News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Video Game Music

Started by joesushi, November 05, 2007, 05:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joesushi

Some of my favorite game soundtracks include the Streets of Rage series, and the Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune series. Both composed by Yuzo Koshiro. The Sonic and Mario games also had great music but lately Ive been enjoying the Armored Core Silient Line OST, the blend of electronic and orchestral elements is amazing. So what are your favorite game songs or osts?

カレン

Silent Hill :3

I also like the soundtracks for the first DMC, the Spyro games, Final Fantasy IX and X, and um, lol, Riven.
誰も知らない世界で 流し続けた涙と嘘を隠す
果てしない空の下で
何も見えない視界で 重ね続けた願いを描いて
潤んだ目が渇く日まで

Culo

One of my favorite soundtracks ever is the Super Castlevania IV one, it's incredible what they did back in 1991 with the SNES sound chip. I even bought the akumajou dracula best 2 CD-set for this soundtrack, it's the only OST I own.
The Sonic games for Genesis have also some of the most memorable tunes... especially 1 and 2. "Green Hill Zone", "Marble Zone", "Aquatic Ruins Zone", "Death Egg Zone", etc... all classics. Sonic 3 & Knuckles also had some awesome ones like "Hydrocity Zone", "Flying Battery Zone" and "Sky Sanctuary Zone".
Koji Kondo, of course I love his works... some of my favorite works from him are the Super Mario World OST (the "Forest of Illusion" map bgm is awesome) and the Zelda Ocarina and Majora ones.
Other OSTs I love include the Goemon/Mystical Ninja series, F-ZERO X, Twin Bee, NiGHTS, Streets of Rage, Guilty Gear X, Donkey Kong Country series, Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden 2, and lots more.

ps: just for kicks, one of the most awesome songs in the videogame history.  8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRj7XVFd3Ic
Fag who reads

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

Only soundtracks worthy of a listen are Rareware game OST's or... Zelda and final fantasy! all the sort of fantasy games are nice
ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

Username

Mega Man X, Doom, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy
Soulseek name: Cactuar

Do As Eternity 6

meh i;m not big on game music but i admit i love the Kingdom hearts soundtracks ...kaoru wada ftw.

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

baka_neko

My favorites are probably um... Guilty Gear XX #Reload Korean OST and the Dracula Perfect Battle cds. I guess you could also include Tears For The Lovers, but thats a doujin cd remixing the Y's OST with guitars n shiz. If anyone wants an awesome place to download full OSTs just go to http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/view-all . They've got just about every game OST you could ever want (even Chu Chu Rocket! FTW!). It is a bit tedious to dl them one track at a time, but the speeds are pretty good :-*

nijuu_rasen

some of me fav. OST's are...

Silent Hill 2 & 3 (3 has singing! :D),
not sure if you can really call em OST's but the BGM to Project Zero 1-3, and Kuon
Dead or Alive 2
Final Fantasy VII (VIII & IX too)
... Otogi 2 (DoRe's song from the game is one of my favs)
Soul Calibur series ^-^ (and Soul Edge, Khan Super sessions and the arrangements too)

nijuu_rasen

oh yeh and the BGM for (Forbidden) Siren 1 & 2

Vessicator

Quote from: joesushi on November 05, 2007, 05:33:19 AM
Some of my favorite game soundtracks include the Streets of Rage series, and the Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune series. Both composed by Yuzo Koshiro. The Sonic and Mario games also had great music but lately Ive been enjoying the Armored Core Silient Line OST, the blend of electronic and orchestral elements is amazing. So what are your favorite game songs or osts?

Fuck yeah I love Yuzo Koshiro. But I can't found Castlevania SOTN :[
Also: MGS3 is delicious.

fangy89

Mmm...Shadow of the Colossus is definitely my favorite. I also like the soundtracks to Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy IX, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Ozar Midrashim = ♥), God of War, Parasite Eve, and pretty much all the Twisted Metal and Metal Gear: Solid games.

Champ213

Soul Calibur II + III, Final Fantasy VII, Myst and, umm.... Monkey Island?

These are probably some 50% of all games I ever played in my life, so I can't really compare much.

nijuu_rasen

aah yeh twisted metal black ^-^, and mgs 3 was pretty immense ("snaaaaaake eaaaaaaaaaater" etc etc)

signal to noise

definitely into Megaman for music. Tekken has some pretty great music now and then too. i really liked some of the stage songs for Tekken 5.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

I like Jet set radio - jet set radio future, Persona series ost - especially errors of their youth CD, Silent hill 2 - 4 and SH5 sound should be great too;
Dead or alive 2 had really great sound, though DOA3 and 4 suck imho;
final fantasy VI opening is the greatest jrpg theme I've ever heard;
I also liked Lunar - silver star story and eternal blue tracks;
Klonoa 2 and Ico tunes also left something after hearing.

upd. Sonic the hedgehog 3 for MD :333