News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Dir en Grey live

Started by residentevilrulz, August 04, 2006, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

residentevilrulz

Well I'd like to talk about what I like to call the sad decline of Kyo. See, I have been watching many live Dir en grey videos. And it seems that Kyo(Lead singer) is drastically losing both his stamina and abiltty to sing/perform like he used to. And he is not old. Haruhiko Ash is old and he does like 10 times better than Kyo does now. I just like... I would like to know why this is. I think Kyo tours too much. And on another note I am going to see Dir en Grey in September and I hope my man Kyo has his voice back. But we shall see. I don't like them any less. I just think he should give himself a little rest.

Vivi Sparrow

I think he's one of the musicians who give themselves away in their concerts, so bad they don't have enough energies to keep up through the day after. Usually artists as these don't preform more than once per day, but once in two-three days, so they gain their powers back, fueling and recharge their batteries.  ;)

batusai_zero

kyo voice is back, it listens to ryoujoku no ame and the songs live recorded in Berlin in where it is listened to kyo very good.
says that kyo  let smoke

residentevilrulz

cool. And yeah Kyo is a heavy smoker

Saku

Hmmm.

I don't really know what I think about this topic because I have very mixed feelings about Dir en Grey and where their music is going.  I don't know if I like their new single or Clever Sleazoid.  I think they are trying to go somewhere new with there music and style, but I don't know exactly what they are trying to accomplish and so I dunno if I like it or not.  I think the sound of Kyo's voice now is a part of this, like he's trying to do something different with the sound....or something weird like that.

I don't think I'm doing a very good explanation of what I am thinking.

But yeah. 

Do you know what I am talking about?  I am sure that the other factors (smoking and little rest and all) do play a part in it too...

jeftones

residentevilrulz

what live videos are you watching and what is their timeline.

also what ash do and what kyo do are drastically different. kyo does a lot more with his voice than ash does so it isnt really that good of a comparison.

residentevilrulz

Well all the ones where Kyo is not very good is the stuff from Withering to Death. The live stuff from their Vulgar album and Kissou etc is all good. Like.. Kyo just looks so pale and sick now. If you go to youtube and look at the Live Mushi video and compare that to the way Kyo looks in like say... Spilled Milk and The Final Live. He is like pale and sickly looking and his hair is not all prettied up like it used to be. And he is too out of breath to sing half of what is supposed to be in the song. Like I said, I love the guy just the same. I just think he should take a little rest.  Here are links. And about Haruhiko.. I realize they are very different. I just mean that for being 41 years old the guy does pretty well. And he is my favorite Jrocker. I pretty much idolize the guy

-Mushi-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=56DMT5rgTxw

-Spilled Milk & The Final-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=An1W-WRGCfE

jeftones

hmm is that the rock am ring performance. cause aparently there are good reasons why kyo was way off during those performances.

i saw dir en grey when they came to l.a. and kyo was spot on with the vocals and i never hear any talk of that performance. i guess people tend to focus on the bad stuff.

a better comparison if you wanted to get across a vocalist who has been doing it forever and isnt faltering is kiyoharu. kiyoharu is 38 and his voice still sounds as good as it did in kuroyume.

residentevilrulz

Yeah that was the AM rock ring. What are the reasons? And I wasn't jsut talking about his voice. He just appears like.. pale and sick almost. And his hair is like.. I don't know torn up?

Arubedo

July of 2006, it was in Japanese news that Kyo was hospitalized of inflamed vocal cords. Recently, he was then released. [Wikipedia]
Ah, ma belle pêche...there's no need to tremble like that. Else you'll make me feel like a péché myself... ~ Albedo

batusai_zero

but they did not listen to New Single?  in addition to the new song, where listening very good, in lives of Berlin listening quite better profit to sing or The Final again, in HIGEKI WA MABUTA WO OROSHITA YASASHIKI UTSU makes notice its voice is great singing single seconds after finished the song, the truth that never I listens to a good live version of HIGEKI WA MABUTA WO OROSHITA YASASHIKI UTSU , is the first time that I enjoy it without no shout, XD

jeftones

Quote from: residentevilrulz on August 05, 2006, 09:24:25 PM
Yeah that was the AM rock ring. What are the reasons? And I wasn't jsut talking about his voice. He just appears like.. pale and sick almost. And his hair is like.. I don't know torn up?

aparently the flight or something affected his ear condition, which left him in a sickened state.

Arubedo

He's had all kinds of issues lately it seems.
Ah, ma belle pêche...there's no need to tremble like that. Else you'll make me feel like a péché myself... ~ Albedo

danteonimusha

hi everyone
my opinion is that they dont go to other country because they are going away to throw to lose.a concert like berlin is patetic,playing in the afternoon and in the open air is ridiculous,for that dont go.
if anyone have some doubt,download the "It Withers And Withers" concert,THIS IS A CONCERT!!!!!!!  8) 8) 8)  (and not the another one  >:( )
regards :)

wai

Kyo's voice is all right, they're doing good at FVT.