News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

MUCC

Started by signal to noise, July 22, 2007, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signal to noise

hahaha She Wants Revenge is pretty bad.

im not sure if i like this album more than Gokusai or not, but definitely not more than Houyoku because i think that one is my favorite. but i like how similar to Gokusai, a lot of the songs use different styles across the span of the album.

but yeah at taste of chaos they played 5 songs from this album, plus an older song that i didnt remember the name of, so if you're thinking about whether or not going to taste of chaos for mucc, judge it off how much you like the newest album.

oh and tracks 6 and 7 are definitely not utter trash.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Karasu

This album is...tough for me to decide on. There are some parts that shine and even impress me, but there are some parts I am not thrilled with, and I infact hate a lot. Like Arch said, there are many bands in this album that are being ripped off, but yet its not MUCC being the one band to stand out. Its like i'm literally listening to KoRn one minute and then some bad representation of Muse, and then a random pop band from Japan. It feels like Gazette's Disorder in the fact that this album tries to go EVERYWHERE and doesn't focus on just being good on its own. And the fact that FUZZ is being played in a hardcore concert such as Taste of Chaos just makes me laugh at MUCC for being so insipid. If you're trying to win over scenester kiddies such as them, FUZZ is not the way to go.

Back to the album, I think the worst songs are FUZZ, Flight and that Anjelier. MUCC have a habit of overdoing a song style and whoring it out. Like with Flight..its pretty much Utagoe and I think we all can agree on that. Now this new song, Angelier is pretty much FUZZ with higher vocal notes [lets see tatsurou sing that live and do it consistantly lol]. I mean, It's an insult to their fans, because now they don't even give a shit if they overdo a song style on one album. One FUZZ was enough, we don't need another. Of course though, both songs are like Britney Spear's 'Toxic', You hate her...you can't stand her and her music...but you love that song with it's infectious beat. Well the same logic applies to these...songs.

Now on the other hand...some songs are just...really good. Chiisana Mado really has a dramatic feel and doesn't feel fake in its melodies. If Ame no Orchestra was like this, it would have been one of their best singles, but that phony violin sound they put in that song killed it. I think this time around, they learned from that mistake and used real instruments. Go them. Game was a nice song, as was Semishigure.

And this is the problem with MUCC, they KNOW how to make good music, but lately they have just been sucking royally with making music, and are just profiteering with cheap, bland pop music. And the sad thing is, people act like it's part of their 'evolution' and its not. It's De-evolution.  How can you take a drum machine as evolution instead of letting Satochi drum? Oh that's right, you're just a sheep and will just take anything MUCC gives you as an act of God. Sorry, but you let MUCC get away with way too much bullshit.

So all in all...i'm being generous when I give this album a 6/10, because there are some gems in the album...but the rest is just refined pop, or overdone music styles, or hell...overdone vocal notes. How many times have we heard Tatsurou hit the same notes over and over throughout the years? About twice an album since Zekuu.

xzer0x

I believe that I am a fan of the voice of Tatsurou ...
Shion is beautiful album that does not show the aggressive MUCC that everyone wants to see and hear...

8/10

Shion & Sorawasure♥♥♥♥♥

signal to noise

Karasu, you make a few good points.

but FUZZ was the stand out song at Taste of Chaos. these guys in front of me who didnt know who the fuck MUCC was got really into it when they played FUZZ, and sang the "whoas" in the chorus.

but back to the album... i dunno about Flight being like Utagoe, just because they are upbeat songs. if anything, Flight is like a 10x better version of it, but i really dont think they sound anything alike.

as for Tatsuro being able to do Anjelier live... that shit isnt range, its falsetto, anyone can do it.

and i dont think theres so much bland poppy stuff on this album, i think its much heavier than Gokusai was.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

klavierbarrette

I'm a very big MUCC fan and even I have to admit, I don't like it very much.

It's not bad, but it's not great.  It's okay.  But, I've only listened to it once.  I found myself REALLY liking the intro song though? o_O

signal to noise

oh in case anyone was wondering, this is MUCC's setlist from when i saw them at Taste of Chaos (i had to wait to re-hear the new songs to make sure which was which, and then to clear the confusion of the names of the older songs hahah)-

Nuritsubusu nara Enji
Fukurou no Yurikago
Shion
FUZZ
Shadan
Libra

in that exact order too. and before the first song, there was a playback of the opening track, 666, off their album 6. which made me thought they were gonna go into Kuukyo na Heya, but that was only in my fanboy dreams i guess hahaha.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

amazingAM

I saw this band live at TOC and it was soooo amazing! I love anguro kei so much!!! ^^

zenarcade

Yeah I saw them at TOC too. They're a lot more fun live than in studio. Really cool guys though. I met them at the meet and greet in Minneapolis