News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Dir en Grey live

Started by residentevilrulz, August 04, 2006, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signal to noise

Quote from: lainxwired on February 05, 2007, 10:40:50 PM
Yeah, i saw them last Saturday. It was really great!!!! I also saw them in LA in '06, and I think that they played better this time.

do you have the setlist written up? i wanna get an idea to what they are playing...
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

lainxwired

I really can't remember the setlist. Im sorry. The songs agitated screams of maggots and right after, Obscure, stick out though cause they had the videos in the back playing too.

signal to noise

ok i went to the show in Boston the other night, and i couldnt memorize the setlist, but this is what i think it is.. (all the songs are right, but the order might be a bit jumbled)

-Setlist-
G.D.S
The Fatal Believer
Agitated Screams of Maggots
Mr Newsman
Saku
Grief
The Deeper Vileness
Kodoku Ni Shisu Yueni Kodoku
Itoshisa Wa Fufai Nitsuki (with a changed vocal arrangement)
Obscure
Merciless Cult
Shokubeni
Ryoujoku no Ame
The Final
Dead Tree

-Encore-
C
Garbage
The IIID Empire
Clever Sleazoid

it was a really good show aside from the stupid little bitches trying to push their way up to the front. i was in the second "row", and i caught Kaoru's water bottle  ;D I also got to buy 5 Ugly Kingdom and Average Fury as well as some shirts, but they didnt have Six Ugly or Average Psycho  :-\
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Anonymous_Lulz

what was the price of the albums and shirts. im going to the one in tempe on the 21st and i want to know how much money to carry with me

signal to noise

Quote from: Legato on February 10, 2007, 07:12:18 AM
what was the price of the albums and shirts. im going to the one in tempe on the 21st and i want to know how much money to carry with me

there are two tour shirts, both are 25. they only full length cd they had was the US release of Withering to Death, which was like 15 i think. they also had the singles for Ryoujoku no Ame and Agitated Screams of Maggots which were both 12. they also randomly had the remix cd Kai for 30.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

all i have to sa is i need to make a shirt that says ...

"I survived the NYC pit @ dir en grey inward scream 07"

because the pit was fucking brutal.... and i'm short and not very strong ... and by the time agitated screams of maggot started i was surrounded by burly guys and diesel girls ....and all the poor little girls were being taken out one by one xD i mean the madness started as soon a flipin bleed the dream came on >.< iono before the show started i took off my earrings and was like ...I have a bad feeling turned to my friend and my sister said take off your earrings and they looked like what o.O why? and then when the crowd surged forward and after the first song was done the earrings were out and everyone looked scared and like WTF? out of my group of about 11 people ..only 4 of us remained in the pit till the end one of which actually left the pit  dring fair to midland and then came back in when diru came on >.< but anyway even though it was fucking brutal ...dir en grey themselves were freaken awesome ^^  ..the pit was better at FVT but dir en grey was far better here for sure >.< i think they were totally feeding off the crazyness of the crowd because it seemed like everytime a little girl got taken out the pit he got crazier and more energetic lol ...anyway i guess i'll say more about the show later ...i'm still tired...have an assignment due for Ap english and my throat is and face is sore as hell xD ...but it was worth it xD

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Formless

Here's the NYC setlist that I took down last night.

G.D.S.
The Fatal Believer
Agitated Screams of Maggots
Mr. NEWSMAN
The Deeper Vileness
-saku-
GRIEF
Itoshisa ha fuhai ni tsuki (new version)
Kodoku ni shisu, yueni kodoku
OBSCURE
Ryoujoku no Ame
audience KILLER LOOP
Merciless Cult
The Final
dead tree
-encore-
C
The IIID Empire
Beautiful Dirt
CLEVER SLEAZOID

Do As Eternity 6

the only thing is that C was actually part of the encore =]

also what did you think of the show? did you have fun ;3

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

signal to noise

damn i really wanted to hear Beautiful Dirt. oh well, at Boston i got Garbage instead, which is also a great song. that was one of the only differences in sets between the Boston and New York show. that switch and the switch of Shokubeni at the Boston show and Audience Killer Loop at NY (but i didnt care too much since i already saw them play Audience Killer Loop at FVT)
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Formless

Quote from: doaseternity6 on February 12, 2007, 02:10:18 AM
the only thing is that C was actually part of the encore =]

also what did you think of the show? did you have fun ;3

Yeah, I was wondering that. I thought it was, but I wasn't sure, but that's the correct order at least!

I had fun for the most part. Not the best concert I've been to. Pretty mediocre. Not great, but not bad! Just good. I'm an avid concert goer, so I'm hard to please unless there's an incredible setlist and insane lightshow.

Do As Eternity 6

that's true i wished they had played shokubeni o.O that would have been awesome ...but eh A.K.L. is always fun xD

@formless:  that's cool ..it's only the third concert i've been too so i guess i'm not as experienced with them... so for me it was the best one i've been too... it was alot of fun and also since i was basically out on the line since 7:30 with my friends ( i actually woke up at 4:00 since i takes about an 1hr and a half and then the train left very late >.<) ... it was soo much fun out there with them but actually dammit after all those hours in the cold i was intent on having the best time i could ...

I wonder if maybe it would've been better had i gone with 2 of my friends on the 2nd level but iono it still ended up being pretty damn awesome even though instead of having my full attention on the show i also had to figure out how to survive lol

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Yumeko

I can't believe I lived :P

First off it was cold as fuck and I got there a couple hours early so I could get up to the stage.  It was snowing and I actually started to worry if I'd get frost bite lol.  It was probably like 10 degrees; but it felt like 0 or 2.

I was at the concert in Detroit and man it was CRAZY!!!  It wasn't really bad until Fair to Midland (which may I add sucked) got off and people knew Dir en grey was next.  People started pushing from one side so they could get the equipment off stage and then when that was over people started pushing from the other side and then the front and the back.  I was about 10ft from the stage and in the middle with my two very short girl friends and my brother who is about 6ft1in and very strong might I add.

My body was seriously getting contorted and I swore if people pushed on me anymore I would've been smothered or had my wrist broken.  It was so hot I felt as if I was going to pass out and so many people were pushing that with all the weight being put on me I fell to the ground.  Some people were actually shouting "Someone fell stop pushing!"  But it didn't make much of a difference.  Thankfully my friend who was close enough and some guy helped me to my feet.  I didn't bother to take my earrings out and I wear glasses; now that I think about it I'm very lucky my earrings didn't get pulled out or my glasses falling off and getting broken.  As it was my jacket was getting pulled off of me.

When Dir en grey came on it got worse and when the first song started and people started jumping I couldn't take it and I was getting hurt.  My entire right arm and leg are really sore as well as my back.  It was a task to get out of there but I was able to.  My younger brother was actually really worried and later said at one point he saw my face and then people moved and I disappeared and he could see my friends and I being pushed from side to side.  As I was saying; thanks to him and using his giant strength; he pushed people out of the way and cleared a path.

Thankfully there was a balcony that went around the perimeter of the club and it wasn't too packed so we all went up there and could actually -see- Dir en grey and had lots of room to move around and could actually sit and lean on the railing and have a really good time.  We were still in the middle and not too far away.  Actually we were still very close, the venue wasn't that big.  But we could see the mosh pit we -were- in and were thankful we got out.    At one point people were throwing fists and in the back of the crowd was this circular opening  where inside people were thrashing violently into each other; at one point this one guy picked up another by his arms and swung him around so he could kick out both feet at eye level.  People were being carried out by bouncers and EMS and I just kept thinking to myself how I was so glad to be where I was.

It was a little sad when Shinya threw out drumsticks to the crowd where we were.  There were guitar picks being thrown into the crowd and water bottles and I was like 'damn I was there' but I know I wouldn't have been able to catch anything and might've gotten beat up if I had.  On top of that people weren't allowed to keep the bottles anyways.  $500 fine if you did.  The only souvenier I bought was the leather wrist band that said DIRENGREY for $10.  But more memorable then that will be the mosh pit and firm reminder that if I go to a concert like this again that I am not someone who should be in the mosh pit.  There were just too many dick heads there (big tall heavy guys pushing on everyone and getting a kick out of it).  People got hurt and the majority of them didn't give a shit.

Despite it all Dir en grey was awesome and so much better then the FVT concert in Detroit.  I also felt that Kyo and rest were really into the performance more so then at FVT.  I thought Kyo was great.  Actually I thought all the guys performed great.  Everyone just seemed really into it.  Minus the mosh pit; I had a very VERY good time and would love to see Dir en grey again given the chance.
drawing by me...

signal to noise

yeah i was really pissed off at all the pushing and shoving at the Boston show (it was worse than any other concert ive been to) so i think next time i see them, i'll either make sure im first there so i can be right in front and wont have to worry about people pushing through, or i'll just be out of the way like to a side or on a balcony.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

kaoru-d

Yumeko pretty much summed it all up for the Michigan show, Best thing I have ever seen. But yeah the pit in the center was crazy, it just keep getting bigger and wider and you could not escape it.

Yumeko

^ yah lol.  I was trying so -so- hard not to grope the asses of the guys around me.  But I don't know why I worried so much about that.  People were groping me.  One of the things that pissed me off at one point was this girl who turned to me and said "I'm going to use you as a brace."  And I'm thinking to myself fuck no.  I was right in the middle; I felt like the keystone to the entire pit, everyone's weight was on me.  I wish I had gone up to the balcony earlier tho; because if I had gotten all the way in the front to the side I still might've been able to catch something.  Where I moved to on the balcony was the first row in the very back a little to the Kyo's right; so almost in the center.  Where you were Kaoru-d?
drawing by me...