News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Dir en Grey live

Started by residentevilrulz, August 04, 2006, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yo-chan_x

Quote from: BLame8008 on November 14, 2006, 01:02:30 AM

yo-chan-x, I'm so jealous! You got to see them 4 times? That's amazing! And Europe is so lucky to get Diru, Gazette, and MUCC so often! The next step is America (Gazette!!!)

Anyways, I'll keep that in mind. (The more Kyo cuts, the unhappier he is) so I'll make sure to make it a good concert for them so he won't cut as much! I'm going to see them three times for their upcoming February 2007 tour! NYC, Philly, and Baltimore! I just got my tickets and I'm hella excited!

Now you'll see them 3 times too ^_^. And yes please be one of that people who doesn't cheer Kyo on to cut more... Have fun and the band will have fun as well ^_~
Yes I'm happy to live in Europe... I've got my next tickets too already... Although they are not for Dir en grey *sigh*
I'm exited to see Despa (they rock!), Marry (the first time here and their current album is my favourite one *luck*) and Kagerou (their last live *sob*, the last time Kazu gave me his pic and smiled to me ^_^ and Daisuke landed ON me as he did stagediving ^_~...)

As I saw the list of concerts in USA......  :o  @_@
At one hand I wish they would do that in Europe too, since when you see them live, you get addicted and want MORE!!!
At the other hand I would get crazy, since I couldn't afford to go for much more than 2-4 concerts (depending on the time of the year and my birthday). Also there would be other bands too and that would get me crazy as well if I couldn't go... T_T
Because every band I saw till now I liked live much more than on CD... There just is that atmosphere which the band causes with their presence and performance... I can't describe it that well. I think it's the dynamic and lively air that surrounds you combined with a lot of people who have similar pleasure by seeing the band and hear the music. The amplifier drives the bass into your system until your heartbeat beats with it... You actually can see in real how every amazing tone is produced before your very eyes... - I got carried away again T_T-

Dir en grey I know almost from their beginning... Since '98... I never thought I would see them live EVER. Now I have the presentiment I would miss any exam in favor of getting to see them... It's a bit crazy, but I slowly get the impression that every JRock fan has a little lunacy concerning their favourite bands... (Since I'll never get to see X-Japan *cries*, I stick to number 2 in my favorites...)

@-,-'--

BLame8008

Quote from: yo-chan_x on November 14, 2006, 02:34:23 AM
Quote from: BLame8008 on November 14, 2006, 01:02:30 AM

yo-chan_x, I'm so jealous! You got to see them 4 times? That's amazing! And Europe is so lucky to get Diru, Gazette, and MUCC so often! The next step is America (Gazette!!!)

Anyways, I'll keep that in mind. (The more Kyo cuts, the unhappier he is) so I'll make sure to make it a good concert for them so he won't cut as much! I'm going to see them three times for their upcoming February 2007 tour! NYC, Philly, and Baltimore! I just got my tickets and I'm hella excited!

Now you'll see them 3 times too ^_^. And yes please be one of that people who doesn't cheer Kyo on to cut more... Have fun and the band will have fun as well ^_~
Yes I'm happy to live in Europe... I've got my next tickets too already... Although they are not for Dir en grey *sigh*
I'm exited to see Despa (they rock!), Marry (the first time here and their current album is my favourite one *luck*) and Kagerou (their last live *sob*, the last time Kazu gave me his pic and smiled to me ^_^ and Daisuke landed ON me as he did stagediving ^_~...)

As I saw the list of concerts in USA......  :o  @_@
At one hand I wish they would do that in Europe too, since when you see them live, you get addicted and want MORE!!!
At the other hand I would get crazy, since I couldn't afford to go for much more than 2-4 concerts (depending on the time of the year and my birthday). Also there would be other bands too and that would get me crazy as well if I couldn't go... T_T
Because every band I saw till now I liked live much more than on CD... There just is that atmosphere which the band causes with their presence and performance... I can't describe it that well. I think it's the dynamic and lively air that surrounds you combined with a lot of people who have similar pleasure by seeing the band and hear the music. The amplifier drives the bass into your system until your heartbeat beats with it... You actually can see in real how every amazing tone is produced before your very eyes... - I got carried away again T_T-

Dir en grey I know almost from their beginning... Since '98... I never thought I would see them live EVER. Now I have the presentiment I would miss any exam in favor of getting to see them... It's a bit crazy, but I slowly get the impression that every JRock fan has a little lunacy concerning their favourite bands... (Since I'll never get to see X-Japan *cries*, I stick to number 2 in my favorites...)

@-,-'--

Wow, that's quite a line-up in Europe. D'espairs Ray, Merry (OMG, so jealous, Merii is SO GOOD) and Kagerou (their last live? That doesn't mean what I think it means does it?). And whoa, for Daisuke to land ON you too... too crazy. This is why I love concerts. You can never predict what's going to happen.

OMG, I know. Since I live on the east coast, I just couldn't stop myself from going to three different venues. It's very addicting and money-consuming. At one hand, I don't like it because it fuels my craziness. On the other hand, I know I wouldn't be satisfied with just one concert (I almost died when I only went to ONE FVT concert)

I'm finding that if you can rock it live, then I'll love you all the more for it. I've become a complete concert junkie because of Dir en Grey... so I figure they should take responsability and make their tour so friggin awesome when February comes around that I won't be able to say a coherent word for weeks, lolz. Which I know they will do because they are so absolutely amazing live. When everybody's enjoying the stage antics and the band, and the music is blasting so loud you can't even hear yourself, it's at that moment you find out if that band truly loves music or not. And Dir en Grey does. And that deserves so much respect. I really, truly love them. (Ah, the power of Lives.)

I'm ready to miss school for them... which I will be doing for Baltimore and Philly. Really, what happens more often, Dir en Grey touring America on their own@?@?@#?#$ or Class? Further more, I think I'd hate myself if I only stayed cause of class. As long as I keep on top of things, that should be fine.

My next goal is to see Gazette. No joke, my most favorite band in the whole world cannot do anything until I've seen them live. But for now, I'll concentrate on these upcoming concerts. Everytime I think about it, I get pysched all over again. Concerts are a wonderful thing  ;D

krimzflame00

hmm all these talk about grey in US, does anyone know the song lineup for the 2007 concerts ??? ? my friends and i want to go see them, but we are more into their withering to death album type of songs (runs and hides xDDD) so any info would be helpful and thanx in advance >.<

Saito.Sama

Quote from: krimzflame00 on January 03, 2007, 04:11:00 AM
hmm all these talk about grey in US, does anyone know the song lineup for the 2007 concerts ??? ? my friends and i want to go see them, but we are more into their withering to death album type of songs (runs and hides xDDD) so any info would be helpful and thanx in advance >.<

I'm going to the S.F. show!  I'm so excited.  Nowadays, Deg plays mostly VULGAR and Withering to death. stuff, so hopefully that'll satisfy you.  I like their newer stuff also.  ^_^

I posted the following yesterday on the Jpopmusic forums.

This is the setlist from one of the Inward Scream '06 shows:

【SET LIST】
・G.D.S
・THE FATAL BELIEVER
・凌辱の雨 (Ryoujoku No Ame)
・GARBAGE
・Mr.NEWSMAN
・Agitated Screams of Maggots
・C
・朔ーsakuー
・愛しさは腐敗につき (Itoshisa Ha Fuhai Ni Tsuki)
・孤独に死す、故に孤独 (Kodoku Ni Shisu, Yue Ni Kodoku)
・Spilled Milk
・かすみ (Kasumi)
・THE FINAL
・新曲 (New Song)
・Merciless Cult
・dead tree
・Obscure

【EN】
・Jesus Christ R'n R
・鼓動 (Kodou)
・audience Killer Loop
・THE ⅢD EMPIRE
・CLEVER SLEAZOID

So I'm thinking that the American shows will be similar with some songs from the new album.

ミ★ s t a r

Why are people still like this band is beyond me.

Don't flame/back lash against me it's just a statement.
I don't intend to belittle any of you, I just find it funny people can still find their music slightly enjoyable seeing as their 10 years of sheer greatness has been ruined in less than one full year.

It's just my opinion don't get pissed off about it.
;)
最近のマイブームは・・・しゃるろっと(笑)

krimzflame00

woo, nice thanx for the info. now i really gotta think about it hard xDDD, whether to go or not, and hopefully the NYC show is not sold out by the time i decide. Thanks again. :D

×SpacePirate Doll×

Quote from: Saito.Sama on January 03, 2007, 07:50:13 AM
I'm going to the S.F. show!  I'm so excited.  Nowadays, Deg plays mostly VULGAR and Withering to death. stuff, so hopefully that'll satisfy you.  I like their newer stuff also.  ^_^

I posted the following yesterday on the Jpopmusic forums.

This is the setlist from one of the Inward Scream '06 shows:

【SET LIST】
・G.D.S
・THE FATAL BELIEVER
・凌辱の雨 (Ryoujoku No Ame)
・GARBAGE
・Mr.NEWSMAN
・Agitated Screams of Maggots
・C
・朔ーsakuー
・愛しさは腐敗につき (Itoshisa Ha Fuhai Ni Tsuki)
・孤独に死す、故に孤独 (Kodoku Ni Shisu, Yue Ni Kodoku)
・Spilled Milk
・かすみ (Kasumi)
・THE FINAL
・新曲 (New Song)
・Merciless Cult
・dead tree
・Obscure

【EN】
・Jesus Christ R'n R
・鼓動 (Kodou)
・audience Killer Loop
・THE ⅢD EMPIRE
・CLEVER SLEAZOID

So I'm thinking that the American shows will be similar with some songs from the new album.

Oh, w00t!

Thats awesome!
I love Merciless Cult, C, saku and stuff like THE FINAL.

I'm gonna see them in play in their NYC show, in The Nokia Theatre.

I got my ticket, like two weeks ago...

Agh, the wait is killing me x_x

The shows' in Feb~

Quote from: krimzflame00 on January 03, 2007, 06:47:16 PM
woo, nice thanx for the info. now i really gotta think about it hard xDDD, whether to go or not, and hopefully the NYC show is not sold out by the time i decide. Thanks again. :D

Ohh~ you should go..

I mean, last time I checked for ticketmaster(but its cheaper to get them up front at the box office) there're still available.

I got them back in November because I thought they would sell out, but thankfully they haven't even 'til today. ;)

Formless

I'll be at the NYC show too. I'm not TOO fond of WtD stuff, but I'm not completely opposed to all of it. Plus, I'd like to hear some of the new material live as well.

I'll probably be adding people from here, randomly, if I feel like it, to my AIM or MSN to discuss possibly meetups or whatever since those are always fun.

×SpacePirate Doll×

Quote from: Formless on January 04, 2007, 08:51:36 PM
I'll be at the NYC show too. I'm not TOO fond of WtD stuff, but I'm not completely opposed to all of it. Plus, I'd like to hear some of the new material live as well.

I'll probably be adding people from here, randomly, if I feel like it, to my AIM or MSN to discuss possibly meetups or whatever since those are always fun.

Thats cool that you're going~

And hey..

If you get squished up there in the front, I'll come up and beat some fangirl ass for you xDDDD

Ahhh... kidding, kidding.
I'm a tiny little thing, I couldn't hurt anything~.. honest.

I'm trying to go up in front of the line, because I will not have what happened in the D'ray CBGB show happen to me again.

Where there was like a modest five people in front of us when we got there.

And by 7:30, when the show was about to start, that modest five people turned into about thirty, not joking around. It was completely messed up.

signal to noise

sorry im super late to this topic, im a crazy newb to this board.

i saw Dir en Grey at Family Values, and to be honest, i wasnt expecting Kyo to be right on with everything, i was seriously expecting him to be tired and just stop singing at tons of random points.

however, this was not the case. everything was straight on. he hit the high notes in Saku that i didnt think he'd make it to, and he sang every note to the chorus of The Final. i was pleasantly surprised.

now in my opinion, i think the times he does lack the live vocal ability, its just because the dude is tired from playing with all his energy everyday. it happens with tons of bands. it may just seem like that more for Dir en Grey just because they have so much exposure. i mean, you can look up one song by them on Youtube and find like 6 different live performances of it. theres easy odds that not every performance will be perfect.

however, i also must add that his stage presense seems to lack a little now. yeah, he does the fishhooking, and he does the scratching, and even puts a bucket on his head, but i miss seeing videos of him spewing quarts of fake vomit and being covered in heavy burn makeup. but i guess that also has to do with the direction they are moving into. they probably think that in their newer evolved sound there isnt much space for the shock elements they used to do so often.

and thats that.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

ミ★ s t a r

I slightly remember in the more faster songs all he did was scream instead of singing the actual lyrics, which to me was stupid.

I got invited to see them at the Roxy Theater...
Don't know if I'm going to go..

Is it [just] Dir en grey?
Maybe he wont just scream-o everything to death this time around..
最近のマイブームは・・・しゃるろっと(笑)

signal to noise

anyone seen them in the US for Inward Scream yet? im going in 2 days.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

lainxwired

Yeah, i saw them last Saturday. It was really great!!!! I also saw them in LA in '06, and I think that they played better this time.

Do As Eternity 6

i'm going to he NYC show ^^ 5 more days left ..can't wait~!

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

IAmSancho