News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Best sites to buy japanese CDs

Started by MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES, January 31, 2008, 02:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

Hay guys. What are the best sites to buy japanese CDs?
I've used cdjapan and amazon.jp before.
They both rape hardcore on shipping.
Is there anything better or am i just going to have to bite the bullet and pay 3200yen to ship 8 CDs?
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

for 8 cd's thats pretty good,

its like buying another CD but not really. i think its worth it
ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

klavierbarrette

i agree that's not bad.  my order usually doubles when i pay for fast shipping on cdjapan.  but i don't do that anymore because my mailman is a douchebag and does not deliver packages.

but out of curiosity, what shipping are you paying for? 

The cheapest one, lol. The most expensive is 4200 yen, about ten bucks more.

baka_neko

I think they're just raping you on shipping. Last time ordered something from japan it cost me 6800 yen for EMS, but that was a 9 lb box full of vhs tapes. The time before that it was 3600 for EMS for like 7 cds, 2 vhs tapes and 2 dvds(cheaper shipping was offered at 1780 and 2535 yen as well). So you could just do what I do and have someone in Japan buy stuff for you. The girl who does this for me is Ozawa Mai. She's quite fast and very nice to work with. Here is her info if you want to use her services http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=like6m9

klavierbarrette

Quote from: MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES on January 31, 2008, 05:49:19 AM
The cheapest one, lol. The most expensive is 4200 yen, about ten bucks more.
wtf

then i take back what i said :/ thats awful

Username

I believe YesAsia offers free shipping if you order more than $25 worth of stuff.
Soulseek name: Cactuar

klavierbarrette

Quote from: Username on February 01, 2008, 02:39:51 AM
I believe YesAsia offers free shipping if you order more than $25 worth of stuff.
yeah but they don't have much of a selection.

OOOOOOO do they really.
time to go have a look to see what yesasia's bringin to dis game

edit: oh i've used this site. preordered ryoujoku no ame by dir en grey off this site way back in the day when i didnt pay for music, big step

Username

JPopHelp seems to have free shipping if you order more than 5 CDs, but CDs there are like $5 more than everywhere else.

signal to noise

does yesasia charge your card in a reasonable amount of time? last time i ordered from cdjapan they didnt charge my card until like 4 weeks after my order was made (it only took like a week to ship too, so this was 3 weeks after i physically had what i ordered) and of course i wasnt keeping track of it anymore and my fuckin account overdrafted. so yeahh... i'd rather order from yesasia if their shipping is free (and fast?) and i get charged in a decent amount of time.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

yea i usually use yesasia ...it works well for me. The only thing that pisses e off is they take the freebies that come with the CD's and sell them off D: (diru's ryoujoku no ame poster and a9's alpha posters would be an example ...bastards i ain't payin' fo no freebie...yo) Other than that free shipping rocks, it's usually fast for me and yes they bill you in a reasonable time.

well...okay i guess the only other thing is like what klav said about selection. If you're looking for rreally indie bands you won't find it there. however, everything i've needed i've been able to find there D:

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

signal to noise

sickkk. i was gonna order the Studs' mini-album, but cdjapan didnt have it at all, free-will-america only had the dvd version (False The Skin >>> 1 PV dvd), but yesasia had both versions. holla at that. might as well buy their new single too and make it a date.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

kachida

Username

Quote from: kachida on February 01, 2008, 04:09:10 PM
hmv

Yeah, their shipping prices aren't as bad when you live on the same side of the ocean as Japan.