News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Dir en Grey live

Started by residentevilrulz, August 04, 2006, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do As Eternity 6

It's not like i haven't been in a pit before but this was just fucking ridiculous ... why pay money to fight in the pit ...I payed my fucking money to have fun and enjoy the band and see the band perform to be down there and feel the music not to put up with some asshat fan who thinks a pit is just and excuse to punch someone... it's fucking retarded and immature and if your gonna do that go spend you money somewhere else or become a boxer or smth shit

@legato: i'm glad you had fun at tempe ..i have a friend who went to that concert he said it was freaking awesome 

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

idolcrash

QuoteThat's a very ignorant and exaggerated statement.

Look up ignorant and exaggerated in a dictionary before using them opposite their meanings.

Quotemosh pits arent for trampling people.

No, but OMGWTF it happens and is to be expected. Pits aren't well-regulated organized dances. Go to some shitty club if you want that.

Quotein the past 10 years people have must of thought it was cool to throw punches in a pit

I know, and I don't care, because I'm one of those people (I think the word is normal) who can ignore the faggots and still have a good time bashing in the pit.

Quotepits arent for violence, its not a fucking Black Flag concert.

They aren't for fucking.

QuoteIt's not like i haven't been in a pit before but this was just fucking ridiculous ... why pay money to fight in the pit ...I payed my fucking money to have fun and enjoy the band and see the band perform to be down there and feel the music not to put up with some asshat fan who thinks a pit is just and excuse to punch someone... it's fucking retarded and immature and if your gonna do that go spend you money somewhere else or become a boxer or smth shit

Or you can magically stay out of the pit. I went to concerts from when I was in the elementary school (seriously), and from my first concert I was able to stay away from a pit. It isn't really that fucking difficult, if you don't want to be in it, stay away from it or, better yet, don't go to a rock concert. Thankfully I doubt I'll see you at any of the concerts I attend (or play).

Karasu

lol, seriously. I agree with idolcrash...stay out of the pit. This band isn't a para-para band anymore, it's a fucking hard rock/metal band, and their music isn't happy..it's angry and powerful. Go to the side of the venue, or go on the balcony like I did. My venue [House of blues: Orlando] was great. I was on the balcony, but I was five feet from the band. I enjoyed the music, AND saw them perfectly. I don't know why you girls are so shocked that you would be getting hurt from these concerts, especially when the type of music that they play is MOSH-PIT type music.

Yumeko

Quote from: idolcrash on February 24, 2007, 03:48:11 AM
QuoteThat's a very ignorant and exaggerated statement.

Look up ignorant and exaggerated in a dictionary before using them opposite their meanings.

I know what they mean.  And I stand by what I said.  Your whole "rainbows and holding hands" comment was in fact ignorant and exaggerated.  I never said I expected that.  And up until Deg came out; there was no mosh pit.  Just because people 'expect' there to be a mosh-pit and accept that doesn't mean it's acceptable behavior.  I agree with 無限の花, I paid my money to have fun, to 'see' the band, and enjoy their performance.  If you want to fault me for that then fine.  I don't really care what you think.  And if you want to continue flaming people then maybe start a new thread in the flame pit because this forum isn't the place to be getting your kicks off of pissing people off and acting like a smartass.  Nobody wants to hear it.  I'm not saying you have to agree; your free to feel the way you do; but there are more polite ways of putting it instead of saying things in such a way to cause offense.  But I'm of the impression you just like start shit and then sit back and watch the show or throw little jabs to keep it going.  So I'm not going to fall into that trap and I hope everyone else will let it end here.  I'm sure the person that started this thread would appreciate it not turning into something it wasn't intended to be.
drawing by me...

Karasu

In what way did Idolcrash flame you? I think you're taking what he's saying as an insult, and maybe you shouldn't. He's speaking the truth with what he says.

and to the one-eyed-whore girl....yea sorry your sis got hurt, but...maybe you should just go to a concert by yourself next time, and then avoid the floor. Obviously, it seems you're not equipped to handle it.

signal to noise

i think the all in all point is...

dir en grey isnt moshing music. if you think they are, pay attention to the lyrics, because you're wrong.  ;D

can we start blocking people now?
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Karasu

Quote from: signal to noise on February 24, 2007, 06:25:48 AM

dir en grey isnt moshing music. if you think they are, pay attention to the lyrics, because you're wrong.  ;D

..............AHAHAHA.

signal to noise

Quote from: Karasu on February 24, 2007, 07:24:12 AM

..............AHAHAHA.

can we start blocking people now?
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I have to admit , for people to consider them metal. They have some weak ass pits. DeG isn't moshing music , I was ammused at FVT that people were standing there , and the actual pit didn't start til' Deftones and Korn. =/ You need power metal or really heavy metal to get a really good mosh pit , or good punk , etc... I've been to two too many DeG shows and thier fans are all "don't touch me , I have to be pretty for Shinya"... and if that's the case go to the stands because it ruins the excitement of the pit.

Me personally I love being in the pit for shows , esp for bands like Megaherz , Rammstien , Metallica , Bad Religion etc...
Alot of people can't handle the pit , good for them DeG is some mellow music.

Alot of my friends use the seating instead of being up front in the pit area where all the action is. Too each thier own I say. =0
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

maru

Quote from: Archaenon on February 24, 2007, 08:42:40 AM
I have to admit , for people to consider them metal. They have some weak ass pits. DeG isn't moshing music , I was ammused at FVT that people were standing there , and the actual pit didn't start til' Deftones and Korn. =/ You need power metal or really heavy metal to get a really good mosh pit , or good punk , etc... I've been to two too many DeG shows and thier fans are all "don't touch me , I have to be pretty for Shinya"... and if that's the case go to the stands because it ruins the excitement of the pit.

Me personally I love being in the pit for shows , esp for bands like Megaherz , Rammstien , Metallica , Bad Religion etc...

Alot of my friends use the seating instead of being up front in the pit area where all the action is. Too each thier own I say. =0

my mind too ... I like to be in front of the concert and "feel" the power the music gives to us, the mass in the (you called so) pit-area XD! I really dont understand that "Im-sitting-at-the-side-until-the-end" People! damn, why they just watch a DVD? cant get it in my head ... never O_o  ::)

PS: the DeG (wha 2 years ago ... no money ;_; but this year for sure, MoaB yeah, want it live >_<")  con I was was great and alot of the fans just wanted to have fun "WITH" band and music not just be pretty for!

idolcrash

QuoteYour whole "rainbows and holding hands" comment was in fact ignorant and exaggerated.  I never said I expected that.

At least quote that which you are referring, then. That was exaggerated, but it was not ignorant. I have a feeling I've been to (and played at) far more shows than you have and know how rock shows work.

QuoteQuote from: signal to noise on Today at 06:25:48 am

dir en grey isnt moshing music. if you think they are, pay attention to the lyrics, because you're wrong.  Grin

..............AHAHAHA.

Quoted for truth.

QuoteJust because people 'expect' there to be a mosh-pit and accept that doesn't mean it's acceptable behavior.

Then, again, stay home and watch a DVD or something. It's the same thing.

QuoteAnd if you want to continue flaming people then maybe start a new thread in the flame pit because this forum isn't the place to be getting your kicks off of pissing people off and acting like a smartass.  Nobody wants to hear it.  I'm not saying you have to agree; your free to feel the way you do; but there are more polite ways of putting it instead of saying things in such a way to cause offense.

I'm flaming now? Hahahaha if that pisses you off I recommend some professional help. Apparently people don't mind hearing it, especially when they are agreeing with me :)

QuoteAnd up until Deg came out; there was no mosh pit.

Shittier bands?

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: maru on February 24, 2007, 03:04:26 PM
Quote from: Archaenon on February 24, 2007, 08:42:40 AM

my mind too ... I like to be in front of the concert and "feel" the power the music gives to us, the mass in the (you called so) pit-area XD! I really dont understand that "Im-sitting-at-the-side-until-the-end" People! damn, why they just watch a DVD? cant get it in my head ... never O_o  ::)

that's why i refuse to get out of the pit =] i can't sit on the side or balcony i want to be up there and feel the music ...

of course in the pit there will be pushing and jumping and wild behavior but what was going on that night went far beyond what was expected...when your just trampling little girls for no fucking reason that's just stupid >_> like seriously and then when people were trying to get out ...people wouldn't let them out ?!?!? it's like wtf? they're all preaching if you can't handle the pit get out but then when people were trying to leave they wouldn't let them out and were still acting like asshats ... personally i can handle that shit that's why i didn't leave the pit ...i payed my money to be down there and enjoy the music right there in front of me not sit on the side ...like maru said i might as well buy the DVD if i wanted to do that ... but it doesn't make it right and i'm sorry but i still don't see the point and hopefully i don't see you at any of the rock concerts i attend either i'd rather be around sensible people

and lastly deg is definatly not music to be doing that kind of shit to.. yes when you hearit you can get energized jump around, rock out yadda yadda yadda...but it's definatly not music to be trampling, punching, beating up people too

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Karasu

Wow, did you people live under a rock when 'The Marrow of A Bone' came out or what? To say that album is not mosh music, I have to just....punch you in the ovaries. I don't mosh, but that fucking album was definitely mosh. And hrmmmmm...when they played Clever Sleazoid at my show...OH MY GOD! they had a mosh pit going on! :D! Guess what you say is null and void.

and if the 'crowds' bother you so much....next time stay home and watch the DVDs [like idolcrash said] or download the concerts off of this site. You guys can't handle it obviously.

maru

@無限の花 ... (what a name O_o cant read it nor tip XD)
its a really bad point that some who wanted out can't!! Even at "very" cheap punk cons all people in the heat front helped others up or let them (to approximate to the band n.n"), it never happened to me O_O" however, I hope my upcoming Deg con will not like youre expieriences!  :-\

@Karasu:
Well I was on the first Deg con, and that was the Withers and Vulgar time, so no really mosh-pit songs XD and when they played saku one of my friends just faided to black (the heat! 50°C in the columbia hall XD) and I had no time to care about the music ;_;"

And yeah I hope MoaB album will attract more excited-to-trample-to-the-musc people  ;) Now Im in Berlin so I've to care about the ticket price "ONLY" YES dude! >_<"

one question: is there the word "pogo" in english too?!? XD

idolcrash

Quotethey're all preaching if you can't handle the pit get out but then when people were trying to leave they wouldn't let them out and were still acting like asshats

Usually people assume you want to stay in, it is common for people in a pit to be pushed to the edge of a pit and for the people not in it to push them back in. Usually, though, if people are seen down on the floor and possibly being trampled, they are helped up so that they don't get trampled. Maybe it is because you went to a concert with shitty bands, but I've yet to have a bad experience in the pit. I even helped some guy find his wedding band or somesuch once.

Quotepersonally i can handle that shit that's why i didn't leave the pit

Then what are you bitching about?

Quoteyes when you hearit you can get energized jump around, rock out yadda yadda yadda...but it's definatly not music to be trampling, punching, beating up people too

Moshing != brawling