News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Detroit, Michigan Taste of Chaos Tour Show

Started by Yumeko, March 09, 2008, 07:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yumeko

WOOOOOW It was SO awesome and I was like 15ft away from the stage!!!  First off; I have to say; I think New York and Detroit are probably the most violent audiences.  From what I've heard from other people that went to different concerts; it seems the audiences in Detroit and NYC like to mosh the most (and violently too); which I personally do not like.  I'm not a jumper; I'm not someone who head bangs or runs into people and play human bumper cars; I just want to see the band, cheer, sing, and throw my hands up in the air and give my love that way.  I wasn't expecting to go to this concert and feel like a sardine or see any moshing; but surprisingly there was quite a lot of moshing during D'ray.  These people weren't even Jrock fans; but they really wanted to mosh and they were diggin' the music.  And it was like one of those moshes where people spread out in a circle and then others just jump around and bash into people.  It was insane and I was worried because I was right next to it and it was really difficult to move away.  I was worried I'd get my glasses broken and shards would fly in my eyes LOL.  Yes I'm paranoid.  But it was okay and I stayed and my friends did too.

I was worried the crowd would boo the jrock bands; but actually the only criticism I heard was one girl shouting during D'ray "I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU" and when the band spoke english people couldn't make it out.  But all the jrock fans did LOL.  However when the music started up again; people started head banging and getting into it.  It didn't matter that they couldn't understand; the music had a beat and they were diggin' it enough to head bang and mosh so I was really glad.

The next main band to go up was MUCC and I was most excited to see them.  I didn't know any of the songs they chose to perform except for Libra; which is one of my favorite songs and I'm so glad they closed with that.  It felt like they picked the harder songs to make a good first impression but played Libra for their fans.  And ironically; people dug that song the most.  They put on a really great show and it was so wonderful to see them up close and when I had more energy because at JRR I had absolutely none by the time MUCC came up and it always disappointed me that I was that tired.

MUCC also did an autograph signing (I was first in line ^^)and thanks to Mithredath telling me about the Dayton, Ohio concert, I was prepared and brought two magazines and my Libra single but when I saw the big posters; I wanted that too!  But I didn't want to ask them for hugs and all that stuff.  So I passed my magazines to my friends and had MUCC sign a poster and my cd for me.  In the end; I got four sets of MUCC autographs >3  it was awesome.  I got to shake all of their hands and I said "arigatou gozaimashita!"  I was too afraid to ask for a hug.  However, my friend Rachel asked Tatsurou for a hug and he did ^^.

After the signings we realized we wanted a picture too since we were allowed and this time I hyped myself up to ask for the hug ^_^.  I had originally wanted to hug Satochi but then after the performance I really wanted to hug Tatsurou.  My group was first in line and we ended up being last in line too HAHA!!!  A blonde security guard told us we couldn't go behind the table because they weren't allowing it anymore; but when we got up there; one of MUCC's people said we could go behind the table; so we were like Nyah nyah to the blonde bee-otch LOL.  For the picture I was standing between Yukke and Miya.  My other friend, Marina, was standing by Tatsurou and although she was too afraid to ask for a hug; for the picture she put her arm around him and held his shoulder LOL  So she sneakingly copped a feel XD  And after the picture; MUCC started to get up to leave and I was too far from Tatsurou.  I was too afraid to walk over to him and ask; so I got Satochi on my way out LOL.  He was really nice and smiled and gave me a hug and it was really awesome.  And somehow after all the hand shakes; I ended up with a lot of glitter on my hand.  So did my friends.  So we joked it was fairy dust and now we should think happy thoughts HAHAHA!!!

We left early from the concert after seeing just 5 bands, two small local bands and then the three jrock bands.  Anywho, it was a great concert and I think my MUCC picture is a bit blurry; but I'll post it anyways and take pictures of the things they signed.  It all came out really beautiful.

OH and Tatsurou said something really funny too during the show.  He said, "It...is...very cold." and we all laughed cause hell yah it was cold outside LOL.  10 or 14 degrees and snow hehe.  But then he says, "But...BUT! ...will you...heat...it up here?  will you heat it up here?!"  And of course we all cheered because hell yah us Michigan Jrock fans were gonna light it up!

EDIT: pictures of the autographs

everything
MUCC poster
magazine 1
magazine 2
Libra single
drawing by me...

signal to noise

oh shit thats pretty awesome. i cant wait to see them. my show is march 21st, so less than 2 weeks from now. oddly enough im just going for the japanese bands since all the american ones suck this year except for Idiot Pilot. i remember when Atreyu and A7X used to be good. those were the days. but the one im going to doesnt have an autograph session  :(  oh well, im sure the show will be awesome. did you see what merch was available?
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

ghostface

QuoteAnd somehow after all the hand shakes; I ended up with a lot of glitter on my hand.  So did my friends.
Haha, that's cool.

I hope I can see them next time they come to Europe. Maybe at the end of 2008 they'll do another European tour.

Yumeko

Quote from: signal to noise on March 09, 2008, 09:37:07 AM
oh shit thats pretty awesome. i cant wait to see them. my show is march 21st, so less than 2 weeks from now. oddly enough im just going for the japanese bands since all the american ones suck this year except for Idiot Pilot. i remember when Atreyu and A7X used to be good. those were the days. but the one im going to doesnt have an autograph session  :(  oh well, im sure the show will be awesome. did you see what merch was available?

I didn't like Idiot Pilot and they didn't like us.  People were flipping them off.  But I got a poster with their autographs.  Not really cause I wanted it.  But I used their poster to protect the MUCC one.  It's not damaged and I still have the poster.
drawing by me...

signal to noise

Quote from: Yumeko on March 09, 2008, 04:19:08 PM
I didn't like Idiot Pilot and they didn't like us.  People were flipping them off.

its not really their kind of show. i didnt think either group of Jrock fans or A7X douchefans would be into them, because neither group would really "get" them. were they selling MUCC and D'espa t-shirts at the show?
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Yumeko

yes they were but I didn't buy anything.  Just a D'ray wrist band.
drawing by me...

signal to noise

just came back from the Lowell, MA Taste of Chaos. im not gonna write as much as Yumeko though.

when i arrived D'espairsRay was already playing, but i only missed one song, they started a few moments after i came into the building. i dunno what they started with, but when i went to the stage they were playing Screen, then played Sixty Nine, and then ended with something i wasnt exactly familiar with, so i think they only got to do 4 songs. some shitty local band played right after them on this little stage directly to the left of the main stage, they were practically connected. the local band was absolutely horrible, and it makes me lose hope in all of america's post-hardcore scene.

mucc played next for a half hour, they played 3 new songs, then Fuzz, then a pretty old song that i forgot the name of, then ended with Libra. they were very cool to the crowd, and Tatsu was always like "stomp the fucking floor!!" so it was cool. and this dude in front of me didnt know who they were, but when they played Fuzz he caught onto the "whoaoaoaaa" in the chorus and he was digging it, so i think they got a good reaction, both them and Despa got good reaction.

i went to the signing too, which i didnt know they were gonna do at the MA stop. but yeah.. wow... extremely nice band. they signed a poster and i bought their Best Of cd for them to sign. all of them were so nice to everyone, Tatsu was like "hey howre you doing!!" and you could tell they were so enthusiastic to meet their fans. and when i met Yukke i was like "arigatou yukke-sensei!!" and he laughed. awesome show. cool t-shirts for sale too. i got 2 MUCC shirts and a D'espa shirt.

fun time.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Yumeko

yes they are so nice.  that's awesome that they talked to you.  You sound like you had a great time ^_^
drawing by me...

【オ】

signal to noise

Quote from: 【オ】 on March 25, 2008, 12:30:54 PM
mucc = blink 128

name five songs that honestly sound like Blink 182 and i wont even argue with you. and no, Utagoe doesnt count just because its upbeat and has skateboarders in the video.

you = fucking fail.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album