Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2017, 12:15:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

+  Tonberry
|-+  Issues
| |-+  Suggestions
| | |-+  Torrents or Direct Downloads
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: What would you like more and why?
Torrents
Direct Downloads
Both

Author Topic: Torrents or Direct Downloads  (Read 16011 times)
maru

orange juice! ;3

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 09:22:37 PM »

so would u be interested if we gave upload support ?

I'm making an upload script for uni that could be used here

Does this mean u give us webspace O_O"Huh

impact
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 10:13:16 PM »

yeah like send space kinda thing

maru

orange juice! ;3

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 07:20:40 PM »

yeah like send space kinda thing

Grin Sugoi sounds interesting!!! But isnt it expensive to share so much GB!!!

ushi

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 01:53:14 PM »

both...but please make this better....you are very good on deleting old direct downloads...but old torrents that havent been seeeded in like half a year is still here O_O

Hizumi-chama are awesome
impact
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 05:40:48 PM »

both...but please make this better....you are very good on deleting old direct downloads...but old torrents that havent been seeeded in like half a year is still here O_O

good point

非難GO-GO > バクチク

今井 寿

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 04:10:18 PM »

I like torrents much better , because if people would seed , it takes less effort and goes faster in some cases.
I also get annoyed when people upload songs seperately for a 10+ track album , and not zip them as one. So I kinda would like to see the torrents improved , pruned and updated.

music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/
TenDemon

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 06:40:40 AM »

Ahh. A little bit of a delayed response...

I like both Torrent and Direct Download. Big stuff = Torrents and Small stuff= Direct Download. 

Personally I normally only upload small stuff so there is no point for me to use a Torrent, I feel. ((And for those that hate when people split files from albums, Ill be more considerate then I normally am and make sure I do both a full album download and individual song downloads, as well as trying to upload them to multipule upload sites)

As far as supporting uploads. I think that would be a great idea. I kinda grow tired of uploading to two or three different sites to accomadate as many people as possible. If that idea is possible, I think that would be just fantasitc. ((Is it possible?  Cheesy ))
signal to noise

roh! roh! fight the powaa!!

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 07:58:58 AM »

direct downloads all the way. im torrent retarded, so i only do direct downloads. maybe one day i will be smart enough to appreciate torrents.

REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album
impact
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 01:11:48 AM »

for my uni project i made a mp3 upload script so now to add it to the site

非難GO-GO > バクチク

今井 寿

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 05:45:40 AM »

Could the torrents be named [release date][ripper/group][artist][title][bitrate]

I mean , some of the stuff I ignore becuse I have no idea what it is. Like , the newest one.
Is it "LUCY" the band , or a group that has a release called "LUCY"Huh

Alot of the stuff is a bit confunsingly named imo.

Anonymous_Lulz

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 12:10:41 AM »

i like torrents because my connection isnt that good.  im using wireless cable right now and my room is in an awkward spot for wireless.  maybe the walls have some kind of metal in them or something.....

anyway, yeah. i like torrents.
ZeroDyne

\m/

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 04:18:27 AM »

I like torrents much better , because if people would seed , it takes less effort and goes faster in some cases.
I also get annoyed when people upload songs seperately for a 10+ track album , and not zip them as one. So I kinda would like to see the torrents improved , pruned and updated.

folder torrents are far superior to zips. At least you can actually use the files as you seed Tongue.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

今井 寿

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 05:45:14 AM »

folder torrents are far superior to zips. At least you can actually use the files as you seed Tongue.

When i said upload seperately I meant for direct downloads. Folder torrents are indeed best. I just hate it when people upload each individual song seperately to you send it , so you have to go to 12+ pages just to get the whole album. =x

Kazu

K²=♥

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »

Uhm, I only take direct downloads, because I'm not able to load torrents... you might also say I'm too stupid for this, but maybe one day =3

非難GO-GO > バクチク

今井 寿

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 05:41:56 AM »

Anyways , back to the correct labeling of torrents. I mean really , what is the VOB.torrent?
I hardly ever , actually i havent used the tracker for awhile , because alot of it is poorly named , then it's poorly tagged , or not the right artist for some of the tracks.

I think the standards for torrents should be cracked down on , and penalties for leechers should be really high.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length