News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Torrents or Direct Downloads

Started by DO, July 28, 2006, 12:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like more and why?

Torrents
Direct Downloads
Both

DO

Rust.Orange

I think it really depends on the file size. I would love to download a 2 GB DVD on direct download, but it would take so long and there would probably be multiple retries because it might stop due to weird connection and have to start all over again. Gigantic files just are better done on torrent, even if it is slow. Smaller files like 30 MB files are really nice on direct download though.
"お財布を恵んで頂けなければ、このナイフで刺させて頂きます。" - some random person

maru

Quote from: Rust.Orange on July 28, 2006, 02:57:30 AM
I think it really depends on the file size. I would love to download a 2 GB DVD on direct download, but it would take so long and there would probably be multiple retries because it might stop due to weird connection and have to start all over again. Gigantic files just are better done on torrent, even if it is slow. Smaller files like 30 MB files are really nice on direct download though.

you're right man  8) that's the way it is!  ;D :D :D :D :D

noslen_seta

Healthy Foods + Vitamins + Gym + Steroids + Jesus = Super Jesus

Fr3ddy

Yes short files are Good for Direct Downloads but Big files are better as Torrent!

Mirebit

direct downloads are okay but sometimes a pain because depending on your country there are reserved amount of people downloading at a time.....for example I only can succed in downloading from MU at 2:30 till 8 I think ....so its troublesome.... and also yousend it blocks or expires quickly... so instead of this too I prefer torrent... but.....
actually the best  I find now its sendspace... for me it works fast and if i have to wait to download the file it tries 1,2 or 3 times and it works....

sorry if it sounds confusing.......=P

Rust.Orange

Quote from: Mirebit on August 07, 2006, 09:44:25 PM
direct downloads are okay but sometimes a pain because depending on your country there are reserved amount of people downloading at a time.....for example I only can succed in downloading from MU at 2:30 till 8 I think ....so its troublesome.... and also yousend it blocks or expires quickly... so instead of this too I prefer torrent... but.....
actually the best  I find now its sendspace... for me it works fast and if i have to wait to download the file it tries 1,2 or 3 times and it works....

sorry if it sounds confusing.......=P

Sendpsace is pretty sweet, I have to admit. MU sort of really sucks because of the pop ads and everything. Yousendit is all right. It allows people to download multiple files at a time, as I recall.
"お財布を恵んで頂けなければ、このナイフで刺させて頂きます。" - some random person

StarCrystal

Quote from: Mirebit on August 07, 2006, 09:44:25 PM
direct downloads are okay but sometimes a pain because depending on your country there are reserved amount of people downloading at a time.....for example I only can succed in downloading from MU at 2:30 till 8 I think ....so its troublesome....

http://leech.megaleecher.net/ Copy and paste the link in the textbox below and just do the regular procedures on MU.

--

;3 I like both options and I agree bigger files for torrents and smaller files for Direct D/ls. I use to not like torrents because I had dial up (might end up going back to that x_x), but now I really like it.. Especially if there's lots of seeders 8D

Azure

I'm agree with you, torrents for the big and DD  for the short ones....but actually I think some of us are having troubles with Sendspace.....for some days it has been out for me.....I just can't download a damned thing from there....and the worst part of this is that people keep uploading in Sendspace.......so I don't know what's going on with Sendspace......

**Uploaders** please I beg you.....try to upload in other host site because I think some of us can't download  in Sendspace and Megaupload :'(

Lucifer-sama

I agree, i prefer downloading albums in direct download but DVDs and Discographies with Torrent  :D
The only thing that is certain in your life is your death.

Mirebit

Quote from: StarCrystal on August 10, 2006, 10:34:54 PM
http://leech.megaleecher.net/ Copy and paste the link in the textbox below and just do the regular procedures on MU.

thanks for this page it seems interesting =).......
so you have a mu link and you put it there....then you submit it and they gave a link so you can download normaly?......
I tried and it tells me "error"

Azamir

yeah, the big files for torrents is definitely it... there was some page some time a go that had whole dvds uploaded to their server, and it was like... impossible to get the stuff. there was a glay dvd a friend of mine wanted to have, but it just was impossible.

but I generally prefer torrents on the long run as well, because they don't expire... you can always ask if someone would re-seed, and when I look at the speeds I get from MU and sendspace... an average torrent, even with few seeders is much faster. today i dled a part of a movie from MU (dun ask me how they even GOT the 350 mb/part up there!) and it was like... 15 kb/s. that can easily be surpassed by a running torrent, and I'm still incredibly annoyed that that very special film is not up on any tracker... u.u

all in all I think that part took 5-6 hours to dl, and when I wanted to have the next part... it told my I was only allowed to start downloading again in 4 hours, because I had already downloaded so much.

so... I prefer torrents almost all the time, because there you have much less trouble... no ever-expiring files, no aborted downloads which have to be re-started from the beginning etc. etc.

direct downloading is nice for single mp3s, but everything above... it just got worse over the past year, a year ago you could still use ysi without registering there, and it gave you fast connections. now, ysi is members only, and I don't exactly trust them, their rules say "no copyrighted material" and I wouldn't risk them handing over my IP, MU is fucking slow, so is sendspace, not to tak of turboupload, which isn't just SLOW while uploading (nothing "turbo" about it) but also while downloading...

so, yeah. I <3 torrents. ever since I know how to use bittornade, and more so since my boyfriend did some port forwarding for me XD

Aza^^
Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask is a trick. You will find no truth in me. Though you believe nothing else, you may rest your faith on this.

Akira502002

I like Direct Download because its faster. Usually with torrents its a big seed problem.

maru

Quote from: Akira502002 on December 04, 2006, 08:46:32 PM
I like Direct Download because its faster. Usually with torrents its a big seed problem.

U think so ?!?! Somehow I like them too, But I am a totaly SEND SPACE HATER >_<"  :P

impact

so would u be interested if we gave upload support ?

I'm making an upload script for uni that could be used here