News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

oshare kei

Started by Culo, August 26, 2007, 02:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like oshare kei?

LOVE IT. I only listen to it.
2 (2.9%)
fucking HATE IT.
17 (24.3%)
LOVE IT. but occasionally i listen to other kinf of bands.
5 (7.1%)
I can listen to both oshare and non-oshare bands equally.
32 (45.7%)
I ignore it.
14 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Culo

Hi.. I've been noticing that lately there's a LOT of oshare kei bands forming.
I know it's.. natural, it's what sells more, since it's not a secret most VK fans are teenager girls who also listen or used to listen to the backstreet boys and the like, but I think it's kind of scary the amount of oshare stuff that's been appearing since the past few years.
Now, I love some VK bands but I know the scene is not something to be proud of, and while I will defend the bands I like, I'll be the first one in critisize what I think puts VK in shame (for instance, the fandom).
Anyway this is not in the flame pit so it's not intended to offend anyone, if you like oshare kei, I'd like to know why... if it's just because of the looks, if it's because you fantasize with marrying the members or just two of them having a gay relationship, if it's because you like pop music with a bit of guitars, or what.

I'm still pondering.. for now I'm between "I hate it" and "I ignore it".

ikimashou
Fag who reads

GEWALT

Hate it.

Reason? Listen to Aile and other shit.

Tsunetako

I like some of the poppy, electronic stuff. Just because the music isn't HXC ANGST doesn't mean it doesn't have any artistic merit. I think the whole level of hatred for oshare kei in general is ridiculous and juvenile. Sort of like the metalheads who call rap as a whole shitty.

(But most of the bands DO suck)

lovetrick

gay

Cheer up emo fucks.

カレン

A lot of the bands are terrible, but as the above poster said, sometimes you just want to listen to something fun. I don't listen to music because I think it's good, I listen to it because it's fun. Some oshare included. Granted I like old oshare more: Charlotte, Heart, Vinett. Also, Irokui, but I can't stand to listen to them, I only liked them live.

Oshare lives are great fun, if you like acting like an idiot.

To the OP: I don't know why people get so up in arms over it. Oshare is not taking over J-rock. It's not a new phenomenon. The heavier J-rock that's been popping up? That's a newer, more prevalent movement.

What you have to understand is the majority of Japanese visual fans aren't in it for the music. They're in it for the band members and the lives.
誰も知らない世界で 流し続けた涙と嘘を隠す
果てしない空の下で
何も見えない視界で 重ね続けた願いを描いて
潤んだ目が渇く日まで

Do As Eternity 6

hehe i knew it was only a matter of time before this came up =P

I like some of the poppy, electronic stuff. Just because the music isn't HXC ANGST doesn't mean it doesn't have any artistic merit. I think the whole level of hatred for oshare kei in general is ridiculous and juvenile. Sort of like the metalheads who call rap as a whole shitty.

ditto

I don't really get the whole "OMG oshare kei is shit." movement. for one thing i don't get what's so wrong with a bit of up bit music ya know... and imho not every oshare band has omg sugary high happy happy fun time music. Sure there are terrible bands, for example i myself can't stand maybe the most prevalent faces of the scene an cafe, but not every band sounds like them and not every band should be lumped into the crap category. there's this big deal about oshare being garbage but there's crap in every genre of music. I say deal with it and lighten up a bit ...if you don't like it ignore it but i'm tired of people bitching about it all the time =/

as for why i listen to it, same reason i listen to any other type of music. When i hear a song and it sounds good i like it. I don't pick and choose what songs or artist i like based on genre so it would be pointless for me to say why i listen to said genre. I like certain bands in this field because their music sounds good to me not for the simple fact that they are oshare. If i hear a song and it gives me a feeling whether it be happy, sad, angry; i just want to groove to it or the different parts leave me in awe then i will like it =] that is all that matters...

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Culo

Quote from: archaela on August 26, 2007, 03:28:57 AM
What you have to understand is the majority of Japanese visual fans aren't in it for the music. They're in it for the band members and the lives.

I know that, I read 2ch XD

BTW I forgot to mention, I actually do like 1 oshare band: Parfait. Just because two members there used to be in a great band called SyvaR..., and Parfait haves a similar sound (except more upbeat and happy, the oshare trademark... but still similar syvar compositions and synth/programming). So it's not like I'm a closed person who thinks all oshare is crap just because is oshare... just I've tried a lot of oshare in the past and they're all totally not of my taste (same can be said about the omg old sk00l matina bands anyway).
But yeah just like in the late 90s all the indies bands were dressing with black leather and colorful hairs, yet their music lacked any talent.. I think same is happening with oshare in the late 00's.
Fag who reads

reddish

If it sounds good I'll listen to it.

I just happen to listen to "HXC ANGST" more often.
Something about a man growling.. okay so maybe it isn't so much for the angst >_>;;;

Masik

oshare kei is a reason why i stop to listen vk xP

琴乃

I don't like oshare kei, most of the bands have really crappy stuff, and the looks are pretty ridiculous. Also, the vocals tend to be annoying.

klavierbarrette

i haven't been listening to much oshare lately but i like it along with the harder stuff.  i've sort of fallen out of a lot of oshare stuff lately, except for the fashion.

baka_neko

Personally I like to listen to oshare kei, but it doesn't stop there. I just listen to a lot of things regardless of genre as long as it sounds good to me. Most of the time oshare makes me happy listening to it and well... as much as I love listening to dark depressing generic VK songs all the time, it makes for a nice break from the norm. I don't like how theres all this hate on oshare that like.. just because they're cute looking/sounding that they automatically suck and can't play worth anything. OH and since it might make a difference, I like oshare for the sound not the looks.

Vessicator

Dude where did 4skin, go? She was hot TAT

Does SID count as oshare or are they J-Pop now?

カレン

Well since Japan likes to base what scene you belong to from where you started, then SID are far from oshare. I guess they used to be something akin to angura. But now they're just crap.
誰も知らない世界で 流し続けた涙と嘘を隠す
果てしない空の下で
何も見えない視界で 重ね続けた願いを描いて
潤んだ目が渇く日まで

Vessicator

Quote from: archaela on August 28, 2007, 02:37:44 PM
Well since Japan likes to base what scene you belong to from where you started, then SID are far from oshare. I guess they used to be something akin to angura. But now they're just crap.

TAT