Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2017, 03:11:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

+  Tonberry
|-+  General
| |-+  Music Discussion
| | |-+  What Visual Kei truly is...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: What Visual Kei truly is...  (Read 27843 times)
MR. Potato

« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2007, 02:42:21 PM »

where is my bike? Angry
odoroboujohn

My old clothes don't seem to fit now!

« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »

It's on your head. Wink

Livin' like a bug ain't easy
kyogasuki

JROCK[ist]

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2010, 09:25:13 AM »

"Visual Kei" as far as appearance go seems to be given to any band that dresses out of the "norm".  This could be anything from XJapan's wild style to the more well-known an.cafe's "omg i am a rainbow!" style.  When it comes to the style of music, you really can't listen to an artist and say "yeah, they are VK" since their musical styles vary greatly (again, XJapan and an.cafe as examples).  I think it is more of a label for a band...the kind of label that once you get, you are stuck with it lol.  Think about Dir en grey -- they started out with some crazy outfits (random: I love kyo's look for macabre!) but as time progressed, they faded out of it.  Now they are dressing (it appears) in whatever they pull out of their closet that morning.  Yet, many people will still (and probably always will) classify them as a VK band.

If I went through my music collection (400+ artists) and labeled them as either VK or not VK (based on what fans and biographies describe them as), 99% would get that label. 

Final conclusion:  It is a label given based on a band's clothing/makeup/hair style, and not the music they play.

Everyone, please continue uploading and seeding! Hopefully the forum can become lively again~!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length