News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

D is going major

Started by Yumeko, December 22, 2007, 03:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yumeko

So in the spring they are going major and have been signed to Smile records or what entertainment or whatever it's called.  The other bands on that label are all poppy groups sort of.  That worries me; but I don't think D would change their style.  I just hope they don't get too formulated.  But my friend reminded me that D is pretty classy for a VK band; so I'm sure it'll be fine.  I'm happy for them tho.  I've been a fan since before or just around their first album came out; so it's nice to have seen the band's growth.

http://www.smile-co.co.jp/
drawing by me...

nekki_chibi

I think they'll get worse, but who knows.
Their recent PVs for the album already indicated change of style towards more casual looks, and now I'm almost sure their label will affect sound and visuals too.

Yumeko

Well I think the last two music videos were simple on purpose to help promote the album.  I actually really love the new album and as long as their sound doesn't stray too much; then I'll be happy.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

lmao i can't wait for all the ...ZOMG D SUCKS NOW too start XD it's inevitable.

Ne way yea I'm happy for them. To me they should've been major awhile ago ^_^ 

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

人形

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on December 22, 2007, 11:15:05 PM
lmao i can't wait for all the ...ZOMG D SUCKS NOW too start XD it's inevitable.

Well you have to admit, some bands that go major do get their creativity choked.

Do As Eternity 6

well there are also indie bands that just go bad over time.  Then there are bands that suck straight out the gate. Imo it really doesn't matter if a band goes major or not. A lot of hate is unwarranted.  Most types of change gain some kind of reaction like that no matter the circumstance. You really can't win D: Sure some bands perhaps but for some people they hurl insults just at the sight of change or a band going major even though like i said it's mostly unwarranted.  Maybeit makes them feel special...i don't know. meh good music is all relative to the person whose listening so what someone would call a bands "creativity being choked" someone else would call it a band "trying something different". There's no real right or wrong i guess.

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Yumeko

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on December 23, 2007, 12:22:36 AM
meh good music is all relative to the person whose listening so what someone would call a bands "creativity being choked" someone else would call it a band "trying something different". There's no real right or wrong i guess.

well said.  I still look forward to what they will release in the future.  I'm sure they'll be under a lot of pressure now with their first release as a major band.
drawing by me...

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Hmm , see what I miss when I neglect J music. I can't say they will get worse , might get better for all we know.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

hirose

Well as far as I have seen most of bands that go major, change a LOT , but that is not really bad, I just wouldnt like to see Asagi wearing backstreet boys clothes or singing hiphop which i doubt will happen... so all that is left is to wait and see what happens. ~_~

ShyGuySimon

As long as Asagi doesn't do any solo work im fine ... Corniv... watever was really bad and the video was corny.

人形

Quote from: hirose on January 04, 2008, 03:40:48 AM
I just wouldnt like to see Asagi wearing backstreet boys clothes or singing hiphop which i doubt will happen...

I agree  ;D

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: o x i d e on January 04, 2008, 11:16:15 AM
Quote from: hirose on January 04, 2008, 03:40:48 AM
I just wouldnt like to see Asagi wearing backstreet boys clothes or singing hiphop which i doubt will happen...

I agree  ;D

I just had an ammusing image of asagi signing D away to Jimusho Entertainment.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Yumeko

Quote from: ShyGuySimon on January 04, 2008, 07:42:50 AM
As long as Asagi doesn't do any solo work im fine ... Corniv... watever was really bad and the video was corny.

I really liked Corvinus.  The video wasn't the best; but Asagi writes all the lyrics and music for most of D's songs; I don't see how Corvinus was affected by Asagi being solo or not aside from the fact he wasn't writing for D. 
drawing by me...

Modulate God

'bout damn time. D is one of the most deserving indies bands out there. Hopefully now they can get more attention.

人形

Maybe they'll tour overseas now. Any idea what label they are going on?