on it. (By the way, I'm really short ~~> barely pushing 5'1" so I had to be mean when I had to be...)  But NY's crowd was VERY scary. I mean, I went to Baltimore and Philly and BOTH weren't half as bad as NY.

Actually I think NY was by far the venue with the MOST fainters... average of about 40 people? Previously, Florida was the only other venue that had fainters.. and they only had 10.

Thinking about it, I was actually going to invite a family friend to come with me to the show. Now.. I'm glad that I convinced him not to go. I never thought it was going to be as bad as that.

But besides the crowd, I LOVED Dir en grey's performance. My buddies and I were DREADING the fact that Diru might not perform all out since the crazy fangirls-chasing-the-band-into-the-venue fiasco when Diru first arrived and all the fainters BEFORE Diru even appeared on stage.

But man, when Kyo came on stage, crouched over his crate and put his hands together, as if in prayer, to calm us down... everything just got better. I'm glad you enjoyed the hip dance and the stage antics. And I really hope you consider seeing them again. They really are an amazing band on stage... grr, crazed fangirls/boys.

Aw! Thanks for all your concern ^_^

I did really enjoy myself, after I got outta that hellpit, that is.

I have to admit, seeing Dir en Grey live was really something.
Its one thing to listen to their music and watch them live on the computer... Kyo has such an impressive presence on stage.

Even though I dislike their new songs, I have to give it to DeG to really play all out.

I'll probably go to another DeG concert if they play at somewhere like Nokia Theatre... just with out that stupid no-pictures policy, but with those comfy seats xD

I like 5'0"... so I'm pretty sure if I want my health in check, I better stay outta DeG mosh pits >_<

I'm just so pissed I could be down there enjoying the music with everyone.. that part kinda sucked.

I love being next to everyone, jumping like an idiot xD
But with that type of concert, I don't think its possible =/

My favorite part was Kyo chanting, it was oddly entracing @_@
xD His voice was so hypnotic! And you're right, the crowd sorta calmed down.

I didn't know there were so many fainters.. I thought those people were being taken out for cameras.. damn, that sucks.. I hope no one got SERIOUSLY hurt, fainting in general isn't a good thing.

I just wish people in those types of situations would have more human decency >_<
instead of stepping on people..

I'm going to the BLOOD and Candy Spooky Theatre as well... I dont like either, but a concert's a concert..
and last time in the BLOOD concert, it was awesome.
I got to SO feel up Fu~ki while he was singing  xD
It was pretty funny, because fangirls were pulling him into the crowd, but he kept on singing like all was normal.

Knitting Factory sucks, but at least I can take pictures =/

BLame8008

Quote from: ×One-Eyed Whore× on February 17, 2007, 02:23:34 AM
Aw! Thanks for all your concern ^_^

I did really enjoy myself, after I got outta that hellpit, that is.

I have to admit, seeing Dir en Grey live was really something.
Its one thing to listen to their music and watch them live on the computer... Kyo has such an impressive presence on stage.

Even though I dislike their new songs, I have to give it to DeG to really play all out.

I'll probably go to another DeG concert if they play at somewhere like Nokia Theatre... just with out that stupid no-pictures policy, but with those comfy seats xD

I like 5'0"... so I'm pretty sure if I want my health in check, I better stay outta DeG mosh pits >_<

I'm just so pissed I could be down there enjoying the music with everyone.. that part kinda sucked.

I love being next to everyone, jumping like an idiot xD
But with that type of concert, I don't think its possible =/

My favorite part was Kyo chanting, it was oddly entracing @_@
xD His voice was so hypnotic! And you're right, the crowd sorta calmed down.

I didn't know there were so many fainters.. I thought those people were being taken out for cameras.. damn, that sucks.. I hope no one got SERIOUSLY hurt, fainting in general isn't a good thing.

I just wish people in those types of situations would have more human decency >_<
instead of stepping on people..

I'm going to the BLOOD and Candy Spooky Theatre as well... I dont like either, but a concert's a concert..
and last time in the BLOOD concert, it was awesome.
I got to SO feel up Fu~ki while he was singing  xD
It was pretty funny, because fangirls were pulling him into the crowd, but he kept on singing like all was normal.

Knitting Factory sucks, but at least I can take pictures =/

Haha, well as me and my buddies liked to say, Dir en grey is absolutely GODLY on stage.

The good thing about Nokia was the fact that they actually had THE BEST security out of all the venues. A lot of American venues don't seem to understand that JUST because the band is Japanese.... they're still a Japanese ROCK band... So no matter how many times we warn them that they should up security and be prepared.... they shrug us off.. and then something like Nokia (God forbids) happens, and the shit hits the fan. You gotta admit, Nokia Theater's security was really good.

And I wasn't too peeved for not having a camera.. though I would have loved to take pictures. I know that Diru hates getting their pics taken.. except from professionals, so, oh well.

Funny thing is, there's always ambulances outside the venues when Dir en grey performs. And you know, it's kind of comforting that they're there. DeG craziness...

Do As Eternity 6

cool can't wait to see you there xone eyed whoreX my friend went to see BLOOD last time ...i was supposed to go but i had just gotten out of the hospital a few weeks before that and had to recover -sigh-

oh well i hope it will be fun ^^ i head that the knittining factory stage is really really close to the fans and like people were falling all up on the stage and you could like literally reach up and touch xD

but ne way i agree with you it's fun to jump around and headbang and feel the mnusic and all the fun stuff in the pit but it was really hard to down there ...I swear when kyo and tochi were screaming "Jump, Jump, jump" it was nearly impossible down there ... it was like jumping on each other ...

and yes there  had to be at least that many people taken out cuz they couldn't breath ... left and right ...i mean right after the first few bleed the dream songs people were already coming out -sigh-

yea NYorkers are scary but ...i should've known that going in xD i think the same thing was said about the first time deg came here in NY and LA that the Ny crowd was like 10x scarier and worst than LA lol

awww it;s okay yumeko *hugs* ... I'm soo gonna use my magical powers to kidnap you and bring you to new york xD ...on second thought...maybe I'll transport us both to LA...so we don't die in the pit xD

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

非難GO-GO > バクチク

omg , they sound awful live. That's all the justification I need to never see them live again. =/
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Yumeko

Quote from: doaseternity6 on February 20, 2007, 03:57:58 AMawww it;s okay yumeko *hugs* ... I'm soo gonna use my magical powers to kidnap you and bring you to new york xD ...on second thought...maybe I'll transport us both to LA...so we don't die in the pit xD
YAY for magical powers and kidnapping and concerts!  Sounds like a lot of fun!!! ^______^
drawing by me...

idolcrash

I love how you people act surprised when you get in a mosh pit, get knocked over, and proceed to get trampled at a fucking rock concert. What do you expect, rainbows, flowers, and people holding your hands? Jesus Christ.

Yumeko

Quote from: idolcrash on February 22, 2007, 11:04:05 PM
I love how you people act surprised when you get in a mosh pit, get knocked over, and proceed to get trampled at a fucking rock concert. What do you expect, rainbows, flowers, and people holding your hands? Jesus Christ.

That's a very ignorant and exaggerated statement.
drawing by me...

signal to noise

Quote from: idolcrash on February 22, 2007, 11:04:05 PM

mosh pits arent for trampling people. they are to push around and have fun and get pumped up. in the past 10 years people have must of thought it was cool to throw punches in a pit. its not. its a completely fucking different thing to do so. pits arent for violence, its not a fucking Black Flag concert.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Anonymous_Lulz

the pit at the Tempe AZ concert was fun.  even me and my friends who usually dont do pits got into it during Obscure.