News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Band?

Started by BillStBill, March 07, 2008, 04:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillStBill

So I'll probably get flamed to hell, but I'm in America and want to start a Visual Kei band. I have no idea where to go about getting musicians and thought this would be a good place to start. I play the drums and can't speak very much Japanese. I'm looking for a bassist, guitarist, and singer. Reply if you are one or if you find it interesting. Also, this will not be a cover band. I want to write my own songs, not just play fucking old Dir en grey covers all day.

Spike760

Hey yo, where you at?

I have a Neo Visual band starting in Illinois, we're doing a couple covers, like "Owari to Mirai" and possibly "-9-" but just at lives, but we write most of our own music. But so far I only have a vocalist and myself (guitar), but we're making it really big so far we have a NY tour in August.
We really REALLY want a drummer, and can live without a bassist, but that would be cool too.
Only thing is we're in Chicago, so yeah.

signal to noise

you better have a bassist live. or it will sound like SHIT. assuming you dont already sound like shit.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

BillStBill

I actually go to school at the University of Michigan.
Conveniently, there is an Am-track in Ann Arbor that goes right to Chicago. We obviously couldn't get together and practice but we could possibly lay some shit down. If you have any recordings send them to me, I can put some drums over them.
wfuss@umich.edu

What's your bands name and how is the singer?

Spike760

Ok that's cool.

My band is called ラヴィン「カ」 which is RAVIN「KA」 which is Black Souls in Egyptian.

Also we used to have a couple demo tracks, but we scrapped them and decided to start over again, and try a lot harder, because before we didn't feel like we were putting everything we had into it.
The vocalist is improving a lot, but needs a little work probably. But our first demo is in edit right now, so I'll have him send it to you when it's done.

Vessicator

It might actually benefit you guys to just scrap the whole "visual-kei" genre and play as a band. Get a feel for your musical strengths and weaknesses before you start covering alice nine. shit and acting like faggots at an anime convention (redundant, but who cares).

kachida

Quote from: Spike760 on March 08, 2008, 05:01:42 PM
Ok that's cool.

My band is called ラヴィン「カ」 which is RAVIN「KA」 which is Black Souls in Egyptian.

Also we used to have a couple demo tracks, but we scrapped them and decided to start over again, and try a lot harder, because before we didn't feel like we were putting everything we had into it.
The vocalist is improving a lot, but needs a little work probably. But our first demo is in edit right now, so I'll have him send it to you when it's done.

wow,awesome!the vocal much look alike Inoran's hair^^ ur on the right rite? anyway,may i listen to the demo please too?if you dont mind=]

Spike760

Actually, I'm pretty sure we decided we're not doing the whole covers thing. I was never big into it either, besides it would take a while for me to tab songs anyway, because I'm not the best at it.
So yeah, we started writing our own songs.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zdy1mlsdxxm

^ That's our first "demo" but it's not really, because it's pretty unfinished.
You could more think of it as a draft. We did that all in one day. Like composing and everything.

But we actually have a lot more songs than that.

Vessicator

MCR would be a visual-kei band too. I want that band uniform :(

signal to noise

Quote from: Vessicator on March 10, 2008, 07:06:38 AM
MCR would be a visual-kei band too. I want that band uniform :(

no The Black Parade is a visual-kei band.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Vessicator

Alice the Sister

Go to a local anime convention, and find all the dudes that aren't dressed up as anime characters, but look like they could be dressed up as your run of the mill V'K-ba/nD~z. Ask them, I'm sure they'd be all like, "Sugoiii!! Japanese music kawaii dessszzuuuu??!!!? Sure I'll join!?!? Let's do Gackt covers! Have you heard of a band called Malice Mizer?"
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY