News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

oshare kei

Started by Culo, August 26, 2007, 02:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like oshare kei?

LOVE IT. I only listen to it.
2 (2.9%)
fucking HATE IT.
17 (24.3%)
LOVE IT. but occasionally i listen to other kinf of bands.
5 (7.1%)
I can listen to both oshare and non-oshare bands equally.
32 (45.7%)
I ignore it.
14 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 69

marron_san

it's nice to listen to some oshare kei bands. in most of situations they cheer me up and make me laugh hard for example AILE, their music is so sweet that i can't stop listening to it. as well, they are cute dorks.
sometimes even if the vocal is really crappy, like for SMILE, the lyrics are so funny that i enjoy listen to it <3

we shouldn't get oshare kei so serious. it's music for make us happy.
if you don't like it, don't listen to it.

@lovetrick: I was gay~告白~ or Pretty♥Vacation -夏-, haha <3

lovetrick

klavierbarrette

Quote from: marron_san on September 07, 2007, 02:22:53 AM
we shouldn't get oshare kei so serious. it's music for make us happy.
if you don't like it, don't listen to it.
you make a very good point that a lot of people don't get or bring up (or at least i haven't seen it much)

oshare-kei is not 'serious'.  i think it's serious in a sense that they're bands making music and wanting to sell and all that, but for the most part, they're silly and stuff compared to any other bands.  it's mostly to make fans happy (with the exception of a few songs of course) and if people don't like it, i think they should ignore it, or at least dismiss it respectfully.  there's always a genre people don't like. 

i know the bright colors can sometimes be distracting, but my god man, you don't like it, there's no reason to go on a tangent.  k? ;) it just makes whoever look closeminded and often, dumb.

i really have no idea what compeled me to write this but yeah.  i don't care what you think of me.

lovetrick

This is what irks me about oshare! People call AILE oshare because of their bright colors, but how many of AILE's songs aren't serious? The two songs they made pvs for, Romance Senki and Pretty Vacation, may be light hearted, but if you go out of your way to listen to them, you have songs like White Dear and Endless Sorrow (even going back to Tousetuka, or even further to Hakua no Tsubasa) that are anything but happy.

klavierbarrette

to be honest not a lot of an cafe's are either.  i was kinda shocked when i saw them.  only recently have they been making a lot more happy/funny ones that i've noticed.

lovetrick

klavierbarrette

lol i dont pay attention to many translations.  i did know about AILE, from your entries in your journal or the comm you have, i forget which.  prob both?

i forget what they say usually anyways.

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

Quote from: lovetrick on September 07, 2007, 07:57:32 PM
This is what irks me about oshare! People call AILE oshare because of their bright colors, but how many of AILE's songs aren't serious? The two songs they made pvs for, Romance Senki and Pretty Vacation, may be light hearted, but if you go out of your way to listen to them, you have songs like White Dear and Endless Sorrow (even going back to Tousetuka, or even further to Hakua no Tsubasa) that are anything but happy.

yeh i agree.... its like lolita23q... both bands are hardly oshare... other than their looks...
ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

Do As Eternity 6

you know ...it took me forever to realize lolita23q were even oshare =_=;

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

lovetrick

Do As Eternity 6

really? why do people always lump them in with oshare-kei then? it's really confusing me because they don't seem oshare at all to me but that's what i've always been told that they are =_=

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

shogu

Well, since many people tend to classify bands based only on their looks, many bands are wrongfully put into Oshare-kei genre. XD

A part of me die everytime I see people tagging メロ as oshare. :/

lovetrick

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on September 10, 2007, 05:14:57 PM
really? why do people always lump them in with oshare-kei then? it's really confusing me because they don't seem oshare at all to me but that's what i've always been told that they are =_=

because people are dumb.

Do As Eternity 6

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

klavierbarrette

they used to look oshare SOMETIMES, ban just sorta threw everyone off.  ban is so lovable though.

then people would see their videos and go 'wth???'

i guess its sorta how people sometimes lump ayabie in oshare?  i dunno.