News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

MUCC

Started by signal to noise, July 22, 2007, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signal to noise

Quote from: nekki_chibi on December 21, 2007, 07:09:00 AM
Why don't you listen it and judge for yourself?

how the fuck does that make the slightest bit of sense if i JUST said i thought they were the one of the most talented jrock bands?? i obviously like their music you fucking tool. i just dont know why people are so "eww MUCC is blehh" and then they go fucking listen to An Cafe or some other little girl bullshit, or just some COMPLETELY unoriginal band like Screw or Unsraw.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

I agree with Karasu.

I dont really listen to mucc anymore and i think that's too bad cause I used to like mucc.
I dont really like their new stuff though, lol.
Their show'll be weird if I go.
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

nekki_chibi

mucc also don't have any originality - gokusai was the album where lots of unrelated styles were mixed, without any bands personal touch, the same with fuzz - it's just ripped of somewhere and shitty arranged.
and it's no point in mentioning unsraw in this thread - they're produced in completely other way, and I like their diru-likeness much more than mucc's recent shit.
(omg, 'original jrock' - this topic came to a dead end)

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

if we could have a non-vk jrock topic i'd love that.
but it wont happen.
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

Do As Eternity 6

I actually agree with signal to the extent that i like new Mucc. I thought Gokusai was great for the fact that it wasn't all the same style on one CD D: Iono i respect the fact that they changed i guess. After awhile the other stuff becomes kind of boring >.<

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

vulgar

mmm i like MUCC in Zekuu album....
now Mucc i like a kind of happy punk o smoething like that...
isn't the Mucc whit sings like ZETSUBOU , WARE ARUBEKI BASHO...1979...
Great songs !!!

.: vulgarik:.

nepenthes

Quote from: nekki_chibi on December 21, 2007, 08:30:27 AM
mucc also don't have any originality - gokusai was the album where lots of unrelated styles were mixed, without any bands personal touch, the same with fuzz - it's just ripped of somewhere and shitty arranged.
and it's no point in mentioning unsraw in this thread - they're produced in completely other way, and I like their diru-likeness much more than mucc's recent shit.

That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.  Unrelated?  Hahah, every song had a surf theme.  Or oh wait, maybe you've never heard of surf? Quelle tragédie! omgz

And ripped off what?  Let's elaborate, so you're not just pulling shit out of your ass.
Shittily arranged?  I guess you don't know what that means either. =///

Yeah, it's the "cool" thing to hate MUCC these days, nevermind no one has any logical reason why, other than their own shitty taste and what they perceive as "pop".   ::)

Btw, your English sucks ass.  /cheapshot  ;)

Karasu

See, this above post is why a typical Japanese music listener has no musical say whatsoever. You're getting offended from chibi's post which is opinionated, but yet at the same time...holds a lot of merit to what she [I assume that's a she] is saying.

And it's not a matter of 'cool' with hating on MUCC, it's a matter of seeing the same crap over and over again, just tweaked slightly each time, and getting flat out sick of it.

nekki_chibi

Quote from: nepenthes on January 03, 2008, 05:31:32 AM
Quote from: nekki_chibi on December 21, 2007, 08:30:27 AM

That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.  Unrelated?  Hahah, every song had a surf theme.  Or oh wait, maybe you've never heard of surf? Quelle tragédie! omgz

And ripped off what?  Let's elaborate, so you're not just pulling shit out of your ass.
Shittily arranged?  I guess you don't know what that means either. =///

Yeah, it's the "cool" thing to hate MUCC these days, nevermind no one has any logical reason why, other than their own shitty taste and what they perceive as "pop".   ::)

Btw, your English sucks ass.  /cheapshot  ;)
Stop spitting sperm here
GO AWAY AND SUCK AT ANY OTHER PLACE.

signal to noise

i dont really see how MUCC recycles stuff but slightly tweaks it each time. i love MUCC, and im not even a "typical" japanese music fan either. fuck, theres only like 10 japanese bands i listen to religiously in the first place.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Karasu

Quotei dont really see how MUCC recycles stuff but slightly tweaks it each time.

Ever since Houyoku its been nothing but recyling or tweaking songs, but most songs...sound a lot like each other. At first I didn't mind it really because I thought at the time "It's MUCC, it still sounds cool and they rock". However, when Gokusai's singles came out...I start to step back and really look at MUCC and what they were doing. Hearing the song Gerbera and noticing how similar it sounded to Saishuu Ressha...Horizont also sounding similar to Ame no Orchestra.. When I say similar, I mean in the fact that they basically took the song structure and just changed the music notes a little bit and had the same vocal notes but tweaked slightly.

It's apparent that Tatsurou doesn't exactly have a wide vocal range, and for ages he's been hitting the same vocal notes or doing the same vocal style with same crescendos and shit. Same goes with Miya. He thinks because he can shred guitar solos, or randomly hit notes as he solos and just keep stumming the same music notes, its perfectly ok. No it's not ok. They just re-using the same stuff over and over but switching out little things and putting other things there.

Not only that, but doing that whole "We're gonna sell Pop singles then release metal and other random music on our album" thing isnt going to work a second time.   And now look at their recent singles...they sound similar again. Flight is is similar to Utagoe [which btw, was the worst song they could ever do..because this band is not known for skater punk rock, and lo and behind..they did it again with Flight].

Now we have that abomination, FUZZ. Satochi is clearly not a drummer with them anymore, and Yukke is pretty much just playing around with that ridiculous bass, because like Satochi, he's been replaced by electronics and pop music.

They've sold out their integrity, their musicianship, hell their own souls...for profit. I dont know if it's their idea, or their record's idea. However, they're a band...if they did this to themselves, then I have no pity or shame in calling them flakes or sellouts. I mean, this band goes to the biggest metal festival in the world, the biggest japanese metal festival...and they come out with flight and fuzz!? It's bullshit. All of it is bullshit.

And please people, don't use the "They're a band thats allowed to evolve and try other shit". No, not buying that excuse. Because back in the day MUCC did try out other things, but they didnt lose themselves or lost their spirit when making songs like Mae E, or 1979. That's evolving and trying other shit, but doing shit that Good Charlotte or Blink 182 did years ago is not evolving, its de-evolving.

klavierbarrette

i can see how they recycle stuff, but it still doesn't change the fact that i still like them and continue to follow them.  a band that's been around for 10 years is going to go back to some stuff maybe not even realising it.  but yeah, their latest stuff especially has been 'recycled'.  i don't however like how everyone points the finger at MUCC, when they are NOT the only band doing this.  i hate to change it to Dir en grey like every freakin' topic, but they're the first that comes to mind.

although fuzz was seriously NOT like MUCC, and clearly influenced by other stuff, i really liked it.  i did however, not like how they did, as you said, edit out a lot of the instruments and put in the electronics.  but it somehow worked.

Karasu

Quotei hate to change it to Dir en grey like every freakin' topic, but they're the first that comes to mind.

So..don't do it? This is a topic about MUCC, lets keep it that way and not try to compare every band to Dir en grey because that band is beyond all this crap now.

signal to noise

i think it would be different if MUCC making these poppier songs as singles actually got them to sell more, but i dont see them tearing up Oricon charts. and i dont really agree that they now are doing pop singles and metal album tracks. Gokusai wasnt that heavy, and neither were its singles. Gerbera was kindof heavy, Gokusai and the third track on it were kindof heavy, but i dont think they were pushing pop singles to sell a metal album.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

QuoteGerbera was kindof heavy,
I actually started hating mucc releases after this single - (the same with fuzz - is reminds me russian pop-and-dance music of very early 90s with those irritating electronics) - I simply don't undestand how this could be called music, heavy? good? it doesn't matter, for me it sucks too much,
and for me G. and following singles had the same feeling as Miyavizm album of miyavi, for example, brought - revealing they don't actually work on music anymore, they just compose it because they can do it (crafted vs inspired stuff), experienced enough to do it, blah blah blah
and a lot of people still listen to it, claiming they're tolerant to bands evolving, or, omg, they actually like these changes.
It also depends on one's musical background, maybe - but I can only discuss my bg, not someone's else.
oh! and the word dir en grey for this topic
DIR EN GREY.