News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Miyavi NEW ALBUM march 19th

Started by Yumeko, January 17, 2008, 01:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yumeko

New Album From miyavi

miyavi's new album, miyavi -THIS IZ THE JAPANESE KABUKI ROCK-, is scheduled for release on March 19th. The album will include the singles Sakihokoru hana no you ni - Neo Vizualizm, Subarashiki kana, kono sekai - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD -, and Hi no hikari sae todoka nai kono basho de feat. SUGIZO, plus more for a total of eleven tracks. The limited edition will come with a DVD containing bonus footage.

----------

This info is from jmusicamerica.com.  Anywho, I'm excited for the new album and yet I'm worried.  Worried because I don't really like the Kavki Boys after listening to all of Miyavi's b-side tracks on his singles. 

I guess what I don't like about the Kavki Boys is that they do the same stuff over and over.  And unless the song has a strong melody and everything; it all just sounds like noise/mush.  I want to buy his new album but I will definitely wait till I hear it because the Kavki Boys are ruining it for me and I really hope Miyavi will move on soon.  He seems to evolve a lot with each album.  So my hope is that after the album comes out and his world tour; he will leave the Kavki Boys behind and his singles after that will be new and will lead up to another album ^^v.
drawing by me...

Vessicator

nekki_chibi

-THIS IZ THE JAPANESE KABUKI ROCK-
I was almost sure this album would be titled Meevz r-n-beez, but omg, _rock_? anyway, every shitty subgenre of rock could now be called kabuki-rock, that's good.
I'm not excited, but hope he would add some dokuso bonus-tracks, and that kavki-pigs will suddenly die during recording process.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I keep forgetting Miyavi exsists. I thought Miyavism was the most horrible album of that quarter , so I haven't kept up with him. Here he goes releasing an album. Maybe he has figured out what he want's to do with his music by now.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Yumeko

^ actually Miyavism was the first album by him I heard and I was hooked LOL I guess to each their own.  But it seems in the case of the Kavki Boys; most everybody agrees MYV is better off without them.
drawing by me...

nekki_chibi

^ I was hooked with pop is dead and gagaku
and you know, one good track and one cover in miyavizm don't make this album anything like hooking

snickety

Miyavizm wasn't the first I heard from him, but it was the first I liked. His other stuff doesn't really do it for me, though I did rather like the dokusou stuff.
I'll most likely check this out.

Yumeko

Quote from: nekki_chibi on January 17, 2008, 03:31:10 PM
^ I was hooked with pop is dead and gagaku
and you know, one good track and one cover in miyavizm don't make this album anything like hooking

Other people might think Miyavism was crap; but I really liked it; that's my opinion.  My favorite songs on the album was Rock and roll isn't dead, Aho matsuri, papa mama, to name a few.  My favorite album however is MYV POPS and the Miyavi~uta dokusou album.
drawing by me...

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

I liked Ame ni Utaeba, and uhh [looks]
Oh yeah, Papa mama.
Everything else is just wank
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

みつね★

Can't wait.
Miyavizm was really good piece of work for me, same with the latest singles. Hope that new album'll be in the same style. But anyway - it would be good to see(hear?) any suprises.

Furik

I loved Miyavi's early stuff.
I hated his major work.

However, this who Kavki era is totally awesome and i'm enjoying it.
Can't wait to hear the album.

Yumeko

Quote from: Mitsune on January 21, 2008, 12:44:48 AM
Can't wait.
Miyavizm was really good piece of work for me, same with the latest singles. Hope that new album'll be in the same style. But anyway - it would be good to see(hear?) any suprises.
I'm glad the kavki stuff is attractive to some people; but I agree with your last words; it would be good to see/hear some surprises on the new album.  Maybe something that hints at a new direction he might be taking.
drawing by me...

【オ】

Why he sucks?

1) He can't do a good song even feat. Sugizo...
2) He has this ~neo-hippie~ image right now...
3) He only plays acoustic guitar... extra: He can't sing.

nekki_chibi

He didn't have to sing well when he looked like a baby and sounded like Rob Zombie
Now he's just a pinky-nailed clown for tokio hotel lovers and alikes.

marky

I liked his latest work......he looks like crap but who cares about that really .....who the hell is tokyo hotel  ???