News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Merry

Started by GEWALT, August 15, 2007, 01:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALT

Like this band since some years and man they even rock hard since their major.

Favorite song of course is Japanese Modernist and Violent harenchi. And I love Charlie on their new single.

Great band and hopefully I will see them live soon.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

My second favorite J band.

My favorite songs are still ve-doro , kitsuburi rondo , and R-246.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Tsunetako

I love their sad songs.. Like Sayonara Rain and Calling.

Do As Eternity 6

Merry is awesome. Even better live to IMO. I new single is nice charlie is my favorite of the 4.

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Yumeko

I looove Merry and it was awesome seeing them live.  The song that really got me to like them was Kubitsuri Rondo and then Deikiai Suiso.  I also really like their sad songs such as Kohakuiro no Ballad.  I haven't thoroughly listened to the new single yet save for the title track which I really really love.
drawing by me...

nekki_chibi

I love their Japanese Modernist (and PV looks great for an indie band - shame on shitty PVs by Sadie and all other Gilgameshes);
I didn't enjoy their indie LPs, but PEEP SHOW is really the greatest album I've heard in jrock for years

redkiwi

I'm a big merry fan. Seeing them live is a must for anyone who likes great shows. All the guys know how to entertain and they sound good live. really good. I just wish I could see them perform again live.

Karasu

For a Japanese band in this 'scene', they're definitiely the most unique and original bands. Combining Jazz and Blues style rock with hardcore punk is just mind-blowing to me. I definitely think they have more potential than they think. I would definitely like to see this band grow and expand out of Japan and go into the world. I think a diverse, open-minded music listener would instantly love them and want to know more about the band's music.

wonderword

I can appreciate their uniqueness in the genre and the talent of the musicians involved, but I think that every Merry album sounds exactly the same.

But that's just me.

Yumeko

^ I totally have to disagree with that.  There's always that 'Merry' sound in their albums; but they've been getting much more jazzier.  Like Peep Show compared to their first album; both very different in sound.
drawing by me...

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: Yumeko on August 16, 2007, 03:47:33 PM
^ I totally have to disagree with that.  There's always that 'Merry' sound in their albums; but they've been getting much more jazzier.  Like Peep Show compared to their first album; both very different in sound.

I really like the fact they are alot more jazzy now , but I will miss thier harder songs. I have to admit they are almost turning into the crazy ken band with a vk twist , which isn't a bad thing. ( I love CKB )
I thought peep show was excellent and it doesnt sound at all like thier previous stuff , it's def the stand out album , not in terms as thier best , but as the most unique. ( I personally think Gendai Stoic or Nu Chemical Rehtoric are still the tops ).

At any rate , with each release Merry has made me proud to be one of thier long standing fans. <3
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Karasu

I still think they have a hard edge, PLTC would definitely be a crazy hard song. I can't listen to it, but it's definitely hard and crazy. Plus, Senitmental New Pop and Mousou Rendez-vous are definitely songs I would consider hard. Gyahhh, Merry just fucking rocks. I love that band so much, they need to go tour more in the west and tour with some western bands. Far-Fetched maybe, but id like to see it happen for them.

なお

When I listened to them the first time about two years ago I really had problems to get used to their style of music. But after I got used to them I couldn't help loving them.

埒々

At first I really had to get used to them as well, their style was so unusual that I couldn't handle it at first. But they grew on me so much that I love them for their music. To me bands that are an acquired taste far outshine those you can listen to instantly, since the first kind grows on you while you get tired of the latter rather quickly.

Masik

for me they are a bit overrated