News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Heavier stuff?

Started by xxdarkgeminixx, October 19, 2007, 12:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxdarkgeminixx

I have to say, I haven't bothered to really listen to a lot of new bands lately. At least, not on the Japanese side of things. I've been very obsessed with the metal that's been coming out of Finland and the Scandinavian countries and that's been taking up much of my time. So I come to you, Tonberry users, asking for guidance:

What are some good metal (real metal, none of that screaming crap) bands out of Japan these days? Stuff in the vein of Girugamesh.

signal to noise

Girugamesh isnt metal. they are more hardcore than metal. if you want REAL metal listen to Anthem.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

xxdarkgeminixx

I disagree with you on the Girugamesh thing, but that's a subject for another topic. I'll definitely give Anthem a listen.

onshuu

But what kind of metal u are listening to...?
if u want sth from heavy metal i propose hizaki grace project (maybe Juka's voice is not typical for metal but hizaki's and Teru's solos on guitars are really stunning) Versailles (the same as hizaki but here u have Kamijo on vocal), next... Aikaryu, they're really great (guitar solos and sometimes growling voice). I think that Moi Dix Mois have sth heavier maybe because of monotonous Drums(Mana has no notion of good sound of drums) but guitars are quite good...

U can check this too(but i'm not sureif its exactly metal - i'm confused by all this types of music): Unsraw, exist trace, gemmik...

That's all as for beginning.
Probably the biggest database with jmusic!
www.jrock-music.mylog.pl - All jrock music you need!

ギターの神様 ~ 脩...
"Twoja stara, to twój stary Spajk"

Username

What GOD (edit: where did this come from?) you mean by "screaming crap"?  And from what I have heard, Girugamesh aren't metal.

Sex Machineguns
X Japan (duhhh)
Azrael
Intestine Baalism
Doom
Loudness
VRAIN
Aushvitz
Soulseek name: Cactuar

godhunters

yeah.....what u mean by screaming crap....we wanna know......if you tend to say that the screaming crap refer  to bands such as linkin park and nirvan than they certainly arent metal..........

klavierbarrette

ZeroDyne

Quote from: klavierbarrette on October 19, 2007, 06:43:43 AM
Galneryus.

Second'd. Galneryus's "ONE FOR ALL, ALL FOR ONE" album is amazing, well, so is every one of their releases, but One For All is the best :].

Tsunetako

Heavier music, you say? Why, good sir, I must recommend these bands and artists.

Lareine
Izabel Varosa
D'AIR
Kaya
Juka
Hizaki Grace Project

Enjoy!

Quorthon

Intestine Baalism is probably the most impressive metal act coming out from Japan in recent years. Well and Sigh too if you still don't know them.

CINEMA_BIZARRE

Quote from: Tsunetako on October 19, 2007, 11:11:41 AM
Heavier music, you say? Why, good sir, I must recommend these bands and artists.

Lareine
Izabel Varosa
D'AIR
Kaya
Juka
Hizaki Grace Project

Enjoy!

Are you joking?

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

Quote from: CINEMA_BIZARRE on October 19, 2007, 01:50:23 PM
Are you joking?

Nah. I agree with Tsune, check out all of those. They're heavy.
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

hmm id have to disagree.i wouldnt say they are heavy at all... well compared to the likes of lynch and unsraw and DeG etc

edit: OH..also masik, if u hate this place. why are you still here :S
ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

Karasu

You want heavy? You need to give the band, Boris a try. It's Doom Metal/Stoner Rock, but fuck that music is amazing, and blows any VK band trying to be heavy out of the water. Most VK bands do heavy but then they kind of wuss out and have soft stuff in with the heavy. And it doesnt always contrast well. But Boris is amazing, I recently got into them, and I can't get enough. Try them out man. I suggest trying 'Pink' or 'Heavy Rocks'

Actually, I have a question for you all...

Since we're talking about 'heavy' bands...what makes a band 'heavy' in your perspective? Whats your definition of it.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Most of the above bands aside from Sex Machine Guns , Loudness and Anthem can't be called metal in any sense.

I'd suggest

Vio System Divide ( speed / power metal )
Maverick (black metal / not the vk maverick btw )
Davidtz ( power metal with a bit of rap thrown in )
AZRAEL ( Hard Rock / metal )
Alahambra ( Melodic Metal )
BASSAIUM ( one of my fav death metal bands )
Baskerville ( HeavY Metal )
Buzz Cult ( Death Thrash Metal )

Just some of my tops , esp vio system divide and Maverick.
If you want samples or sites , I'll be happy to PM you with some.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/