News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Himitsu Kessha Codomo A

Started by Alice the Sister, July 12, 2007, 08:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice the Sister

I always kinda liked this band, and I haven't had the chance to listen to they're new band yet, but I was wondering. What's the deal with them? Have they broken up, or is that just a side-project?

Do you like Codomo A?
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

lovetrick

The fat guy sold info about the singer to people. He was reported to the police and the bassist left and the band became defunct~

I never listened to Codomo A. I think I had like one single. The fat guy always made me so unmotivated to listen to them. And my motivation decreased even more when the cutest guy left.

baka_neko

As lovetrick said, the drummer was selling information(and stealing band equipment). The band then lost their drummer and bassist, changed their name to Kibouya Honpo and got 3 new members(2nd vocalist, bassist and drummer). As far as I know, they're still active. They've got a two 3-track maxis coming out next month, I believe.

Alice the Sister

what what was their connection to makaroni?

how many people in Kibouya Honpo were from makaroni?

lovetrick

Eiji and codomo's drummer were from Makaroni. Only Eiji in kibouya honpo.

Culo

Quote from: lovetrick on July 12, 2007, 08:21:21 PM
The fat guy always made me so unmotivated to listen to them. And my motivation decreased even more when the cutest guy left.

LMAO  ::)

anyway, I love Makaroni, CODOMO A and Kibouya honpo.
CODOMO A was like a more "metronome-ized" version of Makaroni. Makaroni had creepy, dark, bizarre music with some polka and circus music thrown in, and lots of traditional good ol' rock and roll songs, still mixed with eiji and the gang's weirdness. If you've already heard Makaroni, expect more of it in CODOMO A but with lots of "8bit pico pico" sounds similar to Metronome, more upbeat. Some songs sounds just like makaroni though, like "sayonara hoshi to boy" (a very painful mid-tempo song which reminds me of makaroni's "boku ga shinu yoru") or "george jetson sentimental" with it's rock and roll and all.
One thing I love in Eiji's music, btw, are the backup chorus in some of the songs... they're awesome and it's something very unique and trademark of eiji's sound.
Kibouya honpo is pretty knew... and now, unlike in Makaroni and CODOMO A, Eiji shares his songwritting with other member, guitarist Takken. He's a good guitarist thought and haves a similar style with Eiji so it's not a big problem, I actually like his songs.
I'm still now sure what to think about the new vocalist.. makes me thing he just made him join the band because he's young (eiji's already in his 30s) so they need to feed the fangirls with fresh flesh, because I don't find really necessary in the band, musically. He doesn't have a strong or characteristic way of singing, I actually doubt he's a trained vocalist. Of course, Eiji isn't either, but he haves the charisma and attitude, and also writes songs, This new guy Haru is.... just there, for the fangirls to look at, I guess.
The new drummer is ex-oto oni which was an awesome band, but I miss Dai, he was an awesome drummer. What? the guy was a criminal? well.. let's just say he was in the criminal label, UNDER CODE, leaded by Kisaki, the tax evad0r crimin4l! (and I never saw any words from Dai in his diary or anywhere else, we don't really know what happened there, so I'll just judge the guy from what he did in the band artistically, and he rocked)
Fag who reads

lovetrick

i think backstabbing a friend is worse than tax evasion, just mho.

Tsunetako

Quote from: lovetrick on July 13, 2007, 05:05:50 AM
i think backstabbing a friend is worse than tax evasion, just mho.

Gotta agree there, not to mention the fact that he gave out Eiji's personal info to 2ch or some shit.

And I cannot believe that Eiji is in his thirties. Damn.

Culo

still havent heard dai's version, we dont really know what happened.
kisaki's dirty business, on the other hand, were on the news.

Fag who reads

Tsunetako

Quote from: Naja on July 13, 2007, 10:02:39 AM
still havent heard dai's version, we dont really know what happened.
kisaki's dirty business, on the other hand, were on the news.

Yeah, I'm sure Dai's just a poor, misunderstood angel.  ::)

Culo

Quote from: Tsunetako on July 13, 2007, 12:35:55 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Dai's just a poor, misunderstood angel.  ::)

:D
were you there?
and nobody says Dai's an angel, he's a good drummer and a charismatic band member on stage. his private life, we dont know shit ,we dont know shit about other band members either, they could be the motherfuckers but so what, they're not misunderstood angels  ???

Alice the Sister: dont pay attention to all this shit, its useless fandom crap. go listen to some Codomo A and Im sure you wont be disappointed  8)
Fag who reads

GEWALT

I think Alice the Sister is pretty smart to make his own decisions.

We all can see how lovetrick makes her decision to listen to a band.

Anyway makaroni was good! Codomo  A too. I don't really care for the new band. damn KISAKI stole Oto-Oni drummer. Yea Dai was saying that even before it was announced that the new drummer was ex-OTO-ONI.  And I was so glad when the bassist left codom A, that guy annoyed me so much with trying to be cute. GTFO

Alice the Sister

Eh well I already have makaroni and Codomo A and Kibouya Honpo discography. I just wanted to learn some history between these groups.

GEWALT

Quote from: Alice the Sister on July 13, 2007, 03:56:54 PM
Eh well I already have makaroni and Codomo A and Kibouya Honpo discography. I just wanted to learn some history between these groups.

Oh yea about Eiji he has his solo chip pop project called DENTAKU. Released some stuff too.
And he used to be in カルト歌謡歌劇団キュウピィ too. i think that was even pre-Makaroni.

Did you know makaroni even made a MD split with Metronome?

Alice the Sister

I actually have the Dentaku release. But I didn't know about the split with Metronome though. I like that kind of stuff.