News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Dir en Grey live

Started by residentevilrulz, August 04, 2006, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TenDemon

This is an interesting topic and one I am not really caring to much for... I have to agree with jeftones. I was also at the L.A concert and Kyo sounded great.  And as far as the new single, I think it's an exceptional peice of music. But to each their own, right?

jeftones

Quote from: wai on August 17, 2006, 08:04:52 PM
Kyo's voice is all right, they're doing good at FVT.

aparently critics are giving them good reviews too.

TeamAwesome

well maybe if they visited my neck of the woods someday I could honestly make an opinion from seeing them live *sucks to live in Australia, don't go there*

but eh, alot of vocalist, especially those who play alot of different notes, whether it be high or low, tend to damage their vocal chords... it was only a matter of time before something happened, but I don't think Kyo has changed in awesomeness, his vocals are always great, way back when he started they were great, now they have drastically changed, so has the guitar, so has the bass and drums, it's not just Kyo, it's the whole style, as for the new single *can't remember the title...* rapes candy or something, uhm, yeah, his vocals were very old school I think, they way he used to do things... I'm interested on where the new music is going, I'd like more songs like "Rapes candy" (sorry, I can't remember how to say it in Japanese...)

skmt

I wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of drug problem.  But that would just make him more rockin' in my book.

Ito

Saw his two days ago in East Troy, Wisconsin for the Family Values tour and he's still rocking it out and didn't have any problems!
It was awesome, so don't wory about it!

Milkthief

I've seen Dir en grey live twice now. Once in Tokyo once in LA
I do like Dir en grey, however thier lives SUCK.
Yeah I was at the LA show too.. Kyo doesnt sing nearly as much as he should during songs. The best live shows I've seen are Deadman, Sex Machineguns, Kagrra and MUCC. They actually sound better live than they do on CD.

I dont mean to sound like an ass but you can't deny that their live shows (these days) fail.

marron_san

I can agree a little bit with all of you. I have been to 2 Dir en Grey's lives. They were amazing but Kyo-san had to rest after 4-5 songs, I felt pity for him. His voice... isn't perfect. I prefer listening to dir en grey's mp3 than take a part in their perfomances. Really. Maybe the good times of DIR'u will come back... who knows.

beau99

Quote from: Milkthief on September 03, 2006, 11:42:20 AM
I've seen Dir en grey live twice now. Once in Tokyo once in LA
I do like Dir en grey, however thier lives SUCK.
Yeah I was at the LA show too.. Kyo doesnt sing nearly as much as he should during songs. The best live shows I've seen are Deadman, Sex Machineguns, Kagrra and MUCC. They actually sound better live than they do on CD.

I dont mean to sound like an ass but you can't deny that their live shows (these days) fail.

I saw Dir in Phoenix and I couldn't disagree more. The only times Kyo stopped singing was when he did his scratching thing. Otherwise, he was perfect.

TeamAwesome

I saw a nice picture of Kyo in the latest edition of Fools Mate... he looked, well, like he'd been a bit itchy o.O

look, it's not like the guys were going to last forever, they have most definately released some very influential music, obviously likes and dislikes are oppionated, but it was definately influential... and they are still making new stuff, it all comes down to opinion to whether or not you want to listen to them >>

Yumeko

I just saw Dir en Grey live yesterday in Michigan.  It was pretty damn sweet and entertaining to watch the guys.  Yes, Kyo didn't sing as much of the lyrics as on his cds.  But he was doing so much on stage and getting so into the performance that it was really a treat and I wouldn't give my money back for my ticket, I have no regrets, the concert was awesome.  And even my brother who isn't in to japanese music had to agree that Dir en Grey was one of the best bands there.  IMO, I'd say it was Dir en grey #1, then Korn, then stone sour.  My brother said Korn, Dir en grey, then stone sour.  It was a rockin' concert and I loved seeing dir en grey live.  I was maybe 40 or 50ft away from the stage too, I was really close and got a got a good view of everything.  Kaoru was closet to me, so that was really cool.  I took tons of pictures, it was really awesome.  My ears are still ringing!
drawing by me...

TeamAwesome

eww Korn and Stone Sour >> Diru > fo' shiz!

I heard about that family tour, why do you americans get good shit!? poor Australians are forced to bands like... well, no-one! I'm in Japan at the moment though, but you know... you need free time to go to concerts, and students most certainly don't have free time ><

I think the Kyo's been like that for a while! as in, the less lyrics on stage, more giving a show... ever since they came on stage without costume really... I loved their old full visual stuff too ^^ they are a great band, mainstream is just a word people use to make themselves sound pro >>

Yumeko

Well, I know how you feel about not ever having good stuff come to you.  I live in Michigan, and trust me, the good stuff (imo jrock bands), never go to michigan.  When I heard Dir en grey was coming to michigan I jumped at the chance to see them.  And actually, I'm not a huge Korn fan, I only know like several of their songs, and I've never heard StoneSour before but one song.  But I have to admit they put on a good concert.  But of course, Dir en grey was the best band there ^_~
drawing by me...

kaoru-d

Yumeko I to was at the FVT in Michigan (I live in Flint) how did you enjoy the weather  :)  but anyways on to the topic. I thought Dir en Grey put on the best show.  they sounded great, kyo sounded great  and the band put forth a great amount of energy that was fun to watch. of course this was my first time seeing them in person so I have northing to compare this show too. I basicly paid the 10 bucks for a ticket and sat in the rain and snow all day to see them and I would do it again anyday.

Yumeko

Oh the weather was shit, but surprise surprise that's michigan for you :P  I'm very used to it and it was funny to see all the singers strip down to pants, I just kept thinking about how cold they must be.  Anywho, it's way cool to meet another big Jrock fan from michigan.  I don't know enough of them.
drawing by me...

kaoru-d

yeah I know what you mean about meeting another Jrock fan from Michigan I know that their are some fans out their but finding them is hard.  I was actually thinking I wonder how many times any of them bands had played outside in weather like that especially Dir en grey.  I bet they enjoyed it though must be a nice change from playing is some hot inside venue.