News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Heavier stuff?

Started by xxdarkgeminixx, October 19, 2007, 12:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quorthon

Boris is great but they change style in almost every releases, you have to start with "Heavy Rocks" or "Pink".

Alice the Sister

Dissecting Table.

They're heavy, right?
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

Raon

Can i suggest Loudness?... they are getting really heavy nowadays. Breaking The Taboo is a really cool album

signal to noise

Quote from: Karasu on October 20, 2007, 06:23:53 AM
Nothing personal to any Gilgamesh fans...but they kinda have a poser-ish metal sound. They should stop being pussies and just go straight up metal with their music, instead of half-assing it with their really really poppy choruses :/.

Again, nothing personal to any fans.

well theyre really inspired by american nu-metal stuff like Linkin Park, theyve said it themselves. so it really only makes sense theyd have their heavy-poppy switch offs. its not like they are inspired by Metallica or something.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

琴乃

Metal bands.

Lost Eden
Blood Stain Child
Volcano
Intestine Baalism
Gargoyle
Sigh
Sorrow of Tranquility
Aushvitz
Providence
Serpent

Black_Arakiel

In fact I don't mind if you confused metal or not, because I know what you mean ^^

I also like Girugamesh-like bands or some of the "harder" bands in Japan. The real metal sound described here several times isn't something I personally like, so I guess it is just everything and always a matter of personal preference...

Whatever, I would, like others before me, also tend to say that Sadie are a good band to listen to. Others who you could possibly like are (at least some/most of their songs):
Yaminade
UnsraW
Awoi
Dio -distraught overlord-
lynch. (deathgaze was mentioned before, Hazuki (vocal) is now in lynch.)
-OZ-

I can't control my mind.
Can't Control...
[Dir en grey - Children]

fyz

Nega is a good heavy-VK band.  They're a new UNDER CODE band.
"May I suggest that you change 'VISUAL KEI FOR LIFE' to 'WU-TANG CLAN AIN'T NOTHIN' TO FUCK WITH'"

♪└|∵|┐♪└|∵|┘♪┌|∵|┘♪

Onmyou-za would be another good metal band.

As for heavier stuff... I'd definetly give Blood Stain Child a try (as listed above), Dazzle Vision, Gallhammer...

琴乃

Quote from: ムック六九 on January 19, 2008, 02:32:07 AM
As for heavier stuff... I'd definetly give Blood Stain Child a try (as listed above), Dazzle Vision...
Fuck yes!
I love those bands~~

shiro08

非難GO-GO > バクチク

More Suggestions ::  B.A.A.L , Kadennza , Maverick ( I think I did before , and not the shitty vk one ) , The Hate Honey ( one of the best bands ever ) , Envy , Gekigakutai , GunDOG/Pay Money to my Pain , Headphones President , King-Show , Lost Eden , Oto-Oni .

I can think of like 4 mainland chinese/Taiwanese bands that are harder then most of these though.
King Ly Chee , Yaksa  , Qui Hong , TWISTED MACHINE
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

odoroboujohn

Quote from: lovetrick on October 20, 2007, 01:33:19 AM
since when is there metal in vk at all? stop listing vk bands you dumbasses >:[

I love this guy!!! V-kei is V-kei not metal-kei or screamo-kei
Livin' like a bug ain't easy

odoroboujohn

Quote from: baka_neko on October 20, 2007, 02:58:46 AM
Theres definitely metal in VK. Galneryus, vagerke, Seven Seas and Aikaryu(just to name a few) are all widely accepted as metal bands(though in different subgenres such as power metal) but are visual kei.

Very true! However, that's a qualifier "are all widely accepted as ".... but point valid
Livin' like a bug ain't easy