News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Who's the fifth member in the SUPER BAND? Your predictions...

Started by Yumeko, January 08, 2007, 05:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monophobia Solaris

evlon

Quote from: Monophobia Solaris on February 03, 2007, 11:03:59 AM
Maybe Tetsuya Komuro from globe, he's famous :P

oo, and Yoshiki's (was?) in Globe too... but TK's a litle far fetched, well maybe they can get him to do keyboard/piano when Yoshikiis occupied with drumming XD.
枯れない花は美しくて...

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

Yumeko

I haven't heard anything new for awhile.  Probably we'll eventually get confirmation Miyavi is in it and then we'll start hearing rumors about the 5th member.  When that is finally confirmed then it'll be a little while and we'll probably get the band name and stuff.
drawing by me...

D00m_Panda

^ It won't be a vocalist.  Or a guitarist.  Or anyone else not a bass player.  Why?  Because Gackt, Sugizo, Myv, and Yoshiki have all play instruments other than vocals, guitar, guitar, and piano respectively but are all playing their main instrument in the band.  It will also be someone with industry cred on the bass and a reputation for being the best, as well as an international reputation.
So I think it will be:

1. Tetsu (L'Arc~en~Ciel)
Pro: Was ranked in top 50 bass players in international magazine.  L'Arc internationally is famous.  (probably) knows Gackt since MM and L'Arc were friends back in the day.
Con: Is currently in L'Arc and Tetsu69, although neither seem very active right now and technically Myv, Gackt, and Yoshiki have other projects as well.

2. Hitoki (ex-Kuroyume)
Pro: legendary mad bass skillz, v. famous in Japan
Con: Is Hitoki still in music?  Also, not as well known internationally and not known to be friends with anyone already in the superband.

3. Jiro (Glay)
Pro: v. famous in Japan, also famous internationally, got start on Exstasy records
Con: Glay is still active

4. Toshiya (Dir en grey)
Pro: knows Yoshiki, internationally really really famous
Con: Diru's notoriously crazy touring schedule, Diru is not nearly as famous in Japan as X, Luna Sea, or Gackt (but about the same as Miyavi, so you never know . . .)

5. Seiichi (exCraze, exZi:Kill)
Pro: somewhat famous in Japan among long time Jrock fans, got start on Exstasy records, does not have a current project
Con: No one has heard of Seiichi in the US

6. Heath (ex-X)
Pro: knows Yoshiki, is a decent bassist, famous outside Japan
Con: has dissappeared from the music scene, X is already represented by Yoshiki

People I don't think it will be:
J (if he does fight with Sugizo; Luna Sea already represented)
Yu~ki (much as I like MM, is not a very good bassist)
Kisaki (also not very good at bass, not famous in Japan outside of Visual indies fans, is probably difficult to work with, is in trouble for tax evasion)
Taiji (does not get along with Yoshiki.  at all.)
ANYONE WHO DOES NOT PLAY BASS AS THEIR MAIN INSTRUMENT

MAD STALIN

i dont know whats gonna happen with YOSHIKI, coz i read that TOSHI is going back to X-Japan, with Yoshi, Heat, and Tetsuya Komuro.... ::)

Anonymous_Lulz

Quote from: MAD STALIN on February 24, 2007, 07:10:10 PM
i dont know whats gonna happen with YOSHIKI, coz i read that TOSHI is going back to X-Japan, with Yoshi, Heat, and Tetsuya Komuro.... ::)
are you serious?  i didnt think toshi would leave his cult thingy.

if toshi does go back to X, im sure yoshiki will do the solo thing with gackt and do the X thing with the other guys.   it wouldnt be the first time he's had to multi-task a music career

Formless

Quote from: Legato on February 24, 2007, 07:31:39 PM
Quote from: MAD STALIN on February 24, 2007, 07:10:10 PM
are you serious?  i didnt think toshi would leave his cult thingy.

if toshi does go back to X, im sure yoshiki will do the solo thing with gackt and do the X thing with the other guys.   it wouldnt be the first time he's had to multi-task a music career

Masaya's cult has been broken up for some time now since Masaya's arrest.

ZeroDyne

Did anyone suggest Kenjirou Murai of Cali≠Gari/Sex Machineguns yet?

:D

Akua

Wow...as I come in onto the tail end of this conversation

I would love for it to be Hitoki...I adored him.
...however I doubt it

I'm not so sure about this choice, but it is possible that it could be Ka-Yu from Janne da Arc.  They announced that they were going to be cutting back on activities to allow the members time for solo exploration.

....and Penicillin's bassist, Gisho, just left...

*shrug* that's my 2 cents *fades back into lurker-ville*

Yumeko

^ good suggestions.  I don't know much about the band's members individually; but I think those are good suggestions.
drawing by me...

Akua

I don't really know much about Gisho...but in my opinion, Ka-yu is pretty good.  I wouldn't say that he's the absolute best that I've ever heard, but he does have skill and Janne da Arc is pretty famous in Japan *shrug*

There is still a aprt of me that really hopes that it's Hitoki cause *love* I absolutely adore Kuroyume

kyogasuki

Kisaki -- I think this is going to be one of the coolest, most egoistical bands out there (especially if miyavi and kisaki end up being in it)
Everyone, please continue uploading and seeding! Hopefully the forum can become lively again~!

Yumeko

^I don't really see what's egotisical about it.  If I was doing a collab I'd want to work with the best too; people I know will do a good job and make the project the best.
drawing by me...