News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Piercings

Started by Vessicator, December 24, 2007, 12:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vessicator

Although the tragus isn't the thickest cartilage piercings (modified rook piercing took a good 3 minutes longer to finish), I think it's the most painful piercing you can experience, aside from cartilage tunnels. When I had mine done, I wanted it pierced in a downward slope, and that caused a considerable amount of pain for me. On the other hand, I didn't bleed at all. The other problem with tragus piercings is the initial jewelry used. If your piercer uses a stud, it will be extremely hard to change jewelry when the piercing has healed. In some cases, CBRs are also hard to fit in, so I would recommend that you request either a short bar (used for nipple piercings) or a curved barbell (used for eyebrow piercings).

Nose piercings are a cinch; since they're flesh piercings you don't have to worry about leaving a hole if you feel that it doesn't fit your look.

カレン

Yumeko, both my friends wear glasses and have their noses pierced. It looks fine. I think it looks very cute on them. It's also a nice way to divert attention from a large nose, haha.
誰も知らない世界で 流し続けた涙と嘘を隠す
果てしない空の下で
何も見えない視界で 重ね続けた願いを描いて
潤んだ目が渇く日まで

Yumeko

I think I'll have to think longer on the tragus piercings.  I'm not good with pain heh.  Thanks for the info Vessicator; if I do get one; I'll keep in mind your advice.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: Vessicator on January 13, 2008, 09:50:50 PM
Although the tragus isn't the thickest cartilage piercings (modified rook piercing took a good 3 minutes longer to finish), I think it's the most painful piercing you can experience, aside from cartilage tunnels. When I had mine done, I wanted it pierced in a downward slope, and that caused a considerable amount of pain for me. On the other hand, I didn't bleed at all. The other problem with tragus piercings is the initial jewelry used. If your piercer uses a stud, it will be extremely hard to change jewelry when the piercing has healed. In some cases, CBRs are also hard to fit in, so I would recommend that you request either a short bar (used for nipple piercings) or a curved barbell (used for eyebrow piercings).

I'd been thinking of getting one...this makes me think otherwise now =/

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

琴乃

埒々

Yeah, Tara's ear has been bombarded with piercings in the past five years.

rhydian

I have no piercings, but I want to get something done eventually o: I'm thinking lip but I'm not too sure if it would suit me.

Vessicator

Quote from: rhydian on January 22, 2008, 05:18:52 PM
I have no piercings, but I want to get something done eventually o: I'm thinking lip but I'm not too sure if it would suit me.

lip piercings take about one week to fully heal and can be easily concealed. The hole will stay open for long periods of time without jewelry, so you don't need retainers.

On the other hand, very few people can pull off a lip piercing with curved barbell or cbr's. also, if placed incorrectly, lip piercings make it very hard to drink from cans or glasses. Some people have experienced erosion of gums because the lip piercing was placed incorrectly.

snickety

I had a lip piercing only for a few months and it never healed, then I had to take it out to get a job.

rhydian

One week to fully heal? I thought it was way longer. Well thanks for the info, I'll have to think about it :]

fangy89

Mmmm piercings are yummy. So far I have 3 in each ear, left cartilage, and left nipple. I had a tongue piercing but I sacrificed it when I split my tongue. After I get my tattoo done I'm gonna get my right nipple pierced and maybe get a nape. I'd also love to get a corset at least once in my life just because they're super duper sexy  :D

kakuryn

recently got some nipple piercings

fun fun fun

now I have 15

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

Mai-NIN

Quote from: Yumeko on January 14, 2008, 12:07:54 AM
I think I'll have to think longer on the tragus piercings.  I'm not good with pain heh.  Thanks for the info Vessicator; if I do get one; I'll keep in mind your advice.

Hey, tragus doesnt hurt at all!!
It just bothers you when the bodypiercing is doing it due the "tuck" sound on the perfuration. After 5 minutes I didnt even felt anymore (just and I touched it, of course =P please, dont touch it o_O)
And the boring part is that it was swollen for almost 2 months, that was annoying because it husrt everytime I touched it hard =( [you coudnt notice it was swollen though, I knew it because the jewel was "exactly fitting"]
But it didnt husrt as long as I took care of it.
I was so unlucky because the next day I pierced it, my teacher scratched the board WITH HIS NAILS and I tapped my years really hard D=
Twice! *stupid* It was such a horrible noise... >.<
But after 3 months it was 100% healed!
I thinking about getting another one on the other ear, but I'm afraid that my ears is going to be "too full" (sorry, my English sucks xP)
I have an industrial and 2 normal jewels already D=
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/mai-nin/Tattoos/me.jpg

Aah, I saw a boy with TWO piercing at one tragus! It looked very nice, but it doesnt fit mine xP
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/mai-nin/Tattoos/doisnotragus.jpg

Ok, I dint want to go too much bla bla bla, but I guess I did =P
I just wanted to comment that this jewel on Tara's tragus is PERFECT!! *goes look for it*

Vessicator

NIGGAS NO PAIN, NO GAIN