News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

MUCC

Started by signal to noise, July 22, 2007, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signal to noise

to anyone that heads out to the theatres to see the new movie Cloverfield -

uhh... FUZZ??

this was listed in the credits as being played in the movie. yes, THE Fuzz, by THE Mucc. (but not really with the "the"s, im just saying i know what im talking about) i didnt even catch them play it in the movie, but im quite sure i know what scene it would have been in. so yeah. fun fact.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

signal to noise

and im not surprised that you misquoted that by trying to apply it by their music choices of what to play in the scenes where radios were playing.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

I ripped the phrase out of context because it sound pretty cool when quoted here.
Didn't see the movie, so have no idea when/where/what plays.

signal to noise

Best of MUCC is out in the US february 5th.

so they said their target is the US this year. well, they already had their song in Cloverfield, the Best Of is out in February, the new album is out in March, and they'll be on Taste of Chaos... and this is all done in the first quarter of the year. sounds like they know how to treat their US fans. Dir en grey should take a lesson from them.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Karasu

Uh, Dir en grey came to America first, toured here twice in one year, and has had two albums come out along with a single here in America. I dont think they need pointers from MUCC, unless they wanna make an empty cash-grabbing pop song. Oooh Burn.

signal to noise

i appreciate all that Dir en grey has done for the US fans, and i've totally taken advantage of that by seeing them live a bunch of times and buying mad merch, but MUCC is doing all this shit in 3 months. i bet by the end of 2008 MUCC will actually have real popularity in the US and not just a cult following of the "jrock kids." as for Dir en grey, coming from a band who says things like "Japan doesnt like us anymore" (and yes, Kaoru has said that in interviews before) they still tend to do much better things for their japanese fans, most notably all the fanclub specials. besides, the US release of Marrow was a piece of crap, there was no bonus disc even for the first press, and all the booklets were fucked up and they were never corrected. maybe they should have Sony put out their albums and not an indie label out of someones basement. no to mention releasing a single in the US... thats cool if you dont want the japanese special one for the same price. releasing a single in the US is pointless, and selling it only at FYE stores is even worse. the connection between FYE and Dir en grey has sickened me.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

Quote from: signal to noise on January 22, 2008, 09:38:07 PM
Dir en grey should take a lesson from them.
yes, especially, stop playing live and use pre-recorded sound
appear on tv
fit into main trends
sing about surfing
whatever

and I bet that by the end of 2008 mucc will be sharing music stores with tokio hotel
and maybe even win the charts.

Karasu

'real popularity'? what the hell does that even mean? And also, can you find that interview with Kaoru saying that, because i'd like to read it. And i've found copies of Marrow at stores without the text mess up, and they sold out quickly. Also, who cares if Agitated was at FYE? it was cheap anyway when it was released. I dont like the store but I got the CD there, and that was it.

To be honest, the whole Dir en grey vs. MUCC thing is very juvenile IMO. They're both different bands [especially nowadays] and both bands are going seperate directions in terms of fans and music. MUCC's going mainstream and shooting out pop-rock songs where as Dir en grey is focusing their energy towards the hard rock/metalcore crowd.

nekki_chibi

And also, can you find that interview with Kaoru saying that, because i'd like to read it.
It's pretty believeable - Diru are not that popular since 2003
but still, their releases hit top oricon positions, and this link (I stole it from mucc community, lol) could speak clearly about bands overseas success - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/special/charts/2007_all.html
(protip - watch mucc from the bottom)

signal to noise

Quote from: Karasu on January 23, 2008, 06:35:22 AM
'real popularity'? what the hell does that even mean?
Exactly how i explained it. Not just having "jrock" fans but get recognition from people who dont even know of japanese music.

And also, can you find that interview with Kaoru saying that, because i'd like to read it.
I looked again for literally like a half hour and didnt find it again, you'll just have to take my word for it. And it was from a real magazine, i didnt get it from some random person, and im not misquoting him, because i was shocked myself to see him admit that.

To be honest, the whole Dir en grey vs. MUCC thing is very juvenile IMO. They're both different bands [especially nowadays] and both bands are going seperate directions in terms of fans and music.
Obviously they are different bands, i wasnt trying to make a bitchfit over this, and im not trying to lump them together because they're both japanese. im just saying that im more satisfied with MUCC's plans for the US this year than what Dir en grey has been doing most recently. They havent been in the US in 6 months, it feels like what they did the past year was just a quick phase. If i get news that Dir en grey plans some more US interaction for this year, then i'll probably change my mind, but hearing news of all that MUCC is doing at the same time i heard news that Dir en grey is releasing yet another fanclub dvd for only their japanese fans, that kindof clashed eachother.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

They havent been in the US in 6 months
Yes, because Europe and Japan are more important for Japanese bands
is that enough?

and needless to say, I'm pretty surprised. Just fucking two years ago no one could even imagine diru to have concert in US, and in 2008 _they haven't been in us for half of year_
wtf

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

Yeah i think the no US for six months thing is a bit extreme, lol.
Most bands only tour once a year or every two years.
Not to mention these guys are from the other side of the world.
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

signal to noise

Its a long time compared to what they did before. They were here in August-September of 06, February of 07, and then June of 07. Right now they dont have any announced dates as to when they are returning. So im probably just used to what they were pulling last year.

As for most bands only tour once a year or every two years... uhh...no?? Bands tour all year every year...
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

Japanese bands, ya. American/European bands, not so much. And we're talking about touring in America.
I don't know how often Dir en grey or MUCC visits Europe tho.
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise