News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Girugamesh

Started by Do As Eternity 6, July 18, 2007, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do As Eternity 6

yea so i figured we can start this since the new mini-album has dropped.

what are your thoughts on this band and what do you think about the new mini-album reason for crying?

personally i love girugamesh and grew to like them even more after seeing them live, i thought they had one of the best and most intense performances a JRR and i swear my neck hurt so much from head banging after they were done xD i really liked 13's reborn even though i thought the production could've been better but the work on reason for crying makes up for it and I'm really enjoying this mini-album *dances*

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

GEWALT

I think 13 is better then their new cd. It's not bad but 13 was better.

I saw them in germany some weeks ago. Best live I ever saw, I had pain in my body for days from the (mosh)pit and headbanging.

And respect for some german girls who can pit as guys ;D

Yumeko

LOL maybe it's just me; but I was at JRR too and didn't think their performance was all that.  I love the band though and I like the vocalist's voice a lot.  I guess I would've liked them to move around the stage more at the concert and not be so stationary.  I was hoping they would play Dirty Blue Blood at the concert but they didn't :( lol; but at least they played a lot of my other favorite songs so it was cool.  My main nitpick was that they didn't play mission impossible at the concert.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

but they played awesome and satoshi moved quite a bit... but they didn't really need to move it was more to it that made it amazing... the music was just great ^^ i know all the bands played great but i could totally feel the passion through giru's set and satoshi was just singing his little heart out and for the band with probably the least street cred and the least amount of experience they pulled it out and they were the second band i was most excited to see sunday but i didn't expect them to really be great live being virtually the nobodies on the tour... it was a great surprise that i really thought they had one of the best *cough*definately better than d'ray*cough* oh and i thought it was cool that where i was  in the vip section placey thingamajig everyone in that section even the people who were just sitting during merry in the row right in front of us and next to us *there were like on 4 of us in that little section going crazy for merry =_= *slaps those people*(i'm not sure if they were reporters or if they worked there or w.e) got amped... it was really cool and that was the only one they got amped about after that a few of them left and the ones that remained stayed pretty stationary

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Yumeko

^ I wasn't that close ^^v  So maybe the experience was much different up front.  I could see very very well though.  From the second day though; Merry was my favorite and my friends and I dressed up conservative and in black and white for Merry.  We all had white scarves too.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

[off topic]that sounds cool ^^ haha ever since the first time we went to see Dir en grey and we dressed up (not like dress-up cos-play but i mean like actually put some thought into what we were wearing xD)  we haven't again... not even eye-shadow or make-up ..just jeans and a shirt ... we've learned ...except i have to remember to buy me some big ass platform shoes..since i don't think I'm growing any taller xD *sry i tried* 

and merry was excellent ...i wasn't sure what to expect from them either since I've never watched any lives of them on like youtube or anything xD but they were really awesome i liked them almost as much as giru... but i have the softness for MUCC and their performance because they played D.O.G. and rojiura boku to kimi e <--my first mucc song yippe...i would've liked risky drive too but that's okay...and yukke took out the big bass *throws props* ...i only didn't enjoy d'ray but that's because i already don't like them all that much and their set felt very long ...and outta all the bands i caught(well actually it feel onto my seat and everyone was diving on the floor when it was right there) karyu's pick... the irony... but i gave it away...maybe i should've kept it and sold it ..oh wells [/off topic]

so yea back to girugamesh...

anyone have a favorite song off the mini-album? I'm quite partial to Crime - tsumi- and real my place is a great opener though the name is quite interesting xD

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

GEWALT

smash!!

specially the part where you only hear bass and vocals. ;A;

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I really really liked them when they first came out. I thought to myself. Now here's a band I can say that will keep up with The Hate Honey and Deathgaze. I liked alll the releases up til' 13's reborn. I was sad to find out with that cd that they turned into every j-rock band and started sounding generic( for reffrence , see Gazette ). I bought 13's , I also own alot of thier singles. I was disappointed with 13's alot , but every band can turn around right?

The new mini is alright , they lost that energy they had when they started and seem to be mellowing out more than they need to , esp for thier image. I'm not sure where they are trying to go musically.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: GEWALT on July 20, 2007, 03:20:44 AM
smash!!

specially the part where you only hear bass and vocals. ;A;

lol that part is indeed awesome ^^

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

signal to noise

love this band. the stuff before 13 is alright (except for Zero which is amazing), and 13s Reborn is a sick ass cd. Deceived Mad Pain is such a ridiculous song. then Volcano is also amazing, even though im not big on dvd singles, the song is really good, it might be my favorite one so far. and i also really love their new mini-album. Crime is my favorite song on it.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

†Ira†

I really liked the new mini-album from them.
Strangely, i was expecting something a bit more 'aggressive'.
At first it sounded like The Gazette cause of the electronic arrangements of the song 'crime -tsumi-' and the beginning of the song 'Melody', but the touch of Girugamesh was still there.
I love all songs from the new release, and the previous album was amazing too, although some songs were a bit look alike and simple in the guitar riffs.

The vocals improved a lot with the recent releases and i'll be here expecting some new release.
Very good band.  ;) :-*
~Currently Searching~
-Yousei Teikoku Indie Releases-
(Momo no Hane, Momo no Mori, Atarashii Momo, fairthm, Shikou no momo and a Promotional CD)
...PM me if you have something...

Yumeko

^ yah I haven't listened to the whole album completely; but when I skimmed through it I did get the sense that this was less aggressive.
drawing by me...

zombie8mylunch

girugamesh is a good band, i never get tired of listening to them.

signal to noise

NEW ALBUM IN DECEMBER!!!!!!

im so excited. i cant believe theyve already announced a new album after just releasing that mini-album in July. i thought it was gonna be a terribly long wait. they also havent released any previous singles to this, unless they are using Volcano on it (which i would love) so its gonna be A LOT of new music.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Karasu

Well now that the new album is out, I can comment on it!

After listening to it two-three times, I can say that the album was definitely a step in the right direction. In the new album, they're not as afraid to actually have a hard verse...AND a hard chorus! *gasp*. Some bands [like them in their early works] always pussied out in making just a flat out hard song, and put a poppy or typical japanese pop chorus in their songs to not lose that fanbase. Granted, there are some tracks that still have that 'sound', but overall it's really a nice album. They're not afraid to be hard and heavy this time. They've also demonstrated their melodic side a little more without being poppy, which I really liked, because there's nothing wrong showing a melody just don't lose yourself to the japanese pop, no matter how tempting it is lmao.

I think what shocked me the most was...they finally did a song...with a BREAKDOWN. That's totally a metalcore-only thing, and they pulled it off, and did it well lmao. I was rather shocked but satisfied instantly. It was ballsy, and I liked it.

Overall, 8/10 for me. That's a good mark, because there are so many bands in the VK/japanese scene lately...I just have no interest in, but it's good to see that this band can still reel me in. The problem is, can they keep this 'sound' consistant and not wuss out and go back to "RAWR HARD SONG...but then lets put a happy chorus in! tee hee! ^^!"? Only time will tell on this one.

EDIT: and just for the record....those signatures that Yumeko has, scares the shit outta me. *shudders*