News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Kagrra,

Started by Yumeko, July 19, 2007, 03:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yumeko

Well when it comes to Kagrra, I'm a newbie.  My first taste of them was when the concert with Kagrra,, Miyavi, GazettE, Kra, and alice nine. was up for download and well I downloaded it of course.  I watched it and found Kagrra,'s music bored me actually.  But I wanted to like them or get to know them a bit because it seemed so many people did like them.  It was confusing to me because imo at the time their style of rock was boring.  And I just dismissed them as boring.  LOL

I was indifferent to seeing them at JRR.  I knew I would be seeing them and I went in there expecting I would be bored and waiting for the next band; but to say the least; I was pleasantly surprised.

Their performance was incredible and although I didn't know the music; I was watching them wide eyed and completely impressed.  There couldn't have been a better band to open the show.  They really set the tone with their music and kimonos.  It was really beautiful and when the vocalist spoke, introducing the band and telling us not to forget Kagrra,, I could tell the band was very happy to be there and I found myself promising that I will not forget Kagrra,.

So I haven't listened to a whole lot of their music; but since seeing them I've listened to their last two albums completely.  I plan on listening to more when I have the time to listen to a whole album from start to end.  But they are really a good band and I very much enjoyed their concert.  They really changed my mind of the band in just that one short performance and that in itself I find impressive.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

i don't really like them ...i like their whole concept but i dunno i find the songs to be a tad boring .... i must say though hearing the songs live is a huge difference...cuz i enjoyed the live (i didn't think they were incredible but it was great ad i got into it) but the studio version always make me sad ...cuz i freaken love isshi's voice but just can't get into the songs >.< i think the only songs i adore would be the ones on the utakata single and i feel bad about that cuz it's probabaly their most poppy or whatever single >.< sry i tried ...

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Yumeko

well maybe it's just their later stuff; cause some of their older stuff is very...well boring.  But their latest album was very very nice.  I really liked a lot of the songs off of that.  And I liked their performance so much at JRR I bought that pink see through Kagrra, bag for $10 :P  I haven't used it yet; but it was a cute bag and one of the few things I could afford there.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

yea i tried to listen to the last album because i really liked that single but nothing really jumped out at me cept the songs i already liked ...

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Tsunetako

I thought shizuku was a complete piece of trash, but everything other than that is pretty wonderful.

fangy89

I love all their older stuff, the newer releases don't have that same 'traditional' sound anymore. Well maybe except for Utakata but other than that their style has changed too much for my liking.

Tero69

It's Kagrra,.
Please, shouldn't be that hard to be able to read.

Yumeko

^ my apologies for typing an extra 'g' instead of an 'r'.  ::)
drawing by me...

snickety

^np, just a typo. lol, even jp magazines do that.

Anyway, I really like them. I haven't been into them as much lately, but when I finally listened to Shizuku I liked it fairly well-- well enough to put it on my 'to purchase' list. I guess I do prefer their older stuff, but their new stuff is still enjoyable.

I remember when San came out, I pestered my mom 'til she let me play it in the car. I was somewhat offended when she called Isshi's voice mediocre, lol.

wtfuxeric

I felt almost the same way as you. When I first heard them I was like "eh...This is okay", but when JRR was announced I decided to listen to more of their music. When the time came for JRR I was like "Meh I'll prolly be bored", but when they started to play Kotodama I found myself doing the para-para. xD
They put on an amazing show and I agree with you, they were the perfect band to set the mood for the remaining concert and the next day.
:O