News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Who's the fifth member in the SUPER BAND? Your predictions...

Started by Yumeko, January 08, 2007, 05:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yumeko

I don't think there will be a power stuggle.  But from what I gather, Yoshiki and Gackt are the ones that started this project and will probably be the ones to sort of guide it.  Although with Yoshiki's background with helping bands and putting together bands; I think he's the one holding the reigns.  I don't know what exactly their musical style will be; although I swear someone said or read somewhere that it will be rock; but we kinda all knew that anyways LOL.  Right now I'm just hyped about the members and who all will be in it and what the name of the band will be.  I think with who is in it so far we can count on it being rock.  Gackt might be more in pop genre now or skating a fine line between pop and rock; but let's not forget his background.  Anywho...whatever they do I'm sure it'll be good.
drawing by me...

Formless

Quote from: Yumeko on January 15, 2007, 07:09:42 PM
I don't think there will be a power stuggle.  But from what I gather, Yoshiki and Gackt are the ones that started this project and will probably be the ones to sort of guide it.  Although with Yoshiki's background with helping bands and putting together bands; I think he's the one holding the reigns.  I don't know what exactly their musical style will be; although I swear someone said or read somewhere that it will be rock; but we kinda all knew that anyways LOL.  Right now I'm just hyped about the members and who all will be in it and what the name of the band will be.  I think with who is in it so far we can count on it being rock.  Gackt might be more in pop genre now or skating a fine line between pop and rock; but let's not forget his background.  Anywho...whatever they do I'm sure it'll be good.

Actually, Gackt's been more "rock" than he ever has been. DIABOLOS wasn't very varied, but its musical base was rock, as was REDEMPTION. I dunno about his new single. Might be a ballad from the cover, but I think Gackt has a good amount of rocking ability in him.

fangy89

Quote from: Yumeko on January 15, 2007, 07:09:42 PM

I know they all have a rock style to them, or they did at one point, I'm just having a hard time putting Miyavi's guitar playing together with Gackt's vocals...to me it's just a weird combination...but that's just me again lol.

Yumeko

Quote from: Formless on January 15, 2007, 07:12:34 PMActually, Gackt's been more "rock" than he ever has been. DIABOLOS wasn't very varied, but its musical base was rock, as was REDEMPTION. I dunno about his new single. Might be a ballad from the cover, but I think Gackt has a good amount of rocking ability in him.

Well for the most part I've always considered Gackt a bit more on the rock side.  But you can't deny a lot of his music being very pop and ballad.  That's why I say he is skating a fine line.  Diabolos and Redemption were definately rock and I couldn't have been happier of that after his Love Letter album.  I still have (have always had) him listed under JRock on my Ipod :P
drawing by me...

ミ★ s t a r

最近のマイブームは・・・しゃるろっと(笑)

marky

Formless

Quote from: marky on January 16, 2007, 10:29:04 PM
Quote from: yossy on January 16, 2007, 01:26:02 PM
I bet all my money on J or Heath.
luna sea and X are represented already

I don't think it has anything to do with band representation.

Yumeko

^ I don't either.  however I -do- think how famous the person is in the states plays a big role.
drawing by me...

maru

Quote from: Yumeko on January 17, 2007, 07:32:25 AM
^ I don't either.  however I -do- think how famous the person is in the states plays a big role.

nani why USA? not worldwode ... I mean, when the states know something about japanese music stars, I think europe will know it too!

Formless

Quote from: maru on January 17, 2007, 04:17:51 PM
Quote from: Yumeko on January 17, 2007, 07:32:25 AM

nani why USA? not worldwode ... I mean, when the states know something about japanese music stars, I think europe will know it too!

Because Yoshiki said the band will be based in the US.

Yumeko

^ yah exactly.  I know europe will know them too.  But since the band is debuting in the states and I haven't heard anything about touring in europe; I think Yoshiki is just thinking about whose popular amongst the fans here in the states.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: maru on January 13, 2007, 01:29:58 AM
PS: WHAT about Yukke from MUCC?!?! hes one of worlds best bass players, for sure, he gots the feeling! yeah  ;) :) ;D

OMK yukke!!! yukke for the win!!! he's awesome ...he may not be the best technically, i wouldn't know me not being a bassist and all,  but as you said he's got the feeling!!! and usually i don't care so much for the bass but i have such a high respect for yukke because i can truly feel it when he plays =]

ermm... that outburst being said... i wouldn't want him in the group anyway lol I'm actually kind of not looking forward to the group  (and is still holding out hope miyavi won't join ...unless i'm late cuz i haven't been online lately and he actually has o.O) .... not only because my extreme dislike of gackt will make me not want to take a listen -sigh- i like sugizo but not enough ...but then miyavi would be pulling on my heart strings and i really don't think he fits in that band either ...then again we don't know the sound the band will have either but for some reason i highly doubt it will have that miyavi-ness to it quirkiness to it ..and if yukke joined -death- but i highly highly highly highly doubt he would anyway busy with Mucc  yippe!!!

[/rambling]

i actually think the most plausible one would be jiro of glay =] ... that would make most sense to me ... even though i'm not really a big glay fan ( i kind of agree with maru nothing really stands out to me but they are okay and i like a few songs) I think he would fit in with the band and he kind of meets the criteria that was stated on the first page ... except for the fact glay is still together and doing stuff

so in that case hitoki would be next in my opinion

and someone said testu of laruku earlier ... I can totally see that happening if only he wasn;t still in lar'c but ...eh lar'c hasn't been doing too much recently I don't think so he may have the time ...

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

fangy89

Quote from: doaseternity6 on January 18, 2007, 01:23:48 AM
Quote from: maru on January 13, 2007, 01:29:58 AM
PS: WHAT about Yukke from MUCC?!?! hes one of worlds best bass players, for sure, he gots the feeling! yeah  ;) :) ;D

OMK yukke!!! yukke for the win!!! he's awesome ...he may not be the best technically, i wouldn't know me not being a bassist and all,  but as you said he's got the feeling!!! and usually i don't care so much for the bass but i have such a high respect for yukke because i can truly feel it when he plays =]

ermm... that outburst being said... i wouldn't want him in the group anyway lol I'm actually kind of not looking forward to the group  (and is still holding out hope miyavi won't join ...unless i'm late cuz i haven't been online lately and he actually has o.O) .... not only because my extreme dislike of gackt will make me not want to take a listen -sigh- i like sugizo but not enough ...but then miyavi would be pulling on my heart strings and i really don't think he fits in that band either ...then again we don't know the sound the band will have either but for some reason i highly doubt it will have that miyavi-ness to it quirkiness to it ..and if yukke joined -death- but i highly highly highly highly doubt he would anyway busy with Mucc  yippe!!!

[/rambling]

i actually think the most plausible one would be jiro of glay =] ... that would make most sense to me ... even though i'm not really a big glay fan ( i kind of agree with maru nothing really stands out to me but they are okay and i like a few songs) I think he would fit in with the band and he kind of meets the criteria that was stated on the first page ... except for the fact glay is still together and doing stuff

so in that case hitoki would be next in my opinion

and someone said testu of laruku earlier ... I can totally see that happening if only he wasn;t still in lar'c but ...eh lar'c hasn't been doing too much recently I don't think so he may have the time ...

w00t! Yay for hating Gackt! *high-fives*

Yumeko

^ LOL well that's fine and all.  Not everyone has to like Gackt.  But let's not let this thread turn into a Gackt bashing thread.  This is meant for discussing who the 5th member might be.
drawing by me...

fangy89

Quote from: Yumeko on January 18, 2007, 06:10:25 AM
^ LOL well that's fine and all.  Not everyone has to like Gackt.  But let's not let this thread turn into a Gackt bashing thread.  This is meant for discussing who the 5th member might be.

Sorry...I'm not trying to turn this into one...it's just that me and doaseternity6 have a (small) history of random moments that kinda spill over into a full drawn-out conversation. *remembers the Diru thread*  ;D