News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

recommendations?

Started by cawnil, August 26, 2007, 04:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cawnil

hey, new to this forum, and have been listening to japanese music for about 8 years now.  used to be into the metal and hard rock, but lately have been wanting more mellow stuff.  i'm open to anything as long as it's not really violent (IE Dir en grey, Despairsray, X Japan).  so far my listenings include Dragon Ash, Guniw Tools, Utada Hikaru, Fatima, Shiina Ringo, Zazen Boys, and some stuff.

カレン

heidi. heidi. heidi. heidi. heidi.

Period. That is all you need listen to.
誰も知らない世界で 流し続けた涙と嘘を隠す
果てしない空の下で
何も見えない視界で 重ね続けた願いを描いて
潤んだ目が渇く日まで

reddish

Go listen to uhm, OGRE YOU ASSHOLE, ART-SCHOOL, Plastic Tree, Jinkaku Radio, Metronome, FLOPPY, Babylon, deadman, Sel'm (They are usually medium-ish, not so much violent).

All of them are really good.
;)

signal to noise

MUCC

their old stuff is very Korn/SOAD-ish, but their newer stuff has some more mellow tracks. check out the song Horizont. and Ryuusei is faster, but it has a mellow mood to it. plus they do have their heavy songs without being violent, like Libra and Gokusai. but i guess if you'd say D'espairsRay is violent, then you'd probably consider old MUCC songs like Zetsubou to be violent too.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

oh mellow huh and your willing to go outside the realms of vk and even rock ...lovely here i go!

like 真捺 said orge you asshole, art-school and plastic tree. newer MUCC like signal said above

rock/pop/jazz

eksperimentoj
alice nine.
do as infinity
shibasaki kou
base ball bear
abingdon boys school
tsubaki (the band ..theirs also a female singer whose not bad but trust me you want the band)
beat crusaders
the birthday
thee michelle gun elephant
ROSSO (this one including the top 2 maybe aren't soo mellow but definately not as violent as the bands you mentioned)
the brilliant green
Doping Panda (they ahve alot of mellow song but then again they also have alot of very upbeat songs to)
fra-froa
going under ground
hare-brained unity
kaela kimura
OLIVIA
aya kamiki
kannivalism
kaya
kra (what i like them their funky xD)
Lion heads
Jill -decoy association- (well this is jazz but her voice is beautiful and if you want mellow definately mellow)
Missle innovation
sambomaster
Monkey majik
TAKUI
noodles
the pillows
the predators
no regret life
the band apart
RADWIMPS
***** graffiti
shaka labbits
UVERworld
shocking Lemon
syrup 16g
Sloth love chunks
Number girl
vola and the oriental machine
BOWL
spangle call lille line
tornado tatsumaki
babamania
Brahman
straightner
the back horn
acidman
special others
tokyo jihen
yui (second album much better then the first)
aural vampire
Zwei
remioromen
lol jealkb
gutevolk
capsule
nirgilis
aikawa nanase
ellegarden
flow

if you like a bit of hip-hop or Rnb:
namie amuro
crystal kay
m-flo
daichi miura
YOSHIKA
sowelu
minmi
Kreva
MCU
home made kazoku
nujabes
shing02
aria/asuka
norisiam-x
ya-kyim

and i'm trying to keep the list to japanese artists but se7en and clazziquai project have had japanese releases so i wil definately put them on the list

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

signal to noise

oh shit hell yeah Flow, i should have mentioned them. they are so damn good.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

flow is the shizznah *don't mind me i just like saying that x'D*

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Culo

if you want some mellow pop, but not the typical cliche and cheessy one with american influence, try ナナムジカ (Nanamusica)... they have a very japanese sound and the music is very mellow too... and nostalgic/sad.

I also recommend Babylon, they have quite a few good mellow songs (Yasashii shoukoku, Female, Tsuya, Silent night mellow... this last one is obvious XD)
Fag who reads

4skin,

Quote from: cawnil on August 26, 2007, 04:54:51 AM
hey, new to this forum, and have been listening to japanese music for about 8 years now.  used to be into the metal and hard rock, but lately have been wanting more mellow stuff.  i'm open to anything as long as it's not really violent (IE Dir en grey, Despairsray, X Japan).  so far my listenings include Dragon Ash, Guniw Tools, Utada Hikaru, Fatima, Shiina Ringo, Zazen Boys, and some stuff.

i've always been afraid of X Japan's constant violent music.

Vessicator

lynch. lynch. lynch. lynch. lynch.

Period. That's all you need to listen to

klavierbarrette

Quote from: 4skin, on August 26, 2007, 11:54:15 PM
Quote from: cawnil on August 26, 2007, 04:54:51 AM

i've always been afraid of X Japan's constant violent music.
:D

pretty much all has been said here, but i'll say my faves would be

mucc (newer stuff)
jinkaku radio
plastic tree
heidi.
alice nine.
lynch

and merry, definitely look into merry...

Masik

dont listen visual kei D:

listen Orange Range <3

Do As Eternity 6

ewww not orange range =/ i've always hated orange range...except for asterisk which is tolerable.

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Orange Range is alright. I really liked thier first couple of albums , but then I suddenly stopped listening to them for some reason. I still listen to Yuugu Red and Kirikirimai at time.

Actually I rec my entire current playlist:
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=08292007163001tv3.jpg
http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=08292007163344cy3.jpg

I rotate like 80% of it every month , but these are my current favs.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

signal to noise

Orange Range is really on and off for me. on their cds i tend to usually hate or love a song, never think its alright. but if you want to listen to a really great band similar to their style, like we said before, check out Flow.

oh and uh... Luna Sea. LUNACY. YES.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album