News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Dir en Grey live

Started by residentevilrulz, August 04, 2006, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yumeko

LOL, I was wondering that to.  Besides the one band that was from boston, most of them were from the south.  And especially when Deg was on, I kept wondering if they've ever been in such cold weather.  Then again, Japan has some cold winters too, but it was begining of september and it was so cold I could see my breath.  It was winter weather.  Did it actually snow?  I know it rained, but I didn't notice it snowed.
drawing by me...

TeamAwesome

yeah, snow did put on a great show!... >>

I've been in Japan for 6months and havn't been to any concerts, isn't that ironic? mind you, I'm really busy with school, so I doubt I'd have the chance... actually I'm going to see Skoop on Somebody soon, free concert =D

from all of the lives I've seen in video of Diru, Kyo is great, different every time, but great! =D

sto0fo0

I saw him Diru play this September and he seemed fine to me. Kyo was all over the stage. It was the last show of the American tour so maybe he just gave all that day but he seemed great. Shook their hands too  8)

BLame8008

Quote from: Milkthief on September 03, 2006, 11:42:20 AM
I've seen Dir en grey live twice now. Once in Tokyo once in LA
I do like Dir en grey, however thier lives SUCK.
Yeah I was at the LA show too.. Kyo doesnt sing nearly as much as he should during songs. The best live shows I've seen are Deadman, Sex Machineguns, Kagrra and MUCC. They actually sound better live than they do on CD.

I dont mean to sound like an ass but you can't deny that their live shows (these days) fail.

I disagree.

Before I went to the FVT tour to see Korn and Diru, I had only liked Diru. I mean all I had heard of from them were their Kisou and Missa albums so... I wasn't sure what to expect.

In retrospect, Kyo definitely didn't sing all his lyrics and was quite hoarse but I can absolutely say that the moment Diru got on stage and started... I was so captivated by their performance that I didn't even notice anything was wrong (not that anything was, mind you).

Dir En Grey is just as good live as they have ever been (though this has been the first DeG concert I've been too). Seeing them live has really made me love them cause you can absolutely feel how much they love performing and making music while they're onstage. I think it helped that I was no less than 7 feet away from the stage. <~~been converted to a hardcore Die fan.

Anyways, if anybody gets the chance, please, go see them live. They are really amazing live.

and TeamAwesome I hope you get to go to more concerts while you're in Japan. I wanna go to Japan for study abroad and I plan to go to as many concerts as possible... even if it kills me! lolz

TeamAwesome

You know whats funny? At the Skoop on Somebody concert (it was actually Music City Tenjin, a weekend event of street side bands playing for nothing, promotional stuff) I was given a nice bag of goodies (the Japs love to give shit away), but in there I found a nice list of bands playing in Fukuoka for the next three months, and on the second page there was a nice picture of our beloved Diru, right there! Not to mention Plastic Tree, but it's getting near christmas and I am running out of money, I have saved enough for Diru, but Plastic Tree is a toughy!

I guess I'll give my own feedback on what I think about Diru when I get back from the concert eh?

as for studying abroad, go for it ;) I'm only a high school student, and their high school is freaking tough, but if you go for a college, Japanese college life seems awesome ^^

btw, you say you saw Korn AND Diru, but said Kyo's voice was coarse... KORN DAMN IT... CAPTAIN COARSE VOCAL o.O

Formless

Quote from: TeamAwesome on November 09, 2006, 10:10:54 AM

btw, you say you saw Korn AND Diru, but said Kyo's voice was coarse... KORN DAMN IT... CAPTAIN COARSE VOCAL o.O

Yeah, but that's how Jonathan Davis has always been singing. Kyo isn't nearly as good live as he was a few years ago when I saw them for CODE of VULGAR[ism] couples-only show.

sillyxjuney

actually.... i never see them live.

but they're playing here in New York next year in February... idk if i want to see them.

Karasu

Well I dont know about all you guys...but Kyo was dead on perfect at my show when I saw them in Tampa. It was an amazing performance, especially hearing Kodoku ni etc etc, and Ryoujoku no Ame.

yo-chan_x

I confess... I've seen them 4 times already.
And every show was unique and awesome. Kyo doesn't try to sing like the taking from the album. That entirely isn't the intent of the performance. It seems more like expressing of moods than only singing his part. On every live he changes the lyrics a bit to suit his mood and to express his feelings (at least it seems to me for that reason). No song sounds the same two times.
Not just the vocals are adjusted Kyo's emotions but his behaviour on stage too. When he is happy he doesn't cut his chest that much as when he is annoyed or bothered. That depends on the reaction of the audience as well.
Par example the two concerts in May this year were quite the opposites of performance possible to me.
Berlin was fun. Everyone was screaming along with the lyrics (I think it was Kaoru who said in an interview later on that they had to play parts instinctively since they couldn't hear themselves  8)). Kyo played with the crowd, danced around his mic, posed and smiled a lot. I don't know whether the a capella was planned that day or not, but it was wonderful and proved everyone who didn't believe Kyo can sing otherwise. It is amazing to hear him sing when the whole crowd that is screaming the whole time gets silent in an instant... On that concert Kyo scratched himself once, but wasn't encouraged to do more. Perhaps I imagine things, but he had a very content expression on his face (as far as I can tell from a distance of about 7 feet ^_^).
Cologne was frustrating. Security started to hand out water to the people and a lot of people were screaming for water not for Dir en Grey. They performed outstanding, but the audience didn't react that much. I don't know why  ???. Since the day before Kyo was cheered on on every move he made of his playing, he made some of the same things too in order to entertain, but not many were as animated as the day before. The concert had a very tense atmosphere. Kyo didn't smile at all and seemed quite depressed to me (what I can understand fully!). I think the most reaction they got as Kyo started to scratch and cut himself... That was the most frustrating thing to me, since I saw how it could be the day before T_T. During the a capella, that Kyo tried (it seemed not that spontaneous), people didn't cease to scream for water (or Kaoru >_<). All in all for me it is depressing to think about it. The behavior of the audience, didn't affect the proficiency of the performance though. Dir en Grey made a great show for those who were receptive to it.

I can't wait seeing them again next year, when G.D.S starts and the audience goes crazy again like in Berlin *dreaming*...

@-,-'--

Since concert experiences are very individual I think I should emphasize that this is MY impression and if anyone was there too and think different I can handle it.

maru

Quote from: yo-chan_x on November 12, 2006, 02:56:55 PM
I confess... I've seen them 4 times already.
And every show was unique and awesome. Kyo doesn't try to sing like the taking from the album. That entirely isn't the intent of the performance. It seems more like expressing of moods than only singing his part. On every live he changes the lyrics a bit to suit his mood and to express his feelings (at least it seems to me for that reason). No song sounds the same two times.
Not just the vocals are adjusted Kyo's emotions but his behaviour on stage too. When he is happy he doesn't cut his chest that much as when he is annoyed or bothered. That depends on the reaction of the audience as well.
Par example the two concerts in May this year were quite the opposites of performance possible to me.
Berlin was fun. Everyone was screaming along with the lyrics (I think it was Kaoru who said in an interview later on that they had to play parts instinctively since they couldn't hear themselves  8)). Kyo played with the crowd, danced around his mic, posed and smiled a lot. I don't know whether the a capella was planned that day or not, but it was wonderful and proved everyone who didn't believe Kyo can sing otherwise. It is amazing to hear him sing when the whole crowd that is screaming the whole time gets silent in an instant... On that concert Kyo scratched himself once, but wasn't encouraged to do more. Perhaps I imagine things, but he had a very content expression on his face (as far as I can tell from a distance of about 7 feet ^_^).
Cologne was frustrating. Security started to hand out water to the people and a lot of people were screaming for water not for Dir en Grey. They performed outstanding, but the audience didn't react that much. I don't know why  ???. Since the day before Kyo was cheered on on every move he made of his playing, he made some of the same things too in order to entertain, but not many were as animated as the day before. The concert had a very tense atmosphere. Kyo didn't smile at all and seemed quite depressed to me (what I can understand fully!). I think the most reaction they got as Kyo started to scratch and cut himself... That was the most frustrating thing to me, since I saw how it could be the day before T_T. During the a capella, that Kyo tried (it seemed not that spontaneous), people didn't cease to scream for water (or Kaoru >_<). All in all for me it is depressing to think about it. The behavior of the audience, didn't affect the proficiency of the performance though. Dir en Grey made a great show for those who were receptive to it.

I can't wait seeing them again next year, when G.D.S starts and the audience goes crazy again like in Berlin *dreaming*...

@-,-'--

Since concert experiences are very individual I think I should emphasize that this is MY impression and if anyone was there too and think different I can handle it.

nice what u talk about berlin, it was the same thing to me (may 2005! - I couldn'T go this year, had to pass my f**king alevels T-T no mucc no diru *drop*) I was so damn impressed by his voice and acting performence that i started to like diru! (even the albums XD) The Live there is something that cant be compared to any live dvd!!!

yo-chan_x

Yes. Last year I saw them too. I was obsessed before, but nothing really NOTHING is like the Live live ^_^.
I hope for a DVD from this year Berlin-concert though. This year there were that many cameras (at least 15-20), I can't imagine this was not for a live dvd. I'm looking forward to see, if a dvd is anything else of an experience if you was there when it was made... At least you can watch what you've seen over and over again @.@ 
As for your alevels... My condolence to you. I had my final exam in Latin this year on the day Plastic Tree played... T_T (At least I passed it) and was on study trip in Italy the whole time during Blood Tour in April... T_T.

maru

Quote from: yo-chan_x on November 12, 2006, 07:06:17 PM
Yes. Last year I saw them too. I was obsessed before, but nothing really NOTHING is like the Live live ^_^.
I hope for a DVD from this year Berlin-concert though. This year there were that many cameras (at least 15-20), I can't imagine this was not for a live dvd. I'm looking forward to see, if a dvd is anything else of an experience if you was there when it was made... At least you can watch what you've seen over and over again @.@ 
As for your alevels... My condolence to you. I had my final exam in Latin this year on the day Plastic Tree played... T_T (At least I passed it) and was on study trip in Italy the whole time during Blood Tour in April... T_T.

;D i wasn't alone suffering ... XD 2006 concerts in germany had all so bad timings T-T!!! hope next year mucc, gazette and diru will come again and rock the house XD >_<"

yo-chan_x

;D i wasn't alone suffering ... XD 2006 concerts in germany had all so bad timings T-T!!! hope next year mucc, gazette and diru will come again and rock the house XD >_<"

Dir en Grey and Gazette have announced their coming already and with Mucc I think that as well.
Kaoru said sometime last year, Dir en Grey will come to Europe every year from now on.
After the second concert of Gazette, Reita said "Wir kommen wieder" (We will come again).
And Mucc played 3 concerts this year, I think they have reason to come back ^_^.
I will definitely be there!

@-,-'--

maru

Quote from: yo-chan_x on November 12, 2006, 08:58:09 PM

Dir en Grey and Gazette have announced their coming already and with Mucc I think that as well.
Kaoru said sometime last year, Dir en Grey will come to Europe every year from now on.
After the second concert of Gazette, Reita said "Wir kommen wieder" (We will come again).
And Mucc played 3 concerts this year, I think they have reason to come back ^_^.
I will definitely be there!

@-,-'--

That are REALLY GOOD news XD ...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Well I have to store some money then!! ^-^" ::) :P

BLame8008

Quote from: TeamAwesome on November 09, 2006, 10:10:54 AM
You know whats funny? At the Skoop on Somebody concert (it was actually Music City Tenjin, a weekend event of street side bands playing for nothing, promotional stuff) I was given a nice bag of goodies (the Japs love to give shit away), but in there I found a nice list of bands playing in Fukuoka for the next three months, and on the second page there was a nice picture of our beloved Diru, right there! Not to mention Plastic Tree, but it's getting near christmas and I am running out of money, I have saved enough for Diru, but Plastic Tree is a toughy!

I guess I'll give my own feedback on what I think about Diru when I get back from the concert eh?

as for studying abroad, go for it ;) I'm only a high school student, and their high school is freaking tough, but if you go for a college, Japanese college life seems awesome ^^

OMG TeamAwesome Korn was absolutely amazing LIVE. I've always loved them so seeing them was absolutely wonderful for me. Though, to tell you the truth, I didn't think Kyo was so bad at vocals. I think at lives, frankly, you don't notice. They are so captivating live... I was just smiling like a lunatic, laughing, and having so much fun. I think that's why Die smiled at me cause I was truly having fun... and I think they appreciate that.

yo-chan-x, I'm so jealous! You got to see them 4 times? That's amazing! And Europe is so lucky to get Diru, Gazette, and MUCC so often! The next step is America (Gazette!!!)

Anyways, I'll keep that in mind. (The more Kyo cuts, the unhappier he is) so I'll make sure to make it a good concert for them so he won't cut as much! I'm going to see them three times for their upcoming February 2007 tour! NYC, Philly, and Baltimore! I just got my tickets and I'm hella excited!