News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

exist†trace

Started by fangy89, July 14, 2007, 07:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baka_neko

I kinda like their new look, actually.. you can tell they're all girls now XD Before, I had thought only the singer was female until I was told otherwise. Not really feelin Mally's new look though.. the hair scares me XD I'm pretty excited for their new cd.. I loved their last one. Jyo is one of the few "screamers" I can actually stand listening to.

Do As Eternity 6

^ lol well it's true they do look more like girls now...but i like the androgynous thing and they looked so cool xD but in truth when i first saw them i thought the same thing that only the lead singer was female.

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Formless

To be honest, I think they get more credit than they deserve as musicians simply for being female. I don't really find them to be all that talented or unique, but I'm not saying they're a BAD band. Just kind of.. there.

Do As Eternity 6

well the thing is ...there are more then one all-female visual kei outfit...so why they get more praise then the others? i'm not sure if it's just because their all female...

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Formless

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 15, 2007, 12:54:16 AM
well the thing is ...there are more then one all-female visual kei outfit...so why they get more praise then the others? i'm not sure if it's just because their all female...

Most of the time, E+T praise is accompanied by "OMG MIKO IS SOOOO HOT". That might have something to do with it. Male or female though, I still find them mediocre. Not bad, not GREAT. Just kinda.. there.

Chalchihuitlicue

Quote from: Formless on July 15, 2007, 03:25:35 AM
Most of the time, E+T praise is accompanied by "OMG MIKO IS SOOOO HOT". That might have something to do with it. Male or female though, I still find them mediocre. Not bad, not GREAT. Just kinda.. there.

That's pretty much exactly my opinion of them. While I think it's awesome to see female bands gaining prominence as Visual Kei, I don't think Exist†Trace is really all that good. And I really wanted to like them, too, when I found out that they were female (or at least had female vocals, as that's all the description said when I first listened to them). I just can't get into them. Maybe future releases will be better.

And I dislike how much they get fanboy-ed just for how pretty some of them are.

fangy89

Quote from: Chalchihuitlicue on July 15, 2007, 03:43:54 AM

That's pretty much exactly my opinion of them. While I think it's awesome to see female bands gaining prominence as Visual Kei, I don't think Exist†Trace is really all that good. And I really wanted to like them, too, when I found out that they were female (or at least had female vocals, as that's all the description said when I first listened to them). I just can't get into them. Maybe future releases will be better.

Well I can pretty much say the same thing about Gackt. To me, Gackt's vocals have really taken a beating and I can't listen to any of his ballads without cringing. But his fangirls are 10 times worse than all bands combined...well maybe with the exception of Dir en grey, but anyway, a lot of his fangirls are like "omg he's soooo kawaii *humps monitor*". So I mean it all depends on your musical tastes, some people like Gackt while others don't and some people like exist†trace while others don't. There's always gonna be those annoying fanboys/girls who drool all over some Jrocker's looks without paying any attention to their music.

Yumeko

yah I get the sense that Exist Trace gets more slack because they're girls.  But I can't really say since I never thoroughly checked them out or anything.

@ Fangy

I like Gackt a lot and I consider myself a fangirl when it comes to him.  BUT; I don't like his ballads either.  They make me cringe too.  His other stuff; I like.  And the songs with S.K.I.N.; I also like very much.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: Formless on July 15, 2007, 03:25:35 AM
Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 15, 2007, 12:54:16 AM

true but as fangy was getting at... it happens with the vk guys too ... see the way i see it ...it's not that bad saying stuff like that if you're really liking the music ... now if that was the only praise and not just an accompaniment then that would be a different thing... but I'm sure they're not just getting noticed because of their looks because alot of the all female groups have pretty members too...i think people just think they have alot of potential though ..they may not be amazing now but they are improving which is a good thing for a band if you ask me ...only room to go up and it makes it more interesting ^^

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Yumeko

^I used to be that way with VK.  I wanted to check out everything.  "OH they're pretty; I like their name"; it was shallow I know.  But now that I've heard so many bands; like nearly 200.  I know I can't download them all and I know a lot of them are really bad or just nothing special and worth my time.  I do buy magazines and sometimes a band's look will catch my eyes.  But it's not so much their good looks or anything as the perception they invoke with their style; if that makes any sense.  If a band keeps popping up again and again; that stands out to me too.  But I never make a solid decision on whether a band is good or bad until I hear the music.  I mean; take Abingdon Boys School.  The lead singer is attractive (Takanori Nishikawa); but the rest of the band isn't imo.  But they're music rocks and I love the band anyways; every member.  And I like their style; it stands out.  So I don't know; looks/style are/is important as far as giving an impression; but in the end; for me it comes down to the music.  I don't put pictures on my ipod; just music.  I'm not going to listen to a shitty or mediocre song because the band is pretty and colorful and stupid stuff like that.

anywho; sorry to take this off topic.  To get it back on topic...I kinda liked how Exist Trace's old style made them look like a male VK band.  Their new style definately makes them look more girly; well mostly anyways ^^
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: Yumeko on July 15, 2007, 07:23:59 AM
^I used to be that way with VK.  I wanted to check out everything.  "OH they're pretty; I like their name"; it was shallow I know.  But now that I've heard so many bands; like nearly 200.  I know I can't download them all and I know a lot of them are really bad or just nothing special and worth my time.  I do buy magazines and sometimes a band's look will catch my eyes.  But it's not so much their good looks or anything as the perception they invoke with their style; if that makes any sense.  If a band keeps popping up again and again; that stands out to me too.  But I never make a solid decision on whether a band is good or bad until I hear the music.  I mean; take Abingdon Boys School.  The lead singer is attractive (Takanori Nishikawa); but the rest of the band isn't imo.  But they're music rocks and I love the band anyways; every member.  And I like their style; it stands out.  So I don't know; looks/style are/is important as far as giving an impression; but in the end; for me it comes down to the music.  I don't put pictures on my ipod; just music.  I'm not going to listen to a shitty or mediocre song because the band is pretty and colorful and stupid stuff like that.

anywho; sorry to take this off topic.  To get it back on topic...I kinda liked how Exist Trace's old style made them look like a male VK band.  Their new style definately makes them look more girly; well mostly anyways ^^

hehe but see there's nothing wrong with that at all ^^ i'm the same way...i think that's sensible but when someone is listening to a band just because they think their members are hot... that just irks me and i really don't understand how anyone could subject themselves to crap because the people who make the music are hot...>.< it just defies reason to me...

and back on topic: yea that's what i think too...i thought it was cool they looked like a male band xD

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

GEWALT

Quote from: fangy89 on July 15, 2007, 03:59:47 AM
Quote from: Chalchihuitlicue on July 15, 2007, 03:43:54 AM

Well I can pretty much say the same thing about Gackt. To me, Gackt's vocals have really taken a beating and I can't listen to any of his ballads without cringing. But his fangirls are 10 times worse than all bands combined...well maybe with the exception of Dir en grey, but anyway, a lot of his fangirls are like "omg he's soooo kawaii *humps monitor*". So I mean it all depends on your musical tastes, some people like Gackt while others don't and some people like exist†trace while others don't. There's always gonna be those annoying fanboys/girls who drool all over some Jrocker's looks without paying any attention to their music.

Gackt = POP. Pop fanbase is a little different then alternative fanbases (mostly) but it seems with vkieee its the same. A big shame and turn off.

And about exist trace, dont really like them. Never got into them and never really cared for their looks.

fangy89

Quote from: GEWALT on July 16, 2007, 11:57:58 AM
Gackt = POP. Pop fanbase is a little different then alternative fanbases (mostly) but it seems with vkieee its the same. A big shame and turn off.

Dir en grey's fangirls are just as bad, if not worse, as Gackt's.

Do As Eternity 6

hmmm wells...not only does their look remind me of d'ray but the sound now xD as soon as i heard liquid i thought this yup ...but after a second listen i think i like it morez and they definitely sound new and improved ...the only thing I'm disappointed in is how much under mind and liqud sound just alike i almost forgot the song changed =_=; but i am in love with halt...like truly madly deeply xD jkjk but yea me loves that one *throws cookies* <3

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Tsunetako

.. Why does nobody like Naoto? Naoto is the shit.

Everyone, love Naoto.